Default Brightburn vs. Superman

Brandon "Brightburn" Breyer takes on live-action Superman.

Round I) Brightburn vs. DCEU Suoerman.

Round II) Brightburn takes on Smallville's Superman.

Curbstomp. Brightburn gets pimpslapped in both fights. Maybe if it ever gets a sequel and we see Brightburn grown up with better feats it'll be a debate but as of right now he's no challenge to either version.
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Bad enough against DCEU, but against Smallville? Does Brightburn owe you money? WellingMan is lightspeed, planet-moving, river-vaporizing insanity.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    Yeah this about sums it up.

I think before you get into any discussion about who would win in a superhero smack down that you have to figure out a means to quantify their powers.

In Brightburn, at first glance, it appears that his powers are unquantifiable, I mean, we don't see him struggle to lift anything and the only thing that gives him problems is the metal his craft was made out of.

However, there is a scene that gives us a sense of his power set. When his father takes him out to the woods to kill him and his father shoots him in the back of the head with the gun, the force of the impact of the bullet moves his head forward.
    He also grabs the back of his head where he was shot as if he was bitten by a mosquito. This action helps us define his powers as probably around the Luke Cage Level in terms of invulnerability.

Contrast that to when Superman was shot in the eyeball with a gun equivalent to a 9mm. Granted a 9mm would be about 3x weaker than the rifle used in Brightburn but then you can easily counter that an eyeball is 500x weaker than a skull.

So based on that comparison alone and their reactions to it, we can easily deduce the Superman is orders of magnitude stronger than Brightburn

I have tons of custom Superhero videos I've made on my channel, check them out https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClQ...AOWthhOzp9qpsA

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Curbstomp. Brightburn gets pimpslapped in both fights. Maybe if it ever gets a sequel and we see Brightburn grown up with better feats it'll be a debate but as of right now he's no challenge to either version.
    I doubt we'll ever get one. But assuming a sequel would have to raise the stakes, there's a blink and miss it scene where one of his psycho drawings is him in orbit covering the Earth in heat vision. Could mean nothing, or could be part of the spaceship signal showing him his purpose (he's more random Saiyan than Kal-El).