Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Misty Knight & Colleen Wing: Daughters of the Dragon appreciation 2021

As perhaps you knew, Misty Knight and Colleen Wing have been back in the "Spider-Man Beyond" arc, training Ben Reilly. Now, in Amazing Spider-Man #78.1 Ben Reilly is demoted to the sidelines, and the whole issue is about them!

Not a good thing for fans of Ben Reilly, or even Spider-Man in general, but great news for fans of Misty and Colleen. Without going in detail about the comic, let's just say that Jed nailed the characters and their dynamic perfectly. It really feels like one of those "Daughters of the Dragon" comics. And that's more than what I can say about most of Misty Knight's appearances in the last years.

Let's hope that they are not forgotten once this Beyond arc is done, and that they get their own comic at some point.

Extraordinary Member

I like them, also I knew Jed was writing this since they keep saying baby/babe after every other sentence.He does this w/ Black Cat as well

I really like them. I'm even considering giving a chance to this Beyond arc because of their role in it.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

If Spider-Man Beyond gets more people's eyes on the Daughters of the Dragon, that's not such a bad thing, I think. Hell, come to think of it, this isn't their first interaction with Spider-Man's world, as Black Cat was part of their Civil War-era Heroes for Hire hunting down unregistered heroes, and Misty briefly recruited Spider-Man himself for a later iteration of Heroes for Hire led by her.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Awesome! Glad they finally received their own Appreciation Thread!! Hoping they'll have plenty to do in the coming months...

Astonishing Member

I've only even seen Misty wear that leotard in this panel. Did she wear it anywhere else? I think I have all of the Iron Fist issues from Marvel Premier, but don't remember seeing it in any of those stories. I was very fond of the blue skirt/leotard Colleen wore in the Iron Fist series. I'm tired of seeing her in white jumpsuits!

LOL! The majority won't agree, but I've always liked Colleen's "samurai" outfit from the '80s (XD)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! The majority won't agree, but I've always liked Colleen's "samurai" outfit from the '80s (XD)

Well, it's a look .

it's unfortunate that they were forgotten for many years after the PM-IF series originally ended in 1986.. I believe there was a backup story in "Marvel Comics Presents" by the late 1980s but that was it for many years after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    it's unfortunate that they were forgotten for many years after the PM-IF series originally ended in 1986.. I believe there was a backup story in "Marvel Comics Presents" by the late 1980s but that was it for many years after that.
    Indeed. Definitely brings back memories (XD)
    Last edited by K7P5V; 12-08-2021 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Added Helpful Link.

After some issues not showing up, the dynamic duo shows up in Amazing Spider-Man #82. It's just one scene in the finale, setting up a fight against the Lizard.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post
    After some issues not showing up, the dynamic duo shows up in Amazing Spider-Man #82. It's just one scene in the finale, setting up a fight against the Lizard.

Hoping they survive the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Captain America View Post

So Colleen really likes wrecking cars now...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So Colleen really likes wrecking cars now...
    It's a Beyond car, so . . .

[center]Awesome! Glad they finally received their own Appreciation Thread!! Hoping they'll have plenty to do in the coming months...

Yes, its great that they have an Appreciation Thread, unfortunately it will be rebooted in a few days when the year changes. Dang it! I miss the former practice of starting a new thread when the page count exceeded a certain number.

Looks similar to the dream walking costume from the backup tale in CLASSIC X-MEN, where Misty got her own version of it with a gun holster. This is back when Misty's bionic arm had a flesh appearance rather than the armored up version later.
    Daugters of the Dragon Classic X-Men.jpg
    Protected by the Comics Code Authority
    YES Capes. YES Masks. YES Secret Identities.