Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Mr Satan in the MCU.

So Mr Satan is mostly comic relief in the DB universe. However we also know that the main reason he's comic relief is that he's in a cast of characters that can rival gods. But as we know, he's still a legitimate martial artist in his own right and has won multiple world tournaments.

So how about if he was somewhere more....normal? Let's say we dump him in MCU New York. Where would he rank? Who would he decimate? Who would own him?

Same thing in the wider Marvel comics universe.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Best possible interpretation where he's durable enough to survive getting backhanded into a rock formation and fast enough to disappear (think that might have been anime only), he's still not hitting hard enough to fight anything much tougher than Captain America. The tiles he broke were more like inch thick stone slabs, so he's strong, just the gap is pretty wide once you get past Cap and into the actual supers. Lowball interpretation makes him basically a match for Cap: A skilled normal martial artist with a lot of strength.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-20-2021 at 11:58 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

He did a decently long distance flash step type move in the manga, too.

Couple more possibly anime-only feats: he's strong enough to pull four fully-loaded buses at least some small distance, and could easily punch through the metal side of one of said buses ... though getting his fist out was harder because the metal had crumpled around his wrist. And he could rip three fairly thick phone books in half.

Captain America strength or maybe a little more is probably fair-ish. Generously he might be Class 2? That might be very generous though. He's clearly above a completely baseline human though.
    Last edited by penguin-in-leather-jacket; 11-21-2021 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    He did a decently long distance flash step type move in the manga, too.
    He could probably beat some versions of Iron Man by blitz then

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    He could probably beat some versions of Iron Man by blitz then
    What versions of Iron Man? The one Tony made in a cave with a box of scraps? He definitely isn't beating any 616 Iron Man and also isn't beating any of the full IM MCU suits with Tony inside.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

By versions, I meant suit versions in the MCU.

I think he could probably stand a solid chance of beating any of the suits in the first couple movies provided he could get to Tony before he gets in the sky. He's fast enough and can punch through enough stone that he's probably capable of just prying the suits off Tony's body piece by piece if nothing else. Anything from the first Avengers movie or beyond is gonna be too much..

Wha? Even 1st movie Iron Man was no-selling direct hits by tank shells. The only IM suits he's taking down is Mark I or the crappy ones from IM 3.

Yeah, I think Satan gets massively overrated here.

I mean, during the Tournament, he was even afraid of the regular human fighters Jewel and Killer potentially ganging up on him.

I'm not saying he can punch through the suit, though I don't think he ever no-sold a tank shell in his Mark 3. What I recall is a tank shell knocking him right out of the sky and him dragging himself out of a small crater and then pointedly avoiding the next one. We don't really know how "damaged" he was by it, but that's sure as hell not no-selling. Anyway, Tony is plenty durable inside the suit, but Mr. Satan only needs to be strong enough to pry it apart at the joints or rivets, and fast enough to do that before Tony can get airborne. Which feats have been posted for.

I mean, during the Tournament, he was even afraid of the regular human fighters Jewel and Killer potentially ganging up on him.
    He has feats which have been posted in this and numerous other threads. Nebulously "normal" characters being a potential threat to him doesn't negate those feats. "Normal" human fighters in Dragon Ball are frequently still superhuman, like Mr. Satan.

Like if you want to play this game, A much later Iron Man has been hurt inside his suit by Captain America's punches. That's blatantly a low end showing, but it's more decisive than "maybe considers some guys who all we know about them is that they're insignificant compared to Buu-era Z fighters, to be a threat."

To sum up, here's what I would consider his main feats and how seriously I take them.

The more or less inarguable ones: He pretty much completely obliterates 14 stone slabs that are between one and two inches thick each, with a chop. We get very clear views on the size and texture of these slabs. He pulls off moving fast enough to disappear.

What I single out as a bit nebulous: Durability. Madcap stuff like getting smacked into a mountain by Cell. It's there and it's a feat, but I'd rather just talk about him with and without those kinds of feats than argue if they're legitimate or not.

Lets go crazy and have Mr. Satan at best capacity feats: Anime stuff like dragging four buses around. That'd put him at like class 10 and makes him a pretty different animal.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-21-2021 at 03:23 PM.

He gets hit, and is up within seconds. Tony is rattled, and it's more likely that's why he dodged the second round, but the suit has a few chips in the paint job/burn marks and at worst some superficial damage to the actual suit.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post

I mean, from his perspective he himself is a normal human being, and we have no real sense of the scale they operate on beyond "punching strength relatively comparable to Mr. Satan but otherwise an insignificant more of dust compared to the Z-crew," and frankly, all of the Avengers put together fall into the latter category in a straight fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    He gets hit, and is up within seconds. Tony is rattled, and it's more likely that's why he dodged the second round, but the suit has a few chips in the paint job/burn marks and at worst some superficial damage to the actual suit.
    You can frame how he gets up however you like, but if you call plummeting into a crater such that he has to get up at all "no-selling" you're just plain lying.

For the record though, "up within seconds" in this case, is literally dragging himself out of the crater over about ten seconds.

And the mask is pitted in at least two spots and burned (actually forget this and just look at the body shot below). It's not a "few chips in the paint job." It didn't injure him, but you can't really judge the damage well enough to say he didn't take any.

Edit: Actually looking at the shot a bit closer, here's your "scratches in the paint job"

That actually looks like considerable exterior damage in parts. There's a big scar, absolutely gouging the outer plate literally right next to the part that he needs to live, so I'd say he's lucky to have survived that scene.

By this standard, Mr. Satan no-sold being backhanded into a mountain.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-21-2021 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    That actually looks like considerable exterior damage in parts. There's a big scar, absolutely gouging the outer plate literally right next to the part that he needs to live, so I'd say he's lucky to have survived that scene.

By this standard, Mr. Satan no-sold being backhanded into a mountain.
    Hardly comparable, and you're vastly overstating the damage he took. Especially because he got hit on the right side of his body (staring at him, left side relative to him).
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

What "considerable damage"? It's right there onscreen. He gets hit point blank by a tank shell, gets up and proceeds to destroy said tank. Then proceeds to destroy all the entire ten rings at the site. Then is still functional enough to fly home and outfly multiple F-15, all without maintenance or repairs. His armor was fine.

The early IM armors weighed a ton or so, at most. An unsupported/free standing object of that mass getting knocked down by a tank shell designed to penetrate hard armor is completely reasonable (unless you want to claim he should have been bouncing these off his chest Superman-style). This says absolutely nothing about the damage he took and is as reaching an argument as Thanos "manhandling" Captain Marvel because someone with Hulk strength can throw a 120lb woman.

Mr. Satan can't do as much damage in a punch as a tank shell. It's as simple as that.
    Last edited by Twickster; 11-21-2021 at 10:35 PM.