Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Superior Spider-clone SpideyClone's Avatar

Default Queen Goblin/Osborns

While I'm curious about the Queen Goblin and how she'll come to be, I am hoping that Norman, Liz and Normie show up. I feel like Harry's death should have been more explored. Did Peter know he was a clone? Do Liz and Normie now know? Has Norman finally paid the price for a lifetime of sins? I would have done a one-shot issue to cover this before Beyond started, and could have laid the seeds for Queen Goblin then. It would be weird for this new Goblin to appear without Norman's involvement, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Extraordinary Member

As people have said it's because the Beyond team had no idea how Spencer's run would end hence they couldn't explore it in any detail.

I do want to see Peter stepping and being there for Liz and Normie since he is Normie's godfather.

And I don't mind Norman not being there for it tbh

I think whatever drama that could be done with Liz and Norman will only happen after Beyond, since this is basically a filler arc so we get to ASM#900 faster lol.

Extraordinary Member

I think they need to keep the Osborns away from the Green Goblin mantle for a good, long time. Barton Hamilton (Harry's old shrink who was GG for a while) was cloned by the New U process...bring him in and have him be the GG for a while.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    I think they need to keep the Osborns away from the Green Goblin mantle for a good, long time. Barton Hamilton (Harry's old shrink who was GG for a while) was cloned by the New U process...bring him in and have him be the GG for a while.
    well has he been used?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    well has he been used?
    Not since that storyline that he was cloned.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    As people have said it's because the Beyond team had no idea how Spencer's run would end hence they couldn't explore it in any detail.

I do want to see Peter stepping and being there for Liz and Normie since he is Normie's godfather.

And I don't mind Norman not being there for it tbh
    They knew enough to mention Harry's death in the first Beyond issue.

As for Norman, I hope he does appear before long, he was as affected by Kindred as Peter was, if not moreso.

Bart Hamilton would be interesting if they can keep it unique, otherwise he becomes another Karla Sofen/Moonstone/Meteorite.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpideyClone View Post
    Bart Hamilton would be interesting if they can keep it unique, otherwise he becomes another Karla Sofen/Moonstone/Meteorite.
    I have said before about him...make his GG more psychological (he is a psychiatrist) than a flat out psychopath.

That first Beyond issue shows how much they didn't know, 'cause Peter says that he's gonna talk with Randy about Harry being dead and that Peter has to pretend everything is fine, when the more logical thing is that Peter should be thinking he has to talk about Boomerang's death, who was his' and Randy's roommate, his death would be far more impactful for both.

Extraordinary Member

I think they just left some space in their issue to address whatever happens best as they can.It was very generic and they could fit any outcome into that setting

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    That first Beyond issue shows how much they didn't know, 'cause Peter says that he's gonna talk with Randy about Harry being dead and that Peter has to pretend everything is fine, when the more logical thing is that Peter should be thinking he has to talk about Boomerang's death, who was his' and Randy's roommate, his death would be far more impactful for both.
    Pretty much all this

Mighty Member

I have said before about him...make his GG more psychological (he is a psychiatrist) than a flat out psychopath.
    Then died again for a couple issues later

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Then died again for a couple issues later
    Because they have never had someone come back from the dead...EVER!!!!

Mighty Member

Because they have never had someone come back from the dead...EVER!!!!
    Nah he doesn’t have goblin formula like the others so that is why he bird so easily

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I feel like Harry's death should have been more explored. Did Peter know he was a clone? Do Liz and Normie now know? Has Norman finally paid the price for a lifetime of sins? I would have done a one-shot issue to cover this before Beyond started
    This 100%.

Deal with Harry and Boomerang's deaths properly before moving onto the next thing. We all get that Beyond is just a filler arc, probably because Spencer was penciled in for a much longer run, but a decent editor's first thought on losing a writer should be providing a cohesive transition between stories. Giving lip-service to Harry's death before knocking Peter off the board is really weak.

Basic storytelling has the characters react to the things happening to them. The bigger the thing the more they react. Kindred's entire onslaught and the deaths of key characters should be explored instead of swept under the rug.

And I don't even really care about in-universe continuity the way some fans do. I just want to pick up two consecutive issues of Amazing Spider-man and feel like one informs the next.

It's one of the biggest problems with writers wanting (and being allowed) to end on the huge story arc rather than after a few issues dealing with the fallout.

While I'm curious about the Queen Goblin and how she'll come to be, I am hoping that Norman, Liz and Normie show up. (the one-shot) could have laid the seeds for Queen Goblin then. It would be weird for this new Goblin to appear without Norman's involvement, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
    I'm really not sure tying Queen Goblin into the Osborns is such a great idea. What makes her different to Menace, and does anyone even remember her fondly?

Hobgoblin was able to flourish because there hadn't been a Goblin in so long and while his ties to the Osborn legacy was acknowledged, he was otherwise his own thing. He also had the mystery of his identity to hook readers.

...Oh god, I just realised it's going to be Norman's Goblin "soul" from Kindred possessing her, isn't it?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!