Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Wolverine's Romantic History

Look, we all know the guy gets around, right?

I just found an old google doc I made on the subject. Unfortunately, I can't remember a lot of the specifics, but I basically deduced that Wolverine has had 60 love interests and/or sexual liaisons in 616. I can divide them as follows...

Flashbacks/Retcons/Pre-X-Men-Days
    Rose O'Hara
    Clara Creed
    Silver Fox
    Raven Darkholme / Mystique
    Seraph
    Atsuko
    Itsu
    The Native
    Charlemagne
    Janet
    Lin Sun
    Pinch
    Remus
    Rose Wu
    Heather McNeil
    Carol Danvers

Undefined Time Period
    Snowbird
    Squirrel Girl

Defined Time Period
    1975. Jean Grey -- Giant Size X-Men #1 onward
    1987. (Storm first teased) -- (unknown comic)
    1990. Gakh -- Wolverine: The Jungle Adventure
    1991. "Redhead” --Rahne of Terra
    1999. Random woman -- Wolverine/Cable: Guts and Glory
    2001. Pink Lady -- Wolverine/Doop #1
    2004. Storm -- Uncanny X-Men #450-455
    2005. Elektra -- Wolverine #20-25
    2005. Rogue -- X-Men v2 #169
    2010. Black Cat -- Wolverine & Black Cat: Claws (though I also have written down here 2006 for some reason)
    2010. Melita Garner -- Wolverine: Weapon X #9 - Wolverine v2 #304
    2011. Storm (third time?) - Wolverine and the X-Men#1
    2012. Dazzler -- Wolverine: The Best There Is #12

Needs More Research to Nail Down a Time Period
    Abilene
    Ai-Chai Wong
    Amber Deblasio
    Alika
    Annabel
    Amir
    Atsuko
    Black Widow
    Catharina
    Dolores Downing
    Domino
    Echo
    Eva
    Katrina McCann
    Kay Cera
    Kayla
    Lynx
    Mary McKenna
    Mai
    Psylocke
    Seraph
    Tyger Tiger
    Typhoid Mary
    Spider-Woman
    Viper
    Yukio
    “Flex’s Mother”

Anyone wanna help me nail any of these down? When the heck did have a thing with Black Widow?
    Last edited by Slimybug; 11-21-2021 at 11:35 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Source for Carol Danvers? I think it was hinted at but never made remotely clear.

The Black Cat one is not canon IIRC, aside from the OOC interactions and not being able to fit in continuity it's never been referenced again in their team-ups as well.It seems to be set in it's own pocket universe and not canon akin to some of the Marvel Knights series.

Black Widow sees him as an Uncle so I don't think that was ever a thing

The domino one had the whole X-force mini where they slept together multiple times + Morisson run had them say they will

Typhoid Mary had a TPB called "Typhoid's Kiss" IIRC

Also damn the number is extremely high, not just other Supes but civilians as well.I guess that adds up w/ why even w/ all his solo stuff he's never had much of a developed supporting cast since every time they assign a romantic partner to him.

Btw very impressive job!
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-21-2021 at 08:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Squirrel Girl and Rogue?

Also, where these all romantic/sexual or are some crushes or flirty but friendly kisses?

Wolverine actually slept with the real Elektra and not Pagon. She thought it wasn't her that brought down the SHIELD Helicarrier but Dark Reign: Elektra #5 revealed she had used mind blocks to forget the incident, but it was really her.

There’s too much of it and much of it quite forced honestly. And cliched. I’d say a lot of Logan’s romantic entanglements over the years have not aged well, but that’s a personal opinion of course. Some, however, have been well-written and do make sense from an organic standpoint, in terms of attraction or feelings developing. While I know a lot of Jott fans will disagree, I have always felt that he and Jean’s relationship and attraction makes sense for so many reasons… especially from the point where she bonded with the Phoenix force and touched the infinite, so to speak, onward. But that’s a whole nother conversation. I also liked his relationship with Storm, in a friends-with-benefits kind of way, that grew out of deep friendship and probably also shared loss (both were very close with Jean, for example, who had died). In the end, though, they realized they’re better as friends which also makes sense to me. With regards to Rogue and Psylocke? Those felt more like just friendships to me. Without benefits honestly.

Other relationships I’ve enjoyed have been Yukio, Tyger Tiger, Melita Garner, Carol Danvers and Alison Blair aka Dazzler. That last one is the one I think I’d ship if the relationship with Jean ever goes back over the side again. For some reason I actually see potential there with Logan and Ali. Both are fun adventurous characters who I think would play well off of one another.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Sexual morals of a tom cat, bless ‘im.

5AA12E10-2796-4E46-9E32-DA63F2F9452B.jpg

BANNED

Welp compared to many appearances he had within solo or not. Most popular characters like Spider-Man and Daredevil, Batman had sexual partners all over the place. Daredevil had as many for as much as Logan over the last couple of decades to be honest(been reading too many of his books recently so that might obscure my reasoning).Some of them are just too sexist.
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-21-2021 at 10:21 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by scouse mouse View Post
    Wolverine actually slept with the real Elektra and not Pagon. She thought it wasn't her that brought down the SHIELD Helicarrier but Dark Reign: Elektra #5 revealed she had used mind blocks to forget the incident, but it was really her.
    They had a child too from alternate reality. I think they had good relationship during Larry Hama's run

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Sexual morals of a tom cat, bless ‘im.

5AA12E10-2796-4E46-9E32-DA63F2F9452B.jpg
    Gasp not this again. I don't know what you get from this if you don't like Logan

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Squirrel Girl and Rogue?

Also, where these all romantic/sexual or are some crushes or flirty but friendly kisses?
    Bendis made him a pedophile with Squirrel Girl(a lot of how Bendis wrote Logan is abominable). it was later explained that they had different incident during a cab ride. Rogue and Logan kissed each other during Peter Milligans X-Men due to some alien I don't recall.
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-21-2021 at 12:56 PM.

BANNED

It’s terrible writing.

Like awful.

He’s the type of character who should only have a handful of really intense relationships.

Jean, Mariko, Charlemagne.

Rogue was just some weird thing in Milligan's run that doesn't really matter.

Most of Logan's relationships (that made sense) are with women that are kind of crazy and are thrill seekers (Yukio, Cassie Latrop), got the chance to see his softer side (Mariko and probably every japanese woman that he married or tried to marry, they love tsunderes after all ), or have some commonality that draws then together (Elektra and i guest Jean, but i'm not fond of that one so eh).
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Also Rose doesn't count, Logan loved her but they never got together, she loved another guy and Logan accepted it.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

BANNED

Where it was mentioned that Logan slept with Elektra during Enemy of the State?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    Rogue was just some weird thing in Milligan's run that doesn't really matter.

Most of Logan's relationships (that made sense) are with women that are kind of crazy and are thrill seekers (Yukio, Cassie Latrop), got the chance to see his softer side (Mariko and probably every japanese woman that he married or tried to marry, they love tsunderes after all ), or have some commonality that draws then together (Elektra and i guest Jean, but i'm not fond of that one so eh).
    Most of the relationships for popular characters don't make sense anyway.