Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Well, I can rationalize it as I think Logan did. The kid’s powers killed his entire family and town. Basically everyone he ever knew and loved. How many times have we seen Wolverine put down a poor animal that’s wounded and suffering, and as such is a danger to everyone it may encounter? This kid in that comic was a lot like that. What else was Logan going to do? Put him in a bubble for the rest of his life? What kind of existence is that? And if it ever got out that a mutant wiped out that town… woof.

Just saying, I can understand it and also how Logan rationalized it. Also, if I recall, he did it at Xavier’s behest. Because he was the only one who could. Having said that, the 616 version has always shown more of a soft spot for kids than the Ultimate version… save for the time he stabbed Rachel as mentioned, or threatened to kill Hope.

Honestly, though, it feels a tad naive to think Logan is this really heroic guy at his core after some of the stuff he’s done in war or when working for the government as a special forces operative. At least IMO. But I’ve always been drawn to the character because of his darkness, not his light. Maybe that’s the difference. Not sure what that says about me either as a person.

Oh well. To each his own. I’ve said my piece on this and will just agree to disagee. No biggie.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-26-2021 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I could understand this criticism about the Ultimates but the X-Men is a head scratcher. Outside of Logan, he was a bastard and I loved every second of it.
    Wolverine my favorite Marvel character, but if my first exposure to him was from his Ultimate self, he'd probably be my most hated character lol. Cyclops was a insecure chump who stayed up late nights watching skinemax(this was actually referenced in a issue), Jean was toying with both Wolverine's and Cyclops' affection towards her for her own enjoyment, Beast getting catfished by Blob of all people, Storm dumping Beast and almost immediately is attracted to Wolverine, the same Wolverine she learned left Cyclops for dead. I just wasn't feeling these characterizations at all. I guess you can chalk it up to them being dumb teens, but I hate teens... except the TMNT

Forgot about Beast getting catfished by Blob. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    A lot of actions that he has done over the years were downright terrible. Like killing some dumb nut mutant kid because he is too dangerous. Or leaving Cyclops for dead is tad bit OOC for pre-Bendis Wolverine. This is why I love Remender. He has that understanding over the character, especially when Logan killed his own son because he is willing to sacrifice him to save Evan. He knows he is just a kid. I loath Bendis and Way for over the course of 10 years.
    Can it be OOC if it happens in a rebooted alt universe? That’s pretty standard fare for Ultimate Logan. Logan killed that kid that was a walking death trap for organic life to save the entire mutant race, not much different from 616 Logan killing Daken to save Evan.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Wolverine my favorite Marvel character, but if my first exposure to him was from his Ultimate self, he'd probably be my most hated character lol. Cyclops was a insecure chump who stayed up late nights watching skinemax(this was actually referenced in a issue), Jean was toying with both Wolverine's and Cyclops' affection towards her for her own enjoyment, Beast getting catfished by Blob of all people, Storm dumping Beast and almost immediately is attracted to Wolverine, the same Wolverine she learned left Cyclops for dead. I just wasn't feeling these characterizations at all. I guess you can chalk it up to them being dumb teens, but I hate teens... except the TMNT
    While not my first experience with Logan, the Ultimate version is what got me into comics as a young adult, that and the movie X2. I always enjoyed that the UU versions of characters felt more like real people. If I want an unwavering moral compass I’ll read Superman (which I do and enjoy) but if I want a superhero story that featured realistic personalities than the early UU was my jam.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Incredible Member

At any rate, here's a chart I made. I just need help putting the bottom 14 in their place.

R - Pictures (5).jpg