Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Tank shells are designed to kill... other tanks. And modern tanks have the equivalent of 60 to 90 centimeters (two to three feet) of steel armor on the front and turret (much of that is due to angle yes, but it's absolutely how the military considers that). Satan is nowhere near "tank-busting" in his hitting force.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Then is still functional enough to fly home and outfly multiple F-15, all without maintenance or repairs. His armor was fine.
    Even worse, they were F-22s.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Some wild overstatement of Mr Satan's abilities here.

I feel like I should point out that tile breaking is just a trick that real world martial arts users do. Like, you can find videos of karate guys in the real world breaking bigger and thicker blocks in greater number than Mr Satan did.

Him pulling the buses is again, largely in line with stuff that real world strongmen do. Like, he pulls four buses, and real world strongest men in the world candidates pull planes. He is, at best, a bit stronger than a real world strong man.

Also, him being thrown into a rock - it was a big rock rather than a mountain if you look at the perspective - is such an obvious comedic beat, I don't see how there's a case for it to be taken remotely seriously.

He is not putting hands on Iron Man at all.

Also, he still almost died from a regular gunshot, only being saved by Buu. One blast from Iron Man will tear him apart.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchist View Post
    Also, he still almost died from a regular gunshot, only being saved by Buu. One blast from Iron Man will tear him apart.
    To be fair, Dragonball tech is higher than Earth tech, so the gun that shot him isn't necessarily comparable to a similarly sized real world gun. IIRC, the Earth military destroyed a hill with what appeared to be only a few seconds of airplane-mounted-gun/short-ranged missiles/tank/bazooka/handgun/rifle fire during the Cell Games.

That said, while those guys were soldiers going on an Apocalypse-inspired murder spree, I doubt that they were able to grab stuff on par with Chi Chi's old laser helmet, which is probably about the tier you have to be at before MCU Iron Man would begin to be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    To be fair, Dragonball tech is higher than Earth tech, so the gun that shot him isn't necessarily comparable to a similarly sized real world gun. IIRC, the Earth military destroyed a hill with what appeared to be only a few seconds of airplane-mounted-gun/short-ranged missiles/tank/bazooka/handgun/rifle fire during the Cell Games.

That said, while those guys were soldiers going on an Apocalypse-inspired murder spree, I doubt that they were able to grab stuff on par with Chi Chi's old laser helmet, which is probably about the tier you have to be at before MCU Iron Man would begin to be impressed.
    Be fair, this is also equivocating Iron Man with regular earth tech.

Also, anticipating the point about Mr. Satan soaking blunt force trauma (which IM's repulsors have been shown to act like sometimes - notwithstanding the fact that they've been shown to punch holes in things and people on occasion), 1st movie IM armor not only had guns, but autotargetting guns that hit multiple people at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Be fair, this is also equivocating Iron Man with regular earth tech.

Also, anticipating the point about Mr. Satan soaking blunt force trauma (which IM's repulsors have been shown to act like sometimes - notwithstanding the fact that they've been shown to punch holes in things and people on occasion), 1st movie IM armor not only had guns, but autotargetting guns that hit multiple people at once.
    I was only referring to the part about Mr. Satan almost dying from "a regular gunshot." For Iron Man, I put his baseline at Chi Chi's "turn-a-T-Rex-into-a-pile-of-charcoal-with-one-shot" beam, which honestly is probably overselling what he can do with his base level armaments.

Yeah, not touching the "Satan vs Ironman" debate.

That said; he is an accomplished martial artist, and through training, made it to the top. Mark (his real name), also took a good hit from kid Trunks, and smashed into the very thick outer wall. And somehow got up without serious injury (though still in pain). I'd put him near Captain America level in terms of strength and blunt trauma tanking. But he doesn't have fast healing, and quite vulnerable to gunpowder weapons. In a ground fight, provided he's not hiding from whatever threat is going on, it wouldn't hurt to have him there. Though, as Gohan stated, Videl is stronger than her dad, and has the more "lets stop this bad guy" type of personality. She would be of far more use. Especially when she learns to fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, not touching the "Satan vs Ironman" debate.

That said; he is an accomplished martial artist, and through training, made it to the top. Mark (his real name), also took a good hit from kid Trunks, and smashed into the very thick outer wall. And somehow got up without serious injury (though still in pain). I'd put him near Captain America level in terms of strength and blunt trauma tanking. But he doesn't have fast healing, and quite vulnerable to gunpowder weapons. In a ground fight, provided he's not hiding from whatever threat is going on, it wouldn't hurt to have him there. Though, as Gohan stated, Videl is stronger than her dad, and has the more "lets stop this bad guy" type of personality. She would be of far more use. Especially when she learns to fly.
    I question the claim of Videl being stronger than her dad, dude has a lot better showings.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

I think Videl's strongest feat is twisting Spopovich's neck with a kick.

While I don't know if she is physically stronger than her dad, in a fight she'd definitely still win.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I question the claim of Videl being stronger than her dad, dude has a lot better showings.
    Her best would be, as said, against a powered up Spopovich. The guy was getting a power boost from Babbidi, as well as his own energy manipulation. If not for Babbidi's magic constantly healing him and giving him energy, Videl would have won. But she lost the battle of attrition (and seeing a guy get back up after having his head kicked 180 degrees will surprise anyone).

I think Videl's strongest feat is twisting Spopovich's neck with a kick.

While I don't know if she is physically stronger than her dad, in a fight she'd definitely still win.
    I mean, neither of them have any clean, not-comic-relief feats worth mentioning by the standards of even the beginning of OG Dragonball, but in addition to get being the person that the SWAT team calls when they can't handle a situation, Gohan was more impressed with Videl and she was skilled/powerful enough to learn how to fly using her ki in an insanely short time frame.

Also, he still almost died from a regular gunshot.
    So would wonder woman but that doesn't mean she's overrated or anything