Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I'd like to see Illyana acting less like a SHIMBO/goth-jock and return to her naturally unsettling dark humor vibe. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily MIND the "I'm a brawler type now and I do crunches" but I always gravitated toward the eeriness of Illyana. Le sigh. We'll see what the upcoming Maddie arc will bring.

I really would have loved even just a passing acknowledgement between Doug and Kate when Kate took a seat at the Council. Even just a wave from Doug, atop Karkoa's leafy perch, and Kate enthusiastically waving back.

Allowing the subtextually queer characters be TEXTUALLY queer would be terrific. Namely: Rachel

(also resurrect X-Factor now now now)

Use the fact that mutants are together in one place.
    Before we all could make excuses. Well that character is off in title A or title B. That character is dead. That character is possessed and so on.

Now they have brought everyone together and instead of these small interactions they just skip them.

For me this is like eating something that looks mouth watering just to realize that they have forgotten to season it.
    Last edited by Malachi; 11-23-2021 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'd like to see Illyana acting less like a SHIMBO/goth-jock and return to her naturally unsettling dark humor vibe. Don't get me wrong, I don't necessarily MIND the "I'm a brawler type now and I do crunches" but I always gravitated toward the eeriness of Illyana. Le sigh. We'll see what the upcoming Maddie arc will bring.

I really would have loved even just a passing acknowledgement between Doug and Kate when Kate took a seat at the Council. Even just a wave from Doug, atop Karkoa's leafy perch, and Kate enthusiastically waving back.

Allowing the subtextually queer characters be TEXTUALLY queer would be terrific. Namely: Rachel

(also resurrect X-Factor now now now)
    THIS THIS THIS. I literally do not know what the hold up is. I’m still mad Kate’s queerness hasn’t been mentioned since that kiss, cause as of now writers can really ignore it as a “Katy Perry I kissed a girl and I liked it” moment.

Give Dazzler her own team again. Even if it is background or off panel. As long as we get an update every once in a panel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    THIS THIS THIS. I literally do not know what the hold up is. I’m still mad Kate’s queerness hasn’t been mentioned since that kiss, cause as of now writers can really ignore it as a “Katy Perry I kissed a girl and I liked it” moment.
    I mean, this next one is A BIG ASK because "corporate independent property yadda yadda" but I would loooooove just to see a panel of someone knock on one of the Summer's House doors and have Jean, Scott and Logan on the other side. Fully dressed. Ideally Half dressed. Some in bed. Some out of bed. Anything really. Just in the same bed room, further cementing their throupling.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Give Dazzler her own team again. Even if it is background or off panel. As long as we get an update every once in a panel.
    Seconded. Put Dazz on a team. Have always liked her ever since the old six-player side scrolling arcade game, which was my first exposure to her. I say put her on Ewing’s rumored X-men team with Storm and Cable.

Also, another thing that would help for me as a Cable fan, is if Marvel would stop telling us how dangerous he is and saying things like “he’s the world’s greatest soldier” and just show us. Would love to see the OG adult Nathan doing badass **** again please. Maybe next issue, since he’s shown on the cover using his sword fighting the Lethal Legion… fingers crossed.

Extraordinary Member

Here's an idea. Stop having back to back to back to back events one right after the other, sometimes overlapping. There was no need to have Onslaught, Trial of Magneto, and Inferno going on at the same time and there's no need for a massive Wolverine event to immediately follow Inferno. All of these stories are hurt by this and made to feel even more meaningless than they already are. Heck, Inferno would be so much better if it was playing out in a regular book instead of an event called 'Inferno,' since the council politics are legitimately interesting but the massive focus on them doesn't jive with an event called 'Inferno.'

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    Because this whole thread is about tiny changes that would improve the books for us? I don't think the thread title said that they had to be deep or important changes. I agree that it's a small thing compared to skin color, but I've also admitted that it's a petty, minor thing that bothers me personally. You are free to disagree.
    I am not saying that hair color shouldnt bother you. What I am saying is mentioning the hair but not the skin color ALSO is what is irksome to me. Like you think the hair color is more important the n the skin color. Thats where I am just like huh what the? to me. When one can be changed easily in story with hair dye and we know others like Lorna use hair dye. Or did at one point, who knows the resurrection 5 might have permantly changed hair to green. But the only thing that explains skin color mistakes is "Veiled racism" even if unintentional at times. So yeah I understand you being upset by hair color, but it seems hair color is more important then skin color. To each there own but to me what I read when I see someone talking about the hair color issues and not mentioning the skin color issue is that while a person might not be racist in real life they allow acceptance of racism and tolerance of it. Thats why I am irked, its because it comes across as yeah i care about hair but not skin at all, they can color the skin however they want so long as hair is right. Maybe thats not how you intended it, but thats how I see it. can you at least understand why I am seeing things this way, even if you dont agree?

Amazing Member

Morph from the '90s cartoon becoming a character in the comics. main, recurring, or even a sporadically appearing character, it doesn't really matter. Make him a comics 616-canon character.
    blah blah blah, Changeling, i don't care. i want '90s cartoon Morph to exist in the books.

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    One really tiny change - fix Empath's hair color in Hellions. Some issues it's straight-up blond. Empath was never blond. He's always had light to medium brown hair. It's such a little thing, but it drives me nuts. There's no reason for blond Empath.
    Yes, and while they're at it, keep Fabian's hair color consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Known and established mutants should be background characters instead of random green person we will never see again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    - Using panel backgrounds to tell us what is it like to live in Krakoa. For example, if they need to get new clothing, do they go to some kind of store? Do they have stores? What are mutants doing other than fighting treats? Do they just hang around aimlessly? And the thing is this would not be the center of the panels, just something happening, just like when they're drinking in Blob's bar.
    - Drawing characters according to their ages. Sometimes you see a New X-men beside an adult, like Hellion besides Cyclops or the Cuckoos besides Emma, and you can't really tell that there's at least a 10 years gap between them depending on the artist.
    - Consistent use of wounds. We see characters that cannot heal fighting and all of a sudden that huge hit he took on his face did... nothing. Also, the lack of scars.
    New clothes? Let's get them out of their uniforms! Pyro was even shown sleeping with his flamethrower.

S.W.O.R.D. just confirmed that Wiz Kid is coming up on his 18th birthday. Let's use this as a baseline to help determine the ages of younger characters.
    My flag is bacon.

Having them actually get released would be a new start. We are worried about climate change and instead of adapting to the things that can be done digitally and printed via the customer with a partnership with comic shops etc sort of like a quality print pull list they would rather cut down the forests and double down for less than 5000 people.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    I am not saying that hair color shouldnt bother you. What I am saying is mentioning the hair but not the skin color ALSO is what is irksome to me. Like you think the hair color is more important the n the skin color. Thats where I am just like huh what the? to me. When one can be changed easily in story with hair dye and we know others like Lorna use hair dye. Or did at one point, who knows the resurrection 5 might have permantly changed hair to green. But the only thing that explains skin color mistakes is "Veiled racism" even if unintentional at times. So yeah I understand you being upset by hair color, but it seems hair color is more important then skin color. To each there own but to me what I read when I see someone talking about the hair color issues and not mentioning the skin color issue is that while a person might not be racist in real life they allow acceptance of racism and tolerance of it. Thats why I am irked, its because it comes across as yeah i care about hair but not skin at all, they can color the skin however they want so long as hair is right. Maybe thats not how you intended it, but thats how I see it. can you at least understand why I am seeing things this way, even if you dont agree?
    ]

I do understand what you are saying. But I was mentioning literally one character's hair being off model, in a thread about "tiny changes" so it feels like a stretch to jump to, "I don't care about skin color mistakes." Especially since I DID mention skin color in another one of my posts. I said that I'd like to see them fix white-washing issues in characters like Jetstream, whose skin has gotten noticeably lighter since his first appearance. I also said, in the post you just replied to, that I agree that skin color mistakes are more important. At any rate, I'm done with this conversation. I appreciate your point of view, but this feels like an "argument" that never should have happened. Peace.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by twiztor View Post
    Morph from the '90s cartoon becoming a character in the comics. main, recurring, or even a sporadically appearing character, it doesn't really matter. Make him a comics 616-canon character.
    blah blah blah, Changeling, i don't care. i want '90s cartoon Morph to exist in the books.
    I would be down with that. I think the closest we've gotten is AOA or Exiles Morph, who isn't quite the same character, but seems like he's an alternate reality version. (I guess there's also the Benjamin Deeds Morph, who even sometimes looks a bit like cartoon Morph, depending on how he's drawn.)

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Bring Claremontian thought bubbles back. Removing them didn’t bring artists to the fore, it just made the writing and characterisation more shallow.
    I've been reading some older stuff lately and some of it has gotten me missing thought bubbles and captions. They can be a lot of fun when written in a certain way.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Yes to that. With so many books and teams, characters like Dazzler, Multiple Man, Strong Guy and Siryn should have more appearances.