Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Hummmmm i think Milligan si the winner, and a little this " age of Hickman "

And looking back, the 90s comics were pretty bad or a complete garbage for the most part (some issues could be rescued but very few), compared to how excellent the CLAREMONT era was in The 80's, but I think in the time of 2000 in the middle they started to improve and a lot with the exception of the Milligan stage.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 11-26-2021 at 11:46 PM.

BANNED

More or less chronologically:

Schism: All of it, from the aftermath of Second Coming through AvX and the lead-up to Secret Wars. Logan had NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER being the leader of the opposing faction. It just made him look like a GIGANTIC hypocrite, while the entire conflict is nonsensical. This is also the Beginning of the End of the relevancy of any characters other than the Claremont/Byrne/Lee era, as the New X-Men are shoveled off into a "Generic Teen Wallpaper" class with the likes of the Bendis Brats, and Nostalgiaz becomes the singular driving factor after the post-Decimation period actually allowed other characters to flourish and have an impact.

X-23: Misadventures In Babysitting: Marjorie Liu was having a personal rough patch, so Hellion got thrown under the bus. Probably the only time I've found Laura thoroughly unsympathetic.

AvX: A complete and total fustercluck that relied on bald-faced retcons to make the plot work. And even AFTER the retcons, you practically had to ignore the fact that Rachel Grey even EXISTS to keep the whole thing from unraveling.

All-New X-Men (Bendis): Mostly for the major plothole of how Laura ended up in Miami after Avengers Arena, the huge wasted opportunity of her relationship with Teen Scott, and then foisting the illogical Warren relationship on her without build-up or preamble.

Wolverines: Mostly for the cop-out ending because Mystique gonna Mystique, and EVERYONE has job to her.

All-New X-Men (Hopeless): While Taylor managed to make Laura and Warren tolerable, along comes Hopeless to PERMANENTLY sour it in the most insulting manner imaginable. Also, the Beginning of the End of Laura having her own personality, and starting the process of her being reduced to Logan with ****.

Old Man Logan: Mostly for the fact that he was even in the universe AT ALL, and ended up undermining Laura's stint as Wolverine since he got the Flagship book and important roles in all of the events.

The Inhuman Fart Cloud: Another godawful mess that relied extensively on retcons just to force a square plot into a round hole.

Jordan D. White as X-Editor: The Sliding Timescale seizes hold of the franchise with an Iron Grip. The O5 are frozen at a ludicrously young age that virtually guarantees the even younger X-Men generations will never get a real chance to have any sort of permanent meaningful role. Also, no more meaningful engagement with the X-Office in interviews/etc., because everything out of his mouth is either self-aggrandizing, patronizing, or outright trolling.

Krakoa: Yet ANOTHER status quo that relies on a massive retcon to force the plot along on its rails. The New X-Men have been completely subsumed into the amorphous, indistinct "Generic Teen Wallpaper" as literally EVERYTHING that defined them as a generation is eliminated — They all have their powers back, they've all drunk the Kool-Aid and forgot how to tell off Xavier for how he and the elder X-Men failed them, and the dead have been resurrected...even those like Icarus who wouldn't WANT to be resurrected, and none of these issues are going to be seriously explored because who cares, they're just Generic Teen Wallpaper now. Comic Book Death becomes even MORE pointless than it already is. The X-Men abandon literally everything that defined them, while also being complete and total morons by trusting and accepting the likes of Sinister (WHO ISN'T EVEN A MUTANT!!!!) and Apocalypse. Other characters who ought to be telling Xavier to take a hike are going along with this whole thing. And Laura has fully transmorgified into Logan with ****, and no longer has a personality of her own.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    More or less chronologically:

Schism: All of it, from the aftermath of Second Coming through AvX and the lead-up to Secret Wars. Logan had NO BUSINESS WHATSOEVER being the leader of the opposing faction. It just made him look like a GIGANTIC hypocrite, while the entire conflict is nonsensical. This is also the Beginning of the End of the relevancy of any characters other than the Claremont/Byrne/Lee era, as the New X-Men are shoveled off into a "Generic Teen Wallpaper" class with the likes of the Bendis Brats, and Nostalgiaz becomes the singular driving factor after the post-Decimation period actually allowed other characters to flourish and have an impact.

X-23: Misadventures In Babysitting: Marjorie Liu was having a personal rough patch, so Hellion got thrown under the bus. Probably the only time I've found Laura thoroughly unsympathetic.

AvX: A complete and total fustercluck that relied on bald-faced retcons to make the plot work. And even AFTER the retcons, you practically had to ignore the fact that Rachel Grey even EXISTS to keep the whole thing from unraveling.

All-New X-Men (Bendis): Mostly for the major plothole of how Laura ended up in Miami after Avengers Arena, the huge wasted opportunity of her relationship with Teen Scott, and then foisting the illogical Warren relationship on her without build-up or preamble.

Wolverines: Mostly for the cop-out ending because Mystique gonna Mystique, and EVERYONE has job to her.

All-New X-Men (Hopeless): While Taylor managed to make Laura and Warren tolerable, along comes Hopeless to PERMANENTLY sour it in the most insulting manner imaginable. Also, the Beginning of the End of Laura having her own personality, and starting the process of her being reduced to Logan with ****.

Old Man Logan: Mostly for the fact that he was even in the universe AT ALL, and ended up undermining Laura's stint as Wolverine since he got the Flagship book and important roles in all of the events.

The Inhuman Fart Cloud: Another godawful mess that relied extensively on retcons just to force a square plot into a round hole.

Jordan D. White as X-Editor: The Sliding Timescale seizes hold of the franchise with an Iron Grip. The O5 are frozen at a ludicrously young age that virtually guarantees the even younger X-Men generations will never get a real chance to have any sort of permanent meaningful role. Also, no more meaningful engagement with the X-Office in interviews/etc., because everything out of his mouth is either self-aggrandizing, patronizing, or outright trolling.

Krakoa: Yet ANOTHER status quo that relies on a massive retcon to force the plot along on its rails. The New X-Men have been completely subsumed into the amorphous, indistinct "Generic Teen Wallpaper" as literally EVERYTHING that defined them as a generation is eliminated — They all have their powers back, they've all drunk the Kool-Aid and forgot how to tell off Xavier for how he and the elder X-Men failed them, and the dead have been resurrected...even those like Icarus who wouldn't WANT to be resurrected, and none of these issues are going to be seriously explored because who cares, they're just Generic Teen Wallpaper now. Comic Book Death becomes even MORE pointless than it already is. The X-Men abandon literally everything that defined them, while also being complete and total morons by trusting and accepting the likes of Sinister (WHO ISN'T EVEN A MUTANT!!!!) and Apocalypse. Other characters who ought to be telling Xavier to take a hike are going along with this whole thing. And Laura has fully transmorgified into Logan with ****, and no longer has a personality of her own.
    I mean you pretty much said a bunch of the ones that i was thinking of.

Adding in ones that haven't been talking about

Angel and Husks whole thing, especially their apparent (Possible) sex in the sky moment

Wolverine's whole backstory, I know it's a miniseries but god I hated that.

Xavier's twin sister, why did we even need her in the first place. Just hated Morrison's run. I have a good bunch of it, but I loath it and the looks from it.

Everything that the writers are right now doing with Krakoa and especially the likes of Nightcrawler.

Oh and let's not forget the whole, Austen saying he has two gentaila or something like that, and now he's in some really weird thing with the whole Way of X.

Old Man Logan was there for the fans who weren’t buying Laura as a replacement for Logan. It’s basically what allowed that whole situation to last as long as it did if you stop to think about it.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

And Laura has fully transmorgified into Logan with ****, and no longer has a personality of her own.
    That's not entirely fair. Logan usually has more going on than his love life.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post

Everything that the writers are right now doing with Krakoa and especially the likes of Nightcrawler.

Oh and let's not forget the whole, Austen saying he has two gentaila or something like that, and now he's in some really weird thing with the whole Way of X.

Agree on pretty much all your points, although I'm a big fan of the Krakoan status quo.

Has anyone had a bigger downgrade than Kurt in this era?

Way of X massacred most of his personality, making him out to be a repressed religious type confused by mutants having sex.

He also wasn't a swordbearer in X of Swords? An Excalibur based event with swords and you don't include the 05 Excalibur character know for his swashbuckling antics?

IvX is without a doubt on of the biggest pieces of trash ever written for the X-Men. Strong characters get crapped on and bow down, like Storm did, when in reality she would have not been so nice about the killing of her kind.

Extraordinary X-Men was also trash

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    At least Kurst is still likeable and somewhat competent. Monet lost all her charm and intelligence, so now she's just this crazy bitch who sucks at her job.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    It’s basically what allowed that whole situation to last as long as it did if you stop to think about it.
    This is a load of bull. We don't know that's the case because she got shoveled off into a godawful shipping fic and was never even given a chance to actually DO anything that might have affected the readership one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    At least Kurst is still likeable and somewhat competent. Monet lost all her charm and intelligence, so now she's just this crazy bitch who sucks at her job.
    He's been likeable when Spurrier isn't writing him at least.

I've only read issue #1 of X-Corp so can't really comment on Monet too much, but that doesn't shock me from that one issue.

BANNED

This is a load of bull. We don't know that's the case because she got shoveled off into a godawful shipping fic and was never even given a chance to actually DO anything that might have affected the readership one way or another.
    Yeah Taylor's ANW was SUCH a saint BOOK where Logan was trying to KILL a KID. Talk about hypocrisy when you mention AvX bruh...
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-28-2021 at 09:10 AM.

We don’t know for sure and probably never will, but I firmly believe that they gave the Logan stans OML to fill the void created by his death which allowed Laura to assume the mantle for as long as she did. So, yeah, I’m arguing that if not for OML being around and getting his own series, Laura would’ve never been Wolverine for as long as she was.

It was an experiment to see if the two could co-exist. Then the real Logan came back and took his codename back… until they decided that, “Hey, we can have two Wolverines just like there’s two Spider-men.”

That’s how I see it anyway. I know in your mind Laura could’ve completely replaced Logan as Wolverine if only she was given the chance, but fans like me would’ve just walked away from that honestly. She’s not our Wolverine. And never will be. Sorry. I don’t dislike the character. Quite the contrary actually. But she can’t replace Logan for me.

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    Agree on pretty much all your points, although I'm a big fan of the Krakoan status quo.

Way of X massacred most of his personality, making him out to be a repressed religious type confused by mutants having sex.

He also wasn't a swordbearer in X of Swords? An Excalibur based event with swords and you don't include the 05 Excalibur character know for his swashbuckling antics?
    [INSERT HEAVY SARCASM] I just loved seeing him act like a wreckless drunk, it really did something to me to see a character i like be put in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    We don’t know for sure and probably never will, but I firmly believe that they gave the Logan stans OML to fill the void created by his death which allowed Laura to assume the mantle for as long as she did. So, yeah, I’m arguing that if not for OML being around and getting his own series, Laura would’ve never been Wolverine for as long as she was.

It was an experiment to see if the two could co-exist. Then the real Logan came back and took his codename back… until they decided that, “Hey, we can have two Wolverines just like there’s two Spider-men.”

That’s how I see it anyway. I know in your mind Laura could’ve completely replaced Logan as Wolverine if only she was given the chance, but fans like me would’ve just walked away from that honestly. She’s not our Wolverine. And never will be. Sorry. I don’t dislike the character. Quite the contrary actually. But she can’t replace Logan for me.
    She could inherit the name if they would just stop making her act like him and more like her own person, she hated killing and was not as wreckless as mister "i want a lethal metal surf board", but then they put her in the suit and the name and she is acting like an idiot with her safety, all she needs is to guzzle down alcohol to complete the look.

Logan, when well written, is one of the most highly skilled characters in the Marvel U and isn’t reckless at all. So Laura fans, I’d like to welcome you to the club of having your favorite character written like a mindless idiot. It happens. Too often unfortunately. And the more writers who get their hands on the character, the more you’ll see it sadly. That’s just the way it is. *shrugs*