Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcansfire View Post
    Sabretooth has a jobbertooth syndrome
    Sadly that doesn't look curable at this point.

In fact, it seems terminal. lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Lorna/Polaris has a bipolar disorder.

I suppose, Magneto also has a history of mental health issues.

In Mystique's case it was revealed that her powers have influenced her mental health. But Psylocke fixed her.
    This for sure.
    Sandy Hausler
    DC Boards Moderator (along with The Darknight Detective (who has a much cooler name that I do))
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    then there was that one time Doc Sampson convinced her to join the Initiative....
    I kinda liked the "Mutant Zero" mystery at the time. Haven't reread it though.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    I kinda liked the "Mutant Zero" mystery at the time. Haven't reread it though.
    I recall the speculations. Ranging from another Wolverine clone (because of the wrist blades) to Jean Grey, with likely barely anyone suspecting Typhoid Mary because hardly anyone recalled she was supposed to be a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I recall the speculations. Ranging from another Wolverine clone (because of the wrist blades) to Jean Grey, with likely barely anyone suspecting Typhoid Mary because hardly anyone recalled she was supposed to be a mutant.
    Also when she used pyrokinesis for some reason it tended to make a bird shape.

Also in Mary's case, while her mental states are sometime a benefit(since it can actually fool Daredevil into thinking she's a different person), it drastically limits her ability to use her powers.
    Last edited by marhawkman; 11-21-2021 at 06:38 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    Rachel Summers
    PTSD from extreme abuse and being mind controlled to kill the people she cared about during a brutal war that caused the loss of every single person she cared about.
    But I wonder how she can handle her mental ability. Given living in her own earth where her friends was manslaughter by the sentinels and the people she sees are alway drying and even possessed the power of phoenix back in the 80's. Does any issues have tackle her mentality recovery?

Fantastic Member

Rogue lots of memories she absorbs , the character struggle in thinking in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Lorna/Polaris has a bipolar disorder.

I suppose, Magneto also has a history of mental health issues.

In Mystique's case it was revealed that her powers have influenced her mental health. But Psylocke fixed her.
    Polaris does not have bipolar disorder.

Claudette St.Croix is autistic.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    Also wolverine and gambit might be sex addicts. And scarlet witch. I don't know what's her diagnosis but she's all kinds of messed up.
    I think it's debatable whether or not sex addiction is a mental health issue. As in, is what seems to be sex addiction actually something else? ("Sex addiction" does not have its own category in the DSM-5, after some amount of debate around that--not that the DSM is some final word.)

I think we can agree though ... Wolverine and Gambit have some issues.

All-New Member

I don't have specific issue numbers in mind, but doesn't Rahne Sinclair have a history of mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant101 View Post
    Rogue lots of memories she absorbs , the character struggle in thinking in the past.
    Given that, it’s a wonder that she didn’t end up with disassociate identity disorder. No telling what kind of damage absorbing countless memories of others could do to a person’s psyche.

Aurora has multiple personalities.

Polaris is bi-polar.

Rogue's control over her absorption powers is essentially contingent on her ability to control her fear and anxiety around them, so it's something she always has to work on.

Gambit grew up on the street and probably has all kinds of issues in regard to trust and attachment. And who knows what he was exposed to in terms of substance abuse and physical or sexual abuse/human trafficking before essentially joining a gang/mafia for protection and livelihood.