View Poll Results: Should the Michelle Jones character be brought into Marvel Comics?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supporting character for Peter Parker

11 24.44%
  • Supporting character for Miles Morales

18 40.00%
  • Supporting character for Ben Reilly

8 17.78%
  • Supporting character for Gwen Stacy

8 17.78%
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

I want her to be a supporting character for Lily Hollister or Sarah Stacy.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I know this isn't the topic the thread asked, but do you guys honetly see the MCU introducing Mary Jane? They like to emphasize Michelle isn't replacing the Mary Jane and I like her in the role and her chemistry with Peter, but I doubt they'll ever move on to another Mary Jane unless they pull some multiverse-variant shenanigans.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I know this isn't the topic the thread asked, but do you guys honetly see the MCU introducing Mary Jane? They like to emphasize Michelle isn't replacing the Mary Jane and I like her in the role and her chemistry with Peter, but I doubt they'll ever move on to another Mary Jane unless they pull some multiverse-variant shenanigans.
    Why wouldn't they do multi-verse shtuff?

Holland's already talking about leaving the role. Unless they plan on doing a canonical Spider-Gwen within the MCU, I doubt it. They'll multiverse this away when they recast Peter and his supporting cast.

Astonishing Member

Unless they use Michelle in the cartoon, eventually they will use the redhead MJ in the MCU. As for Michelle, I stated before the best approach to her is to find a non Spider-Man place for her ( like they are doing with Cindy Moon ( a very inferior character)). Why? To find out if she can stand on her own without Spider-Man ( something we learned Felicia cannot do).

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Since she is a female minority character, Marvel will try and find a non Peter place for her ( she could even become a super heroine). The most recent example is Cindy Moon. Does it mean it will be successful? No look at Felicia Hardy without Spider-Man ( Ben Reilly included), but trust me they will try.
    Felicia's book sold decently and got good reviews. Not sure if that's a good example.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Felicia's book sold decently and got good reviews. Not sure if that's a good example.
    She dipped hard in between for a few months and only recently picked back up

And had two relaunches as well, so 2 number ones, etc. And the first series was using the classic "have big members from the universe be a part of it to boost sales" like they are doing w/ shang chi solo.

Cat(and others like her) can do a solo if they have a writer like Jed Mckay w/ good art.

They can sustain a solo under good conditions, but I wouldn't clasify them as solo characters but having solo potential

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    According to the sales, her book did not reach the numbers that it should have ( based on critical acclaim). If it would have they would be having her in a new solo series instead of popping up with Peter, Ben and even in a one shot with MJ.

It would've been easier if Michelle wasn't MJ.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    This, they used the name because people know it and only for that.

They could make her Jackpot .

Even if they replace Peter with Miles, you could still keep Ned and MJ. Because in the original Ultimate Spiderman, miles still interacts with Aunt May, Gwen and MJ.

That also works if you adapt the Clone Saga. You could have the new actor play Ben or Kaine and give them Peter's memories. It's a fun meta way to deal with recasting a character.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-24-2021 at 09:05 AM.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

If she does wind up getting added to the comics, I'd imagine she'd be made a classmate of Miles. Fitting since the MCU kind of jacked a lot of Miles' school environment anyway.
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEchidna View Post
    If she does wind up getting added to the comics, I'd imagine she'd be made a classmate of Miles. Fitting since the MCU kind of jacked a lot of Miles' school environment anyway.
    That's basically what I think Barbara is, at least in terms of execution if not characterization, like how he has his own MCU Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That's basically what I think Barbara is, at least in terms of execution if not characterization, like how he has his own MCU Flash.
    Miles getting an MCU Flash is kinda lame, 'cause MCU Flash is more or less Ditko's Flash, since his bullying was mostly not violent (I think only ASM#8 is when he picked a fight with Peter), something MCU Flash also does since he just talks **** about Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    They put more emphasis on wanting to "surprise" the audience that they cast Zendaya as MJ. So we get this whole "she's Michelle" thing all throughout Homecoming's promotion and the movie and all that. That she's "MJ" is treated as a big reveal, and Peter falls completely and madly in love with her between movies with no actual reason given other than she's "MJ", the nickname of Spider-Man's iconic love interest.

They should have just been upfront that she was Mary Jane all along. And to ignore anyone that had a problem with the casting. Instead we've reached this really muddled situation.