Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Tiny Changes that would increase your enjoyment of X-Books

What are some tiny changes to issues that would greatly increase your enjoyment of X-comics?

I'm not thinking large-scale changes like retcon Pietro & Wanda so they are mutants again/changing the whole plot to a story, but small things like colouring or an extra line of dialogue that would increase your enjoyment of a comic.

Some Examples that I'd have loved to have seen/ Maybe will see some day

Saturnyne's hair being coloured more platinum blonde/straight up silver. It's been miscoloured blonde for the whole of the Krakoan Era - it just makes her look too much like Emma Frost for people who don't know her from Classic Excalibur/Captain Britain.

Cypher and Kate Pryde's friendship being acknowledged. I don't think they've been seen together on panel since his resurrection in Necrosha. I don't need a whole story arc dedicated to their friendship but he should have been at Kate's funeral in Marauders or they could have just been drawn chatting in the background of a Hellfire Gala issue.

I wish Kwannon had a throaway line explaining why she's being called Psylocke now. Even something like "everyone keeps getting confused and calling me it so now it's stuck" would work for me.

Whenever Julian's not in a panel, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Hellion?"
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Give Wolverine his gray temples like he had in DoFP. It’s about time since we’re basically at the same point in the timeline. And I thought he looked cool like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Whenever Julian's not in a panel, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Hellion?"
    Lol. This, but for all of my favourites.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    What are some tiny changes to issues that would greatly increase your enjoyment of X-comics?

I'm not thinking large-scale changes like retcon Pietro & Wanda so they are mutants again/changing the whole plot to a story, but small things like colouring or an extra line of dialogue that would increase your enjoyment of a comic.

Some Examples that I'd have loved to have seen/ Maybe will see some day

Saturnyne's hair being coloured more platinum blonde/straight up silver. It's been miscoloured blonde for the whole of the Krakoan Era - it just makes her look too much like Emma Frost for people who don't know her from Classic Excalibur/Captain Britain.

Cypher and Kate Pryde's friendship being acknowledged. I don't think they've been seen together on panel since his resurrection in Necrosha. I don't need a whole story arc dedicated to their friendship but he should have been at Kate's funeral in Marauders or they could have just been drawn chatting in the background of a Hellfire Gala issue.

I wish Kwannon had a throaway line explaining why she's being called Psylocke now. Even something like "everyone keeps getting confused and calling me it so now it's stuck" would work for me.
    The mis-colouring of Saturyne’s hair irritated me too, yet another example of Marvel not having a ‘bible’ for their characters, see all the many times they get skin colour wrong, they corrected Loa’s skin on Marvel Unlimited but they get one if their premier characters (Storm) wrong all the time.

That’s my tweak; employ an intern to keep an up to date file on all main characters.
    Hair/skin/eye colour (Pantone chaps, it’s a thing), history, family, important events.
    Any new writer/art/colourist should get sent a copy when they come on board a book.

Oh, and your comment about Doug and Kate is very true.

Pyro acknowledging his history and relationship with Avalanche. Also Phantazia.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Pyro acknowledging his history and relationship with Avalanche. Also Phantazia.
    Yes to that! Either show him hanging out with Avalanche and Blob at the Green Lagoon bar, or give some explanation as to why he isn't hanging out with them. Or end Pyro's run on Marauders with him moving in with Avalanche.

On that note, I'd like to see more acknowledgement in general of the old relationships between characters seem to have been forgotten in the Krakoa era. We don't need full-on scenes of them, just background shots with characters that actually know each other talking to each other. Crowd scenes always seem to involve random mutants thrown together, but it would make things seem a bit more real or in character if instead we got Doug talking to Kate, Blob and Unus together, maybe Emma with Catseye and Roulette (bless Hellions for that scene of them beating down Empath), Frenzy and some of the former Acolytes, etc.

Fantastic Member

One really tiny change - fix Empath's hair color in Hellions. Some issues it's straight-up blond. Empath was never blond. He's always had light to medium brown hair. It's such a little thing, but it drives me nuts. There's no reason for blond Empath.

More Academy X kids.

I want Hellion, Surge, Mercury, Anole, Rockslide, Elixir, Dust, Gentle, Pixie, X-23, Blindfold, Trance, and Loa on a team together in their own ongoing series. That's what I want. If they did that I'd come back to the books in a heartbeat.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpkin King View Post
    One really tiny change - fix Empath's hair color in Hellions. Some issues it's straight-up blond. Empath was never blond. He's always had light to medium brown hair. It's such a little thing, but it drives me nuts. There's no reason for blond Empath.
    Maybe he died it? We dont see all the lifes 24/7. And maybe he just wanted a change. Just cause there mutants doesnt mean they cant die there hair. Look at Lorna, somehow she always has time to touchup her roots! And yes I forget off top of head the source but Lorna does die her hair green. I can research it later.