Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default My theories about the Flash movie

Okay, this is going to be a lot and it combines a lot of theories that are already out there. First of all, I think WB is pissed that Marvel got the jump on the shared universe model. So that's the basis for my theory. One of the theories that has been circulating around is that the movie is a soft reboot. Another theory is that when it's all said and done, Superman will be an amalgamation of both the Reeve Superman and the Cavill Superman. I think that we will end up with a Superman with the history of the Reeve Superman and the body and suit of Cavill. We also know that Keaton will be returning as Batman. I think we'll get a universe where Keaton is the official Batman. With Affleck retiring, his Batman will somehow never existed. So WB will try to claim they have the first "shared" universe by retroactively making the Reeves Superman and Keaton Batman the "official" ones of their movie universe. With Gadot as Wonder Woman and Momoa as Aquaman. Sasha Calle will be either Superman's daughter, or a clone, or just a version from another universe. Sort of acting as a stand in just in case Cavill doesn't come back. So they can replace him if they need to. Last year, WB put up a billboard with the Reeve Superman, Keaton Batman, Gadot Wonder Woman, and Momoa Aquaman. Some fans speculated this was setting up a shared universe model where all these characters co-exist alongside each other. This may be me reading too much into this but the Reeve Superman is still the most popular model and Keaton seems eager to return to the role of Batman.

Am I crazy? What do you think the odds are of this happening?
    Assassinate Putin!

My theory is some will like it, some will hate it and Social Media will be divided for a few days

Ultimate Member

I don't see them erasing Batfleck

I've shared a similar theory a while back.

Either this is a universe where the events of WW, WW84, Aquaman and Shazam happened exactly as they did but the Superman and Batman are different so the Snyder directed movies like Superman/Batman, Man of Steel and JL (including the Whedon movie) never happened. Just pivoting to a new universe sounds fine to me.

Or.

The movie over writes the existing universe so the new canon movies are: the Reeves movies, Batman '89, Batman Returns, WW, WW84, Aquaman, Shazam, The Suicide Squad, Aquaman 2 and Black Adam are the new shared universe. Thus DC gets to 'decanon' all the Snyder movies while subsequently canonize their previously successful live action movies thus retroactively having their shared universe all along.

Also do we know anything about the villain of the Flash movie? Zoom sounds likely but we've heard almost nothing about him.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I've shared a similar theory a while back.

Either this is a universe where the events of WW, WW84, Aquaman and Shazam happened exactly as they did but the Superman and Batman are different so the Snyder directed movies like Superman/Batman, Man of Steel and JL (including the Whedon movie) never happened. Just pivoting to a new universe sounds fine to me.

Or.

The movie over writes the existing universe so the new canon movies are: the Reeves movies, Batman '89, Batman Returns, WW, WW84, Aquaman, Shazam, The Suicide Squad, Aquaman 2 and Black Adam are the new shared universe. Thus DC gets to 'decanon' all the Snyder movies while subsequently canonize their previously successful live action movies thus retroactively having their shared universe all along.

Also do we know anything about the villain of the Flash movie? Zoom sounds likely but we've heard almost nothing about him.
    I've heard that the villain is just an evil version of Barry.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I am not excited in any way, shape or form about the Flash movie.
    And it physically hurts me to type that...
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

My theory is the villain is Zoom, and they're going with the Post-Crisis origin of the character: fan of Barry, got a facelift to look like him. Barry thinks he pulled an alternate version of himself from another timeline/universe, but naw, its Thawne.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    My theory is the villain is Zoom, and they're going with the Post-Crisis origin of the character: fan of Barry, got a facelift to look like him. Barry thinks he pulled an alternate version of himself from another timeline/universe, but naw, its Thawne.
    Well it is professor zoom to you zoom is hunter zolomon Wally west’s reverse flash

I'd be interested if Supergirl was Cir-el from the 90s. I wouldn't be surprised if Battfleck gets retconned out.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'd be interested if Supergirl was Cir-el from the 90s. I wouldn't be surprised if Battfleck gets retconned out.
    That’s the only way I’d be interested in this weird Flashpoint Supergirl.