Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Future State-New DC

What do you think about the Big change that DC comics are going in? Its been a year that this is happing. Do you like the Big Change or do you think its going to slow?

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    What do you think about the Big change that DC comics are going in? Its been a year that this is happing. Do you like the Big Change or do you think its going to slow?
    What change?

Could you explain, please?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    What change?

Could you explain, please?
    This reply speak more than anything I could type...

Mighty Member

I meant the diffrent people taking the mantal like superman' son is taking over and i am batman is taking over bruse.like in Future state.The Butler dead and batman is going to leave gothom,This ia all from Death Metel

I like Jace but him being another Batman is underwhelming. Unfortunately he's the only Future State addition that worked as a character. Future State did a poor job introducing the next generation. People give Marvel **** over the Champions but I prefer them as a whole.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-21-2021 at 11:04 AM.

I'd say wait for Crisis.

Oh you meant Infinite Frontier, I’m sorry it took so long to figure that out.

Yes I do like it, because it does better then what All-new, all-different marvel and DCyou tried which is introducing a diverse new cast of characters but maintaining the characters we like and returning to form some
    Characters who really needed it.

For instance you can read Jon becoming the new Superman however it doesn’t mean that Clark is gone because you can read Action Comics. Same applies to Jace and Bruce, Diana and Yara, Jackson and Arthur, kind of Swamp Thing and etc. though some of those characters do share series. We are even getting new characters like Crush and Monkey Prince or characters we may not know a lot about such as Shilo Norman mister miracle or Nubia.

And characters we do like are getting a strong comeback like Nightwing, Wally West as the Flash, and the Batgirls book with both Stephanie Brown and Cassandra Cain. So yes I would say I’m personally enjoying the current era in DC.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I meant the diffrent people taking the mantal like superman' son is taking over and i am batman is taking over bruse.like in Future state.The Butler dead and batman is going to leave gothom,This ia all from Death Metel
    Bruce is definitely the main Batman of the DCU. He's indeed leaving Gotham (for a case), but most of the batfamily are staying in Gotham and are having an event in Detective comics (Nightwing, Huntress, Batwoman, Batgirls).
    Jace is actually leaving Gotham permanently for NY.

Jon is starting to become Earth's superman, and as long as his series would sell nicely, he'll likely stay this way for a while (but Superman also has a series of his own)

Overall it seems like DC are trying to push some members of the younger generation, but the results are far from great: Jon was literally saved from deteriorating sales by coming out as bi, Jackson as Aquaman debuted with awful sales (24k for issue 1 is extremely low), Wonder girl started with great sales but is losing readers by the issue, and last month Jace seemed to sell significantly less than Nightwing, and his series is only in issue #2.

So right now Damian seems like the most successful of all these legacy characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lal View Post
    Bruce is definitely the main Batman of the DCU. He's indeed leaving Gotham (for a case), but most of the batfamily are staying in Gotham and are having an event in Detective comics (Nightwing, Huntress, Batwoman, Batgirls).
    Jace is actually leaving Gotham permanently for NY.

Jon is starting to become Earth's superman, and as long as his series would sell nicely, he'll likely stay this way for a while (but Superman also has a series of his own)

Overall it seems like DC are trying to push some members of the younger generation, but the results are far from great: Jon was literally saved from deteriorating sales by coming out as bi, Jackson as Aquaman debuted with awful sales (24k for issue 1 is extremely low), Wonder girl started with great sales but is losing readers by the issue, and last month Jace seemed to sell significantly less than Nightwing, and his series is only in issue #2.

So right now Damian seems like the most successful of all these legacy characters.
    Damian isn't one of them. Also, Robin wasn't even in the Top 50 Best-Selling Comics of October. We shouldn't really be using sales if that's what you're going for.
    Last edited by Superboy-Prime; 11-21-2021 at 12:48 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superboy-Prime View Post
    Damian isn't one of them. Also, Robin wasn't even in the Top 50 Best-Selling Comics of October. We shouldn't really be using sales if that's what you're going for.
    If we take just DC sales (and they're looking mostly on theirs) Robin at this point is doing really good, especially comparing to the rest of their line, it's better than the rest of JL, lol. And this title didn't have any significant drop in sales since the spring, they're stable at around 50,000 copies, so this title shouldn't be underestimated. And that's not to mention digital sales, it's also pretty high on Comixology, when it comes out.
    Last edited by Morgoth; 11-21-2021 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    If we take just DC sales (and they're looking mostly on theirs) Robin at this point is doing really good, especially comparing to the rest of their line, it's better than the rest of JL, lol. And this title didn't have any significant drop in sales since the spring, they're stable at around 50,000 copies, so this title shouldn't be underestimated. And that's not to mention digital sales, it's also pretty high on Comixology, when it comes out.
    I’m sure it’s doing well, but it hasn’t sold better than at least Jon and Jace since before August. So either all three of them are doing well or none of them are. Figure that out for yourselves, I’ll be reading Action Comics in the meantime.

I'd say it'll work as well as the All-New, All-Different Marvel (I think that was it), from which they are apeing this. You, know, when they took the big guns off the board, and replaced them with Cap Falc, Thorette, Iron Heart and other "characters". They pissed off a lot of fans, lost a lot of money, had to bring back the originals, haven't recovered the fans they lost (most of which switched to Manga) nor gone back to the numbers they've once had, but insist on the push, now within the MCU. DC will probably do the same. I understand most of DC's most popular characters will go into public domain in the next decade, so they want to create characters that are them but aren't supposed to be them (if you get what I mean), who maybe they can get to use and control, but, honestly, I don't think they are going at it the right way, nor doing a very good job.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I'd say it'll work as well as the All-New, All-Different Marvel (I think that was it), from which they are apeing this. You, know, when they took the big guns off the board, and replaced them with Cap Falc, Thorette, Iron Heart and other "characters". They pissed off a lot of fans, lost a lot of money, had to bring back the originals, haven't recovered the fans they lost (most of which switched to Manga) nor gone back to the numbers they've once had, but insist on the push, now within the MCU. DC will probably do the same. I understand most of DC's most popular characters will go into public domain in the next decade, so they want to create characters that are them but aren't supposed to be them (if you get what I mean), who maybe they can get to use and control, but, honestly, I don't think they are going at it the right way, nor doing a very good job.

Peace
    DC are doing the opposite of what you're complaining about, though. All the "big guns" are on the board. Anyways, leaving again, that argument just didn't make any sense to meesa!

"Thorette", fam she was DOCTOR Thor, show some respect. Haha, All-New Marvel had some failures and some successes. Despite being a punching bag for chuds, I feel like most people really like Ms. Marvel for example.

Anyway, I think a lot of fans are unsure about these changes. I don't know about sales figures but in terms of public interest I definitely agree Jon was saved by coming out as bi. I know for me personally I have never liked Jon despite giving him a second chance several times. Maybe the bi thing will do it. I haven't been to ye old comic shoppe in a while. But... I'm not quite holding my breath either.

As for Kaldur'ahm, aren't they supposed to be making an ongoing with Arthur and him together? I would be interested in that.

As for Jace... well, I don't think I've seen anyone who's really abig fan of that character. But maybe that's just sample bias or something.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post

Peace
    Excluding Bruce Banner & later Tony Stark-everyone else was around in some form. So they were not taken off the table.

While folks were giving Riri Williams fans hell on Earth-nobody had an issue with War Machine Punisher or Iron Man Doom. Wonder why. She never called herself Iron Man. Doom did.

The ones throwing fits were not buying the books to being with.

DC's roster is NOT going to public. Warner Brothers will see to that REAL quick when the time comes.