View Poll Results: Should the Michelle Jones character be brought into Marvel Comics?

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • Supporting character for Peter Parker

11 24.44%
  • Supporting character for Miles Morales

18 40.00%
  • Supporting character for Ben Reilly

8 17.78%
  • Supporting character for Gwen Stacy

8 17.78%
Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Makes
    Variant MJ black
    Voila

BANNED

I wish there was an option for no or not sure or not necessary. I see this as a Rachel Dawes situation from the Nolan Batman films. Rachel was a very important character in the Nolan films but I dont think she has ever appeared in the Batman comics.

Also honestly I dont find Zandaya MJ much of a stand out like X-23 or Harley Quinn who were originally cartoon characters they finally brought to the comics and have been used very well in the movies.

Zandya MJ is just alright. I much prefer Kristen Dunst MJ because she at least had depth as a character and there was so much going with her beneath the surface.

The subtle ways Raimi did the fact that Kristen Dunst MJ came from a troubled broken family where there were quarrels every night was excellent and a very underrated story arc in the Raimi movies. Zandaya MJ does not really have much of that going on, she is perfect only for the Disney narrative of how they view Spiderman. Bringing her to the comics or other platform not MCU related, will not really add much to Spiderman's Universe.
    Last edited by Castle; 11-28-2021 at 07:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I wish there was an option for no or not sure or not necessary. I see this as a Rachel Dawes situation from the Nolan Batman films. Rachel was a very important character in the Nolan films but I dont think she has ever appeared in the Batman comics.

Also honestly I dont find Zandaya MJ much of a stand out like X-23 or Harley Quinn who were originally cartoon characters they finally brought to the comics and have been used very well in the movies.

Zandya MJ is just alright. I much prefer Kristen Dunst MJ because she at least had depth as a character and there was so much going with her beneath the surface.

The subtle ways Raimi did the fact that Kristen Dunst MJ came from a troubled broken family where there were quarrels every night was excellent and a very underrated story arc in the Raimi movies. Zandaya MJ does not really have much of that going on, she is perfect only for the Disney narrative of how they view Spiderman. Bringing her to the comics or other platform not MCU related, will not really add much to Spiderman's Universe.
    I can take or leave Zandaya, she is not a great actress or hot like Gal Gadot, but please do not mention her in the same breath as Harley Quinn. Her performance in Spider-Man is on the level of Brando’s Don Vito Corleone, compared to anyone in Birds of Prey especially Margot Robbie as Quinn and the even worse Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya ( each of which was worse then Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl in Batman and Robin ( which was number one on my comic book movie hate list before Birds of Prey)).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    I can take or leave Zandaya, she is not a great actress or hot like Gal Gadot, but please do not mention her in the same breath as Harley Quinn. Her performance in Spider-Man is on the level of Brando’s Don Vito Corleone, compared to anyone in Birds of Prey especially Margot Robbie as Quinn and the even worse Rosie Perez as Renee Montoya ( each of which was worse then Alicia Silverstone as Batgirl in Batman and Robin ( which was number one on my comic book movie hate list before Birds of Prey)).
    They do say make up defines a lot.

To the contrary I find Zandaya (in real life) absolutely stunning and very beautiful. Seeing her on red carpets and watching Dune. she is gorgeous. What MCU Spiderman movies did is water down her beauty and made her way too plain jane.

Beauty may be in the eyes of the beholder but Zandaya to me is in the same beauty league as Gal Gadot.

I understand the Harley Quinn backlash, she is an overexposed character and maybe some find her annoying but facts are facts, Quinn has been a breakout character in cartoons and movies and Maggie's performance is well liked to the point WB sees her as an asset to the DCEU.

Zandya MJ has none of that factor going on.
    Last edited by Castle; 11-28-2021 at 10:21 AM.

Astonishing Member

To the contrary I find Zandaya (in real life) absolutely stunning and very beautiful. Seeing her on red carpets and watching Dune. she is gorgeous. What MCU Spiderman movies did is water down her beauty and made her way too plain jane.

Beauty may be in the eyes of the beholder but Zandaya to me is in the same beauty league as Gal Gadot.

I understand the Harley Quinn backlash, she is an overexposed character and maybe some find her annoying but facts are facts, Quinn has been a breakout character in cartoons and movies and Maggie's performance is well liked to the point WB sees her as an asset to the DCEU.

It is true that “Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder” and Zandaya is made “Plain Jane” in Spider-Man, but comparing her to Gadot, or even Ana de Armas or Lea Seydoux ( let alone say a Salma Hayak or Marion Cotillard) is something I do not agree with. As for Harley Quinn, I simply do not understand the love for her. I did not like her in Suicide Squad but I liked the movie ( mostly due to a very underrated Will Smith performance), but Birds of Prey is a movie I absolutely despised ( only Paradise Hills was worse in my opinion). Why? It was anti-male and pure camp ( and not in a good way). All they needed was Kristen Stewart to make it worse.

hmmmm.......

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    hmmmm.......
    She is good looking but not as hot as the ladies that I mentioned. Marion Cotillard in A Good Year and Salma Hayak in Fools Rush In are absolutely perfect.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-28-2021 at 02:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    OP Question -

I did not vote. I don't want this MJ in any comics. Keep her out of the comics, I say.
    Yeah, we should get rid of MJ. She just bogs down the story.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Yeah, we should get rid of MJ. She just bogs down the story.
    Remember she is a female minority, so they will not get rid of her. She is meh for me but better then Cindy Moon and they find places for her, so I expect her to end up somewhere?

Remember she is a female minority, so they will not get rid of her. She is meh for me but better then Cindy Moon and they find places for her, so I expect her to end up somewhere?

They don’t get rid of anybody minority or not. She will just pop up more
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

I think that poster was talking about getting rid of Mary Jane.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    I think that poster was talking about getting rid of Mary Jane.
    Getting rid of Mary Jane has been attempted on and off for over 50 years ( starting with Romita Senior), and it has failed. Why? She is far too popular with the majority of the fans. Of course, there is a vocal minority who prefer, Felicia, Original Gwen, Carlie, Mockingbird, no one, Michelle Jones or even Michelle Gonzalez to Mary Jane. Do I agree? Not in the least, but diversity of opinions is usually a good thing ( I say usually because there are trolls who just want to aggravate others by attacking someone or something instead of simply preferring someone or something else).

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    They don’t get rid of anybody minority or not. She will just pop up more
    They get rid of unpopular and ( or)characters they have no use for. When have you seen Anna Watson or Jill Stacy to name two examples?

They get rid of unpopular and ( or)characters they have no use for. When have you seen Anna Watson or Jill Stacy to name two examples?
    I don't think Anna Watson was unpopular (or really popular, granted, but still) although MJ's been so out of focus for so long that it might explain why her Aunt May equivalent hardly ever comes up. Although she wasn't even mentioned in the MJ solo book...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think Anna Watson was unpopular (or really popular, granted, but still) although MJ's been so out of focus for so long that it might explain why her Aunt May equivalent hardly ever comes up. Although she wasn't even mentioned in the MJ solo book...
    Anna falls into the “No use for” category. There are plenty of others who are unpopular. Michelle Gonzalez for example.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 11-29-2021 at 11:14 AM.