Default Kid Goten vs Steven Universe

Kid Goten

vs

Steven Universe

Standard Arena, standard rules.

How does this end up?
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Spectacularly Neurotic Sharkerbob's Avatar

Admittedly don't know SU's feats too well past a few early episodes, but Goten can go Super 1 pretty early. It might be a weaker level of super compared to the adults, but he's probably still a planet/moon buster going all out, not to mention a speedblitzer. I don't recall SU characters having much in the way of outright super speed, or taking those kind of hits.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkerbob View Post
    Admittedly don't know SU's feats too well past a few early episodes, but Goten can go Super 1 pretty early. It might be a weaker level of super compared to the adults, but he's probably still a planet/moon buster going all out, not to mention a speedblitzer. I don't recall SU characters having much in the way of outright super speed, or taking those kind of hits.
    If we're taking Steven from the final season, then he's got pretty commendable super strength and speed, energy constructs and he can probably turn into a kaiju.

SUF - Steven vs Jasper round 1

SUF - Steven vs Jasper round 2

Smoky Quartz (a fusion containing Steven, taps into his abilities and demonstrates super speed

However, even with his not amazing backlog of feats, Goten should be wildly beyond these parameters so I imagine he takes this pretty easily.

In the special he and Trunks, not even in Super Saiyan form are capable of throwing down with a couple of allegedly Frieza class enemies as seen here so I'd imagine Steven is well out of his depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    If we're taking Steven from the final season, then he's got pretty commendable super strength and speed, energy constructs and he can probably turn into a kaiju.

SUF - Steven vs Jasper round 1

SUF - Steven vs Jasper round 2

Smoky Quartz (a fusion containing Steven, taps into his abilities and demonstrates super speed

However, even with his not amazing backlog of feats, Goten should be wildly beyond these parameters so I imagine he takes this pretty easily.

In the special he and Trunks, not even in Super Saiyan form are capable of throwing down with a couple of allegedly Frieza class enemies as seen here so I'd imagine Steven is well out of his depth.
    Yeah, was about to say I know nothing of Steven Universe beyond commercials for it. Whereas Goten and go toe-to-toe with Frieza level characters (easy planet busters). And that's before he's 10 years old.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Steven is a tricky character for rumbles for two reasons.

1) He has poor control of his powers and they depend on his emotions.
    2) He is extremely conflict adverse and prefers non-violent solutions to an extreme degree. (PTSD aside.)

So he can't necessarily tap into his super speed at will. And I'm not really sure how his emotional control would interact with Rumbles bloodlust. I think the Kaiju might be his default form in such a state, but the mindset is anathema to him and he might just go comatose.

And he has no business fighting a DBZ character no matter how well he utilizes his powers. You wouldn't know it just looking it that one posted Z fight by itself though-- man, that does NOT look like a fight between Frieza level characters.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Strictly speaking his kaiju episode was due to his deep seated sense of self loathing at the time rather than due to any feelings of a combatative origin.

In that moment, due to his /extensive/ trauma and PTSD, he felt he was a monster so his body changed to become one. Rumbles bloodlust shouldn't have the same effect.

I would imagine bloodlusted Steven as closer to him in round 2 with Jasper that I posted above. He used his speed there and strength and constructs and all that.