Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    I’m sure it’s doing well, but it hasn’t sold better than at least Jon and Jace since before August. So either all three of them are doing well or none of them are. Figure that out for yourselves, I’ll be reading Action Comics in the meantime.
    Well, Robin seem to sell bout 50k, which is more or less Nightwing numbers right now, and significantly sold more issues than Jon (34k) in September (based on comichorn)
    Maybe we almost never see Robin on the ICV2 list as the list is released only a few days after the release date of the 4th week of the month. By this time people have almost 3 weeks to buy Jace's book, but leas than a week to buy Robin.
    Anyway, right now Jon sales are very good. But would this trend remain in 3-4 months from now?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Excluding Bruce Banner & later Tony Stark-everyone else was around in some form. So they were not taken off the table.

While folks were giving Riri Williams fans hell on Earth-nobody had an issue with War Machine Punisher or Iron Man Doom. Wonder why. She never called herself Iron Man. Doom did.

The ones throwing fits were not buying the books to being with.

DC's roster is NOT going to public. Warner Brothers will see to that REAL quick when the time comes.
    You don't decide what going to be in the public domain.

Also former Marvel fans didn't switch to Manga, they left with their tribalism to quit or just read back issues.

I wish I could dictate what gets to be the in the public domain. It would be everything.

A lot of people do just switch to back issues though. Heck, it wasn't a deliberate choice for me to stop reading the current books, I was just more interested in Bronze Age Legion than I was in Rebirth, so I wound up reading all of that I could.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

I’m sure it’s doing well, but it hasn’t sold better than at least Jon and Jace since before August. So either all three of them are doing well or none of them are. Figure that out for yourselves, I’ll be reading Action Comics in the meantime.
    Damian sales for Sept [physical copies only] was 50k. That's more than Jace, Jon, Jackson and Yara. Heck that's 1k more than Nightwing. Which is a first though doubt it'll last

So yes he is doing better.

Nothing to figure out simply look at the sales for the month of Sept [which I bet you didn't] Robin sales figures where higher.

Robin also charted higher than Jon, Jace, yara, Jackson. Only Batman and Joker charted higher than Robin in Sept.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-22-2021 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    "Thorette", fam she was DOCTOR Thor, show some respect. Haha, All-New Marvel had some failures and some successes. Despite being a punching bag for chuds, I feel like most people really like Ms. Marvel for example.

Anyway, I think a lot of fans are unsure about these changes. I don't know about sales figures but in terms of public interest I definitely agree Jon was saved by coming out as bi. I know for me personally I have never liked Jon despite giving him a second chance several times. Maybe the bi thing will do it. I haven't been to ye old comic shoppe in a while. But... I'm not quite holding my breath either.

As for Kaldur'ahm, aren't they supposed to be making an ongoing with Arthur and him together? I would be interested in that.

As for Jace... well, I don't think I've seen anyone who's really abig fan of that character. But maybe that's just sample bias or something.

Superboy Prime is.

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Damian sales for Sept [physical copies only] was 50k. That's more than Jace, Jon, Jackson and Yara. Heck that's 1k more than Nightwing. Which is a first though doubt it'll last

So yes he is doing better.

Nothing to figure out simply look at the sales for the month of Sept [which I bet you didn't] Robin sales figures where higher.

Robin also charted higher than Jon, Jace, yara, Jackson. Only Batman and Joker charted higher than Robin in Sept.
    Robin wasn't even in icv2's Top 50 Best Selling Comics of September, but I Am Batman was. The writer of the Green Lantern ongoing already stated it was the most accurate. Robin was also 51 in Units moved and 58 in Dollars on Comichron's September sales, while I Am Batman was 32 in Units moved and 36 in Dollars. So... What are you talking about, dear Fergus?

Superboy Prime is.
    You don't speak for me. Nobody with an English accent does!
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 11-22-2021 at 11:19 AM.

Robin wasn't even in icv2's Top 50 Best Selling Comics of September, but I Am Batman was. The writer of the Green Lantern ongoing already stated it was the most accurate. Robin was also 51 in Units moved and 58 in Dollars on Comichron's September sales, while I Am Batman was 32 in Units moved and 36 in Dollars. So... What are you talking about, dear Fergus?

You don't speak for me. Nobody with an English accent does!

Great. SuperBoy Prime like's Jace Fox.

Irish. Hopefully you know enough history to never call an Irish man English

You are indeed correct. I am Batman # 1 with variants sold 63 K and Robin #6 sold 50K.

I might need glasses.
    Jace is selling better than all of them. He is doing better than Robin, SOK, Wonder Girl and even Night
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-22-2021 at 02:16 PM.

You are indeed correct. I am Batman # 1 with variants sold 63 K and Robin #6 sold 50K.

I might need glasses.
    Jace is selling better than all of them. He is doing better than Robin, SOK, Wonder Girl and even Night
    Right, but in my eyes sales don't really matter. There are a ton of DC books not in the Top 50 that aren't being canceled. This isn't a "[insert character] is more popular thing" I just think you're underestimating the interest in the new guys. At least by speculators.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 11-22-2021 at 02:48 PM.

Anyway, Robin has been a pleasant surprise. And Future State Red Hood has been interesting. The Jason Todd stuff has actually been pretty solid.
    I simply don't care about Jace, Yara should have premiered younger, and Jon... That is a whole other can of worms. New State as a whole I hate.

I will check Monkey Prince though.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I wish I could dictate what gets to be the in the public domain. It would be everything.

A lot of people do just switch to back issues though. Heck, it wasn't a deliberate choice for me to stop reading the current books, I was just more interested in Bronze Age Legion than I was in Rebirth, so I wound up reading all of that I could.
    Those are copers.

Incredible Member

I might need glasses.
    63k for issue #1 is really not very impressive (for a Batman book), and ICV2 already shows us that "I am Batman" is struggling to stay in the top 50 comics in October, by issue #2.

I think the sales and general lack of interest in Jace is part of the reason DC decided to move him away from Gotham (a move that quite clearly wasn't planned at the beginning).
    Jace isn't the main character in Gotham right now, and even though Bruce is leaving soon, the main characters in Gotham after his departure seem to be the batfamily.

Personally, I think Jace moving is better for everyone. Jace couldn't have been the sole crimefighter in Gotham, or even a key player there, as he's significantly less experienced than every single member of the batfamily. Now he has a chance to be the main character in a different city.

I assume DC hopes that this move to NY would help Jace gain some general interest.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    63k for issue #1 is really not very impressive (for a Batman book), and ICV2 already shows us that "I am Batman" is struggling to stay in the top 50 comics in October, by issue #2.

I think the sales and general lack of interest in Jace is part of the reason DC decided to move him away from Gotham (a move that quite clearly wasn't planned at the beginning).
    Jace isn't the main character in Gotham right now, and even though Bruce is leaving soon, the main characters in Gotham after his departure seem to be the batfamily.

Personally, I think Jace moving is better for everyone. Jace couldn't have been the sole crimefighter in Gotham, or even a key player there, as he's significantly less experienced than every single member of the batfamily. Now he has a chance to be the main character in a different city.

I assume DC hopes that this move to NY would help Jace gain some general interest.
    Well you have to look at what else is coming out at any given time.

In Jace's case a boost might happen considering Ridley's Black Panther comes out today. A book that was suppose to be putting out Black Panther 200 today not the first issue.