View Poll Results: How old is Peter Parker (616)?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

1 3.33%

0 0%

1 3.33%

4 13.33%

2 6.67%

5 16.67%
  • older (please specify)

17 56.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Default How old is Peter Parker (616)?

How old do you consider Peter parker to be in current Spider-man comics (616)?

I was just having a conversation elsewhere about the various clones of Gwen and I mentioned that she's always brought back the age she died (17-19) but Pete keeps getting older and Gwen never seems to comment on this. It should go without saying but from Peter's side, outside of the original saga, it has never appeared he's seeing her as anything other than a friend so it's not creepy on him.

But other people gave various ages from 20 to 30, so I was wondering how everyone here sees him.

Personally, I see him as 25.

Similarly to Dick Grayson (the original Robin) he's a guy who was there at the start and has aged/matured along with the comic book universe. He's now in his early prime, highly experienced and seen as a peer among the current heroes who appeared around the same time, but still full of potential and young enough to lead the next generation to even greater heights.
    Last edited by exile001; 01-15-2022 at 03:00 PM.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    How old do you consider Peter parker to be in current Spider-man comics (616)?

I was just having a conversation elsewhere about the various clones of Gwen and I mentioned that she's always brought back the age she died (17-19) but Pete keeps getting older and Gwen never seems to comment on this. It should go without saying but from Peter's side, outside of the original saga, it has never appeared he's seeing her as anything other than a friend so it's not creepy on him.

But other people gave various ages from 20 to 30, so I was wondering how everyone here sees him.

Personally, I see him as 25.

Similarly to Dick Grayson (the original Robin) he's a guy who was there at the start and has aged/matured along with the comic book universe. He's now in his early prime, highly experienced and seen as a peer among the current heroes who appeared around the same time, but still full of potential and young enough to lead the next generation to even greater heights.
    25 is a good round number, if you can compress the last 60 years of Marvel Comics publishing into 10+ years, though I would edge him to just under 30, which is most likely where he's going to remain for the foreseeable future. That said, I do agree with the comparison to Dick Grayson/Robin/Nightwing, and would love a Marvel/DC team-up with those two. For Peter, it would be like fighting alongside a Daredevil that quips (almost) as much as he does and smiles more often.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

AFAIK the only time it was outright stated just how long it's been since the spider bit Peter was ASM vol 3 #1. The caption said 13 years ago, so that'd put him at 28. But then, there was the Zodiac time jump (1 year), and the Secret Wars "reboot". So, it will remain in the 25-30 range possibly forever and that's about the most precise guess at any given point.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Dang it, I meant to run the poll to 30 but didn't add enough options (which apparently I can't now change) and I really thought most people would skew younger than 25.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Fantastic Member Crazyspideyfan's Avatar

Chip Zdarsky’s run on Spectacular states during the time travel story that it had been over 15 years since Peter got bit, placing him around 30 or older, which matches up pretty well with the rest of the Marvel timeline. However, recently, in Spencer’s run, MJ calls him “mid 20s”, which straight up makes no sense, as he has been shown as late 20s in the previous ASM runs, and should be about 31 right now, same as Johnny Storm. I think there was even a special Marvel issue where someone tells Spidey “What are you, like, 30?” And he says something along the lines of “30 is not that old!”. I’ve been trying to find this issue, came out a few years ago. So his canon age is around 29-31, but it’s all depending on the writer. If he’s still 25, then he’s been 25 for decades now lol.

he was 30 but spencer run made him mid 20s
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

A throwaway line in Spencer's run mentions he's mid 20's now.

(ASM#14 vol 5).

Felicia's on-going also mentions she's mid-20's, and she's around Peter's age:

(Black Cat#1).

So yeah, the intention nowadays seems to be for him to be in his mid-20's, instead of late 20's, 'cause yay comic books.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Lightbulb

If you add every milestone up (periods where we know six months or a year passed between events for example) the guy's got to be 30 or close.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    25 is a good round number, if you can compress the last 60 years of Marvel Comics publishing into 10+ years, though I would edge him to just under 30, which is most likely where he's going to remain for the foreseeable future. That said, I do agree with the comparison to Dick Grayson/Robin/Nightwing, and would love a Marvel/DC team-up with those two. For Peter, it would be like fighting alongside a Daredevil that quips (almost) as much as he does and smiles more often.
    I agree with you but he can't remain there long in a shared universe because there is one major problem Kamala's & Miles' generation. Every time one of them has a milestone Peter will need to get that much older. Marvel shot themselves in the foot once they introduced and focused on a large group of teenage characters much younger than Peter.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

29-30. I think that's about where Learning to Crawl set him up chronologically.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    29-30. I think that's about where Learning to Crawl set him up chronologically.
    This is around where I was thinking 28-29.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I agree with you but he can't remain there long in a shared universe because there is one major problem Kamala's & Miles' generation. Every time one of them has a milestone Peter will need to get that much older. Marvel shot themselves in the foot once they introduced and focused on a large group of teenage characters much younger than Peter.
    Why should they care about that logic now? Kitty was introduced as a 13 year old girl back when Peter was in college, she probably aged 7 years at least while he aged like, 3 at best since then, if we consider the "Mid-20's" age they're pushing now that is, and nowadays Kitty looks like she's around Peter's age, which should be impossible lol.

Either way, if we follow recent stuff, he should be above 30 now, 28 before Secret Wars' 8 months time skip, should be 29 after it, and Slott closed off his run by saying that an year have passed since the beginning of volume 4 (Or at least, the end of that worldwide arc), but following such logic doesn't work in comic books lol.

Astonishing Member

He’s 28-30. I couldn’t give a fig what some throwaway lines say. First they contradict other lines, like Peter celebrating his 28th birthday in ASM Vol. 3, and second there’s no way you’re fitting thousands of issues into ten years of continuity. It’s just too insane for him to have gone through everything he’s gone through in less than a decade. And even crazier, it’d really be five years since the late 70s when he graduated college (since that means the first fifteen years took him through the last year of high school and 4 years of college).

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    He’s 28-30. I couldn’t give a fig what some throwaway lines say. First they contradict other lines, like Peter celebrating his 28th birthday in ASM Vol. 3, and second there’s no way you’re fitting thousands of issues into ten years of continuity. It’s just too insane for him to have gone through everything he’s gone through in less than a decade. And even crazier, it’d really be five years since the late 70s when he graduated college (since that means the first fifteen years took him through the last year of high school and 4 years of college).
    I mean, there's no way you're fitting all the bullshit that happens at Marvel in just 10 years too lol.

We talking about the same company that thinks a deal with a devil is a better solution to separate Peter and MJ than a divorce, Marvel logic makes no sense.

If they want to say that Peter is mid 20's then he is, we don't have to like it, but even if Marvel toned down the "Peter has to be young" aspect compared to last decade, it's still there, and fact we got that line to begin with is enough evidence of that lol.

So yeah, they de-aged him, and I can't wait for the day he becomes younger than Miles .

Fantastic Member

At the rate Marvel is going Miles will be 28 with a steady relationship while Peter is skipping 4th period to stop Scorpion.