View Poll Results: Should the Michelle Jones character be brought into Marvel Comics?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supporting character for Peter Parker

11 24.44%
  • Supporting character for Miles Morales

18 40.00%
  • Supporting character for Ben Reilly

8 17.78%
  • Supporting character for Gwen Stacy

8 17.78%
Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 182425262728293031 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    Gwen's a superhero now. People need to get the idea that she's Peter's love interest out of their heads. That iteration of the character is gone.

How?
    In the Sonyverse she became Jackpot instead of meeting Peter. Having a variant with superpowers is a fun gimmick. It could be Zendaya, Shailene Woodley or Kirsten Dunst.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-29-2021 at 08:06 AM.

Gwen's a superhero now. People need to get the idea that she's Peter's love interest out of their heads. That iteration of the character is gone.

How?
    Just create a Michelle Jones who's kind of "indie artist" "quirky" "hippie" but secretly she is Jackpot, with some low-key telekinesis that allows her to control spray paint to elaborate effects. She goes around doing graffiti murals, often highlighting Gen-Z social issues, and is wanted by the police. Miles is torn because under mayor Fisk, graffiti is a "quality of life crime" with a task force; but Miles grew up occasionally "tagging" himself...

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Just create a Michelle Jones who's kind of "indie artist" "quirky" "hippie" but secretly she is Jackpot, with some low-key telekinesis that allows her to control spray paint to elaborate effects. She goes around doing graffiti murals, often highlighting Gen-Z social issues, and is wanted by the police. Miles is torn because under mayor Fisk, graffiti is a "quality of life crime" with a task force; but Miles grew up occasionally "tagging" himself...
    Did you miss that "Michelle Jones" is a variant of Mary Jane Watson?

I voted for Miles since No wasn't an option.
    That she is another MJ makes it more difficult to bring her into the Spidey books imo. Letting her go by Michelle would be an easy fix.
    I'm not a huge fan of hers. To be fair I am critical of all of the Spidey movie supporting casts because they all have different personalities from Peter's comic supporting cast, and some of them are obviously Mile's supporting cast with new name. It takes me out of the story.
    Aunt May is a vivacious woman, Ned is a nerd and Peter's best friend, MJ is a bookworm, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, no more than any other character whose personality/characterization they changed up in the MCU (or adaptions in general). Like when they made Gwen more like her in the Amazing movies.

If she was that malleable they wouldn't have established her last name is still Watson.

Wouldn't that be erasing a significant, iconic, female character though? Like, I understand wanting it from a progressive angle, but it's like "let's make Lois Lane male, even though Lois Lane is an iconic and empowering female character who young girls look up to."
    Gay boys need someone to look up to too. There's far more female role models in super hero movies than gay ones, if the welfare of children is our primary concern, then I'd argue we need more prominent gay characters.
    Also, I think a gay male MJ who had that classic MJ personality would be closer to the spirit of who MJ is than just having a young woman with a completely different personality.
    If the Spider-Verse can have a cartoon pig Spidey and it's accepted, I can't see the problem with a queer Spidery in the multiverse.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    Gay boys need someone to look up to too. There's far more female role models in super hero movies than gay ones, if the welfare of children is our primary concern, then I'd argue we need more prominent gay characters.
    Also, I think a gay male MJ who had that classic MJ personality would be closer to the spirit of who MJ is than just having a young woman with a completely different personality.
    If the Spider-Verse can have a cartoon pig Spidey and it's accepted, I can't see the problem with a queer Spidery in the multiverse.
    I'm not arguing that, or the value of a queer Spider-Man, but female role models are still important in my opinion especially in the context of the mythos of Spider-Man and deserves better than a gender-flip.

But I would altogether prefer a more comic-accurate MJ in general.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Thinking about it, I could see them pull a Sarah Stacy and introduce a Michelle as a cousin of MJ lol.

But honestly, I don't think they will. Now having seen NWH and they fully embraced the idea of multiverse having splintering differing (Michelle Jones being the Mary Jane, there being no Osborn or Oscorp in the MCU) I doubt the comics really "need" to create a Michelle Jones equivalent now.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    Thinking about it, I could see them pull a Sarah Stacy and introduce a Michelle as a cousin of MJ lol.
    You're confusing a Stacy who's nearly identical with Gwen to another Stacy who's identical to Gwen, Jill is the cousin, Sarah is the daughter/clone .
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    You're confusing a Stacy who's nearly identical with Gwen to another Stacy who's identical to Gwen, Jill is the cousin, Sarah is the daughter/clone .
    Gwen Clones in both a literal and figurative sense. Reminds me of Char Aznable .

Do people want to make it look like the Watsons exist to serve as the love interest for the Spiders?

What happens to the universes where a Watson becomes the Spider?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Gwen Clones in both a literal and figurative sense. Reminds me of Char Aznable .
    oh char got Spiderman beat in terms of clones easy
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Do people want to make it look like the Watsons exist to serve as the love interest for the Spiders?

That is the definition of unnecessary overkill: You already have Gwen and Jessica Drew and if they choose to use them Annie and Mayday.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    That is the definition of unnecessary overkill: You already have Gwen and Jessica Drew and if they choose to use them Annie and Mayday.
    You're overthinking this.

(Wouldn't Annie and Mayday count as Watsons? )

A̶u̶n̶t̶ ̶A̶n̶n̶a̶x̶P̶e̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶?̶

A whole lot of self lovin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    oh char got Spiderman beat in terms of clones easy
    Really? 'Cause back in clone saga there was basically a small army of Spidey clones, it's just that they all died.

Technically Ben clones are also Peter clones, and Sinister made a few for whatever reason in Wolverines.
    Last edited by Lukmendes; 01-05-2022 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    We all know that BND was a collective mid-life crisis from Marvel back then

You really want more Superhero MJ .