0 0%
  • WAYWARD #1

8 21.62%
  • WILDFIRE #3

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSnorefest View Post
    Wayward has some really great covers, anyone read it? Does the interior art match up at all?
    The interior art matches up well with the cover, but to me the script fell a bit flat to me. The premise is interesting, but the first issue doesn't really live up to the promise. I'll pick up the next issue, but if that doesn't fully hook me, I'll probably end up dropping it.

Saga #22 was definitely my book of the week, overall. I really enjoy what they're doing and I like the fact that not everything in the issue's main argument scene is on the nose. Staples' art is, as always, lovely to stare at.

Low is intriguing, but Remender and I are just on different wavelengths. I always want to like his stuff but never ending up doing it. My review on it (here for it as well as my full review on Saga and Wayward) goes into that feeling in a little more depth.

Wow, Wayward has 5 votes already during Saga week. That's very impressive.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Quote Originally Posted by Davenex View Post
    I read wayward yesterday (Australia gets comics one day early i think). It was pretty much what Roland said, more or less whatever was in the previews. However I found it to be a nice slow introduction to the story with a bit of action and mystery teased. Also has some nice info and sketches shown on the creatures debuting in the issue, from the info I would assume most of the creatures would be pulled from japanese mythology. I enjoyed it but will have to give it a few more issues to see where the story goes.
    I enjoyed Wayward, but found it the complete opposite for a first issue. Found it the first half well paced, but the second half the protagonist seems way too accepting of everything going on.

That said, I have a feeling it's a case of "we don't want to spend the first few issues with the standard exposition, we got stuff to get to!"

Covers were amazing, interior art is great. Definitely worth a read.

If you're not an anime fan might not be your cup of tea.

Quote Originally Posted by Twelvecarpleup View Post
    I enjoyed Wayward, but found it the complete opposite for a first issue. Found it the first half well paced, but the second half the protagonist seems way too accepting of everything going on.

That said, I have a feeling it's a case of "we don't want to spend the first few issues with the standard exposition, we got stuff to get to!"

I hate anime art in general (all characters looking 'cutesy', exaggerated eyes and features), however I love the art here in Wayward. Steve Cummings toned down the cute a lot for this. I read him doing an interview that he was told to tone down the cute by publishers to appeal to the American masses. Worked for me as I like the art a lot better.
    Anne Bonnie, Princess Ugg, Five Ghosts, Saga, Rat Queens, Groo, Goon, Usagi Yojimbo, Sixth Gun, Wasteland, Courtney Crumrin, Jonah Hex, Walking Dead, Manifest Destiny, God Hates Astronauts, Spread, Fearless Dawn, Nailbiter, Copperhead, Stray Bullets, Birthright, Bone, Lazarus

Does make me laugh how Saga seems to smash the poll every month...

I read Low, Black Science, Saga, Outcast and Wildfire this week. I may have to grab a copy of Wayward. The art look fantastic. I will add a vote for Saga.

"Comic Book Reviewer" InformationGeek's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Groo Odyssey View Post
    I hate anime art in general (all characters looking 'cutesy', exaggerated eyes and features), however I love the art here in Wayward.
    You do realize not all anime is like that, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Twelvecarpleup View Post

I am an anime fan and I found Wayward to not even be as a good as a lot of first chapters in manga. This comic needed a lot more foundation and world-building.

Living on the dolmantle eye of all's Avatar

Light week for me, but Black Science and Sex were my top books.
    Read Prophet, live Stray Bullets.

All-New Member

Manhattan Projects was my favorite for the week.

Wayward had its moments, but its going to have to improve quite a bit if I'm going to continue to pull it after the first arc.

Saga was fun as always, but I'm really getting ready for this arc to end.

I really liked all the image books I read this week but if I had to rank them.

1. Wayward #1 (granted, a lot of that is probably first issue excitement)
    2. Saga #22
    3. Outcast #3
    4. Low #2
    5. The Manhattan Projects #23
    6. Black Science #8

I bought Saga and Wayward. I liked Wayward but Saga was flawless, the best issue of the series in a long time and considering every Saga issue is at least excellent, that's really saying something.
    Image Comics (TPB):
    Saga, Southern Bastards, Injection, Descender, Deadly Class, Chew, Black Magick

DC Rebirth (Digital):
    The Flash, Batman, Green Lanterns, Aquaman