Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 23 of 23
  1. #16
    Incredible Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    513

    Default

    Power Girl has had bad appearances over the years.
    That is what raises the fears of what we will see.

    But she has always had a dry wit.
    You could see, if done well, that this could work.
    Last edited by RobinGA; 11-22-2021 at 01:02 PM.

  2. #17
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    I've got #1 pre-ordered.
    It sounds like something that might be fun, and I like the characters here!
    Tornado, PG, Folded Man, Heckler, Firehawk. Yeah, I'm down for this one.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  3. #18
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    3,013

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    I've got #1 pre-ordered.
    It sounds like something that might be fun, and I like the characters here!
    Tornado, PG, Folded Man, Heckler, Firehawk. Yeah, I'm down for this one.
    Since I've been rather preoccupied for a while, can anyone remind me the date all this comes out? And no, I didn't mean it THAT way, but rather simply is released.

  4. #19
    StRaNgE Member! Eskana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    82

    Default

    This looks so odd and wacky, I am kinda interested in it. I like oddball, not-well-known characters, and I also feel like RT and PG have been pushed into the shadows in recent years, so it's nice to see them back.
    I'll read at least the first issue.

    My main question is why is DC doing TWO heroes-for-hire scenarios in miniseries this year... since Blue and Gold Restoration just started with practically the same business idea.
    ...maybe PG and BG have been engaging in a little corporate espionage....

  5. #20
    Incredible Member Menacer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eskana View Post
    This looks so odd and wacky, I am kinda interested in it. I like oddball, not-well-known characters, and I also feel like RT and PG have been pushed into the shadows in recent years, so it's nice to see them back.
    I'll read at least the first issue.

    My main question is why is DC doing TWO heroes-for-hire scenarios in miniseries this year... since Blue and Gold Restoration just started with practically the same business idea.
    ...maybe PG and BG have been engaging in a little corporate espionage....
    Blue & Gold is on issue 4 of 8...

    It would be on its way out in December when Squadron starts...

  6. #21

    Default

    so what is the level of "humor" in this book supposed to be?

    Based on the descriptions, I can (fairly or unfairly) see a throwaway gag sequence where the team gets hired for a kids' birthday party, and let's say Power Girl is among the heroes who shows up, but then the kid's mom has a conniption regarding Kara's "wardrobe" while the kid's dad has a sheepish grin on his face..

    fun times!

  7. #22
    Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Your mum's place
    Posts
    2,627

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what is the level of "humor" in this book supposed to be?

    Based on the descriptions, I can (fairly or unfairly) see a throwaway gag sequence where the team gets hired for a kids' birthday party, and let's say Power Girl is among the heroes who shows up, but then the kid's mom has a conniption regarding Kara's "wardrobe" while the kid's dad has a sheepish grin on his face..

    fun times!
    See?
    It writes itself!
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

  8. #23
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    7,114

    Default

    I love Power Girl and I dug more of Russell's work than I haven't, so I pre-ordered this book. Hoping for the best. I'm glad to have Power Girl somewhere in my pull list again.
    May we never forget:

    Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •