Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    I am not a fan of how Bendis writes Logan.
    So did you read it or not?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    So did you read it or not?
    They were able to discreet Logan's past from Ultimate Universe. I think that was the only part that I liked from Ultimate Wolverine. Everything else from Ultimate Universe Wolverine is just bad from my POV. Especially from Bendis and Millar.

They were able to discreet Logan's past from Ultimate Universe. I think that was the only part that I liked from Ultimate Wolverine. Everything else from Ultimate Universe Wolverine is just bad from my POV. Especially from Bendis and Millar.
    So you did read it. I gotta say I couldn’t disagree more. Millar and Bendis did great with the X-Men and Logan in particular was a standout character.

I agree. Loved how much of a bastard Ultimate Logan was. That was fun IMO. A radical departure from his “everyone’s favorite uncle” persona in the 616 at the time.

It also made sense that Ultimate Cable was actually a future version of Logan for this reason. He’s also a bastard, in the 616 and Ultimate U. Plus Liefeld admits that he was trying to create another Wolverine archetype when he first created Cable. So it was a nice throwback to that. At least IMO.

James Howlett (Earth-12025) and Hercules - most romantic couple at Marvel
    https://www.cbr.com/wolverine-hercul...el-multiverse/
    https://www.advocate.com/arts-entert...-kiss-latest-x
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

BANNED

So you did read it. I gotta say I couldn’t disagree more. Millar and Bendis did great with the X-Men and Logan in particular was a standout character.
    If only they could have avoided some of the **** that he has done or witnessed over the years during that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post

It also made sense that Ultimate Cable was actually a future version of Logan for this reason. He’s also a bastard, in the 616 and Ultimate U. Plus Liefeld admits that he was trying to create another Wolverine archetype when he first created Cable. So it was a nice throwback to that. At least IMO.
    I never read the Ultimate line, but that whole thing seemed really cool.

If only they could have avoided some of the **** that he has done or witnessed over the years during that year.
    I don’t understand what you mean?

Did you read it? Most of the Bendis stuff in the Ultimate Universe was good.
    I thought all of Ultimate X-Men was garbage. Definitely the worse version of every X-Men to ever exist on paper. Not a single likable soul among them. Honestly, only Ultimate Spider-Man was the only decent good thing about the Ultimate line.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    I thought all of Ultimate X-Men was garbage. Definitely the worse version of every X-Men to ever exist on paper. Not a single likable soul among them. Honestly, only Ultimate Spider-Man was the only decent good thing about the Ultimate line.
    I could understand this criticism about the Ultimates but the X-Men is a head scratcher. Outside of Logan, he was a bastard and I loved every second of it.

I can see how some folks didn’t like his characterization in the Ultimate U, as he was always portrayed as having more of a moral compass in the 616 prior to that. His samurai code of honor and all that.

Personally I liked the changes to Ultimate Wolverine as it felt more in line with someone who would’ve been in his line of work prior to Weapon X wiping his mind. I mean, the guy signed up for and fought in every major war in the twentieth century. Then he did wetwork for the CIA. A nice guy he was not.

BANNED

I donÂ’t understand what you mean?
    A lot of actions that he has done over the years were downright terrible. Like killing some dumb nut mutant kid because he is too dangerous. Or leaving Cyclops for dead is tad bit OOC for pre-Bendis Wolverine. This is why I love Remender. He has that understanding over the character, especially when Logan killed his own son because he is willing to sacrifice him to save Evan. He knows he is just a kid. I loath Bendis and Way for over the course of 10 years.
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-26-2021 at 12:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I can see how some folks didn’t like his characterization in the Ultimate U, as he was always portrayed as having more of a moral compass in the 616 prior to that. His samurai code of honor and all that.

Personally I liked the changes to Ultimate Wolverine as it felt more in line with someone who would’ve been in his line of work prior to Weapon X wiping his mind. I mean, the guy signed up for and fought in every major war in the twentieth century. Then he did wetwork for the CIA. A nice guy he was not.
    Pretty sure Punisher is well experienced like Logan since World War. He doesn't kill kids.

And yet he stabbed Rachel Summers in the chest in the 80s under Claremont’s pen, ironically to keep her from killing someone else. Wolverine’s moral compass has always been a screwy thing honestly. And his rules about who he will kill and when to kill are kind of arbitrary. But as a fan I suppose you can pick and choose what you want and try to discard the rest.

Personally I’m fine knowing Logan wasn’t always a good guy and still struggles with that today. He was manipulated and screwed up by Weapon X, sure. But he wasn’t a saint prior to that if we’re being honest. So him being a little dark at times makes sense to me, though he tries to be better and not give into that side of himself unless he has to. I can roll with that as a Wolverine fan myself.

BANNED

Um that's 20 years since Bendis did his bit of regression over the character. A lot of character development happened in that tenure and not one writer cared enough to do that until Bendis arrive. It was regression. I don't really care enough about Ultimates but if it's 616 then it's definitely a concern. Plus I don't think AoA Weapon X was like that as such under Larry Hama either