View Poll Results: Who Should Get A Solo Film Or Show?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Green Lantern/Alan Scott

1 1.61%
  • Flash/Jay Garrick

3 4.84%
  • Dr Fate/Kent Nelson

8 12.90%
  • Hourman (any one of them)

4 6.45%
  • Hawkman & Hawkgirl

13 20.97%
  • Amazing Man/WIll Everett

1 1.61%
  • Black Canary/Dinah Drake Lance

2 3.23%
  • Wildcat/Ted Grant

6 9.68%
  • Sandman/Wesley Dodds/Sandy Hawkins

9 14.52%
  • Power Girl/Kara Zor-L

7 11.29%
  • Johnny Quick/Liberty Belle

0 0%
  • Jessie Quick

0 0%
  • Johnny Thunder

1 1.61%
  • Mr Terrific/Michael Holt

5 8.06%
  • Other(Please Specify)

2 3.23%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

I love the JSA but this contest is easy for me.

The Hawks for sure. Everything from their character, story, weapons, etc

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Actually, with 52 people having voted, "Hawkman & Hawkgirl" (at 9 votes) are now tied with "Sandman/Wesley Dodds/Sandy Hawkins" (also with 9 votes).
    And now the Hawks have the lead again.

Incredible Member

I'm really surprised that Power Girl isn't doing better.
    Right now she is in a tie for sixth.

An interesting life story, tremendous super powers, warped
    sense of humor. There is a lot to work with here.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by RobinGA View Post
    I'm really surprised that Power Girl isn't doing better.
    Right now she is in a tie for sixth.

An interesting life story, tremendous super powers, warped
    sense of humor. There is a lot to work with here.
    Yeah, usually in these polls, she's up there as probably the first or second most popular of the newer JSA generations and the obvious logical next gen team leader type, (along with Mr. Terrific). I suppose she's been so long out of mind, and her return is so ominous in it's probable terribleness, people are starting to give up on her.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, usually in these polls, she's up there as probably the first or second most popular of the newer JSA generations and the obvious logical next gen team leader type, (along with Mr. Terrific). I suppose she's been so long out of mind, and her return is so ominous in it's probable terribleness, people are starting to give up on her.
    Or the fact we just had a Supergirl TV series not that long ago is part of the reason.

The Hawks.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Or the fact we just had a Supergirl TV series not that long ago is part of the reason.
    It's the major reason and most likely relegate Kara to either guest appearances on others' shows or maybe as a regular on a JSA show/movie.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

By a process of elimination, Hawkman seems the most likely. Any other live action versions have been relatively minor, he's going to be in BLACK ADAM, Geoff Johns likes him a lot. And he's a big enough character to rate his own show or movie.

Not saying that's the one I'd want to see the most, but I wouldn't complain about it. How about Starman? Or for giggles, the Atom?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    By a process of elimination, Hawkman seems the most likely. Any other live action versions have been relatively minor, he's going to be in BLACK ADAM, Geoff Johns likes him a lot. And he's a big enough character to rate his own show or movie.

Not saying that's the one I'd want to see the most, but I wouldn't complain about it. How about Starman? Or for giggles, the Atom?
    Or Ma Hunkel?

DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Or Ma Hunkel?
    He has a better chance than the Atom - even with his atomic punch!
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Extraordinary Member

Power Girl is nothing like Supergirl really, and a proper Power Girl movie would be nothing like that series. I mean, Captain Marvel of MCU fame is sort of generically like Kryptonians in terms of impact and power set, but despite her obvious similarities to both SG and PG, she's not really like either when it comes down to it. None of those should conflict with the others, and none of their shows should be the same.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    He has a better chance than the Atom - even with his atomic punch!
    Have Peter Dinkledge (spelling?) express interest in it, maybe get Dwayne Johnson excited about the idea, and it'll happen.

And y'all know I adore Power Girl but I didn't vote for her largely because we've seen the story of the Kryptonian immigrant. Karen is a fantastic character, unique, and fully deserving of a show or film regardless of what DC does with Supergirl or Clark at any given time; Karen is no more like them than Tim Drake and Jean Paul are like Dick Grayson. But PG would still be a relatively "normal" superhero project and I wanna see someone push the boundaries.

I voted for the weird, Vertigo-esque take on Hourman that half of you probably wouldn't even consider a proper "superhero" film so clearly I'm going against the grain.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I wonder why the Hawks have such a lead. Don't get me wrong, I love the characters but didn't expect them to lead this. Is it because of the visual appearance combined with their ties to ancient Egypt? Their consistent appearances in other media? The multiple solo ongoings and appearances on teams? All of the aforementioned reasons or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Have Peter Dinkledge (spelling?) express interest in it, maybe get Dwayne Johnson excited about the idea, and it'll happen.

And y'all know I adore Power Girl but I didn't vote for her largely because we've seen the story of the Kryptonian immigrant. Karen is a fantastic character, unique, and fully deserving of a show or film regardless of what DC does with Supergirl or Clark at any given time; Karen is no more like them than Tim Drake and Jean Paul are like Dick Grayson. But PG would still be a relatively "normal" superhero project and I wanna see someone push the boundaries.

I voted for the weird, Vertigo-esque take on Hourman that half of you probably wouldn't even consider a proper "superhero" film so clearly I'm going against the grain.
    She's not a Krypptonian refugee so much as she is a refugee from an entirely dead earth. She differs from Clark in that she had these connections to an entirely different version of Superman and the JSA but now she is on a different earth with people who are very similar counterparts to the people she grew up with but have no personal history with her.

That's a mindfuck and a potentially rich source of storytelling.

I blame Karen's decline on the Nu52. Johns actually elevated the character by making her a refugee from another earth, had her grow into the chairwoman of the JSA and showed her mentoring other younger heroes. She even got an ongoing based entirely on the momentum created by that JSA run. Karen just needed a good creative duo to realize her potential.

Then the Nu52 hit and all that build up and history was gone and we got an entirely different character with an entirely different personality and history.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Power Girl is nothing like Supergirl really, and a proper Power Girl movie would be nothing like that series. I mean, Captain Marvel of MCU fame is sort of generically like Kryptonians in terms of impact and power set, but despite her obvious similarities to both SG and PG, she's not really like either when it comes down to it. None of those should conflict with the others, and none of their shows should be the same.
    Power Girl is actually the same basic character but from a different Krypton. Their personalities and storylines would be different, but the powers and many of the visual effects would be pretty much the same.