Extraordinary Member

Default Deathstroke Inc. #3 Preview

Deathstroke Inc. #3 Preview
    Writer: Joshua Williamson
    Artist: Howard Porter

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

What the hell is this comic
    Hey Slade, only virgins can ride unicorns

I would've kicked him at that "sidekick" comment.

Is this the first time Queen of Fables has ever been arrested in a comic?

I'm surprised Cheetah's world is more fantasy than historical.

Astonishing Member

I was reading this and thinking about Deathstroke mixing up with magic. It's not that far out of field, for a guy who was ostensibly created to be a morality play or lesson for Dick Grayson on what not to do, having been intro'd in Teen Titans which is a mix & match of vigilante, space, magic, and whatever. But it still made me kind of have a brain moment for a second seeing paramilitary mercenary assassin Deathstroke the Terminator mixed up with the fantastical.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It is probably decent direction considering that Williamson was not going to surpass Priest when it comes to paramilitary and politics so might as well explore different things.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    It is probably decent direction considering that Williamson was not going to surpass Priest when it comes to paramilitary and politics so might as well explore different things.
    I actually really like the nature of what the Queen of Fables plot point is ... sort of a great contrast between a high-rent concept and a low-rent rationale that works really well. And then when it comes to what the ending sets up, and I think I see where that's going, quite good actually.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

I hate Deathstroke, but this book is still a lot of fun. I think TRUST are just a disguised new Legion of Doom.
    I know many here are not fans of Porter's art, but I still maintain he's perfect for the book's craziness. His take on the fairytale aspects was great and everything is so full of energy.
    I hope Williamson is the one steering the future of DC's spy corner, because this was a lot more interesting and fresh than Bendis's Checkmate.