Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Most of claremont’s exiles/new exiles run was hard to read
    Inhumans vs x-men (yuck)
    Battle of the atom
    Some tiny howards excalibur stories were boring as f
    Warren ellis astonishing were a huge drop after whedon
    X-men revolution specially in the books with gambit’s team was pretty monotonous as well
    This latest Fallen angels run was hard to read as well
    Humpries’ Uncanny x-force was mostly cringey

My favorite runs

Outback x-men run specially from fall of the mutants, inferno and the savage land/reavers/ siege perilous final issues.
    Extinction agenda
    Blue gold revamp in the 90’s
    Psywar
    Remender Uncanny x-force specially dark angel saga
    Bunn’s uncanny x-men

Astonishing X-Men(all of it)
    Origins(Wolverine's so call origin)
    Old Man Logan
    Wolverine: Enemy of the State
    The Utopia era
    Avengers vs X-Men
    Schism
    X-Men vs Inhumans
    The Death of Wolverine
    The Return of Wolverine
    X-Men Gold, Blue, Red, etc.
    The Krakoa era

There's more I'm probably forgetting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Only Final Issue? Everything from House of M was abysmal. It brought Way and Aaron into the dubious Mystique history with Logan plus it made Logan a nazi. F$%!e the entire HoM family vice versa.
    Everything was debatable but the "No More mutants" thing was a multiple killing of characters.

The Mutants
    Wanda
    Logan
    Mags
    Spiderman
    Mystique

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sin Nick View Post
    Astonishing X-Men(all of it)
    Origins(Wolverine's so call origin)
    Old Man Logan
    Wolverine: Enemy of the State
    The Utopia era
    Avengers vs X-Men
    Schism
    X-Men vs Inhumans
    The Death of Wolverine
    The Return of Wolverine
    X-Men Gold, Blue, Red, etc.
    The Krakoa era

There's more I'm probably forgetting though.
    Have you liked anything since 1999? Ha.

Spectacular Member Solitaryhawk's Avatar

Anything by Rob Liefeld, full stop (yeah, he started X-Force in 1991 but -mercifully- left the title after 10 or so issues).

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    Anything by Rob Liefeld, full stop (yeah, he started X-Force in 1991 but -mercifully- left the title after 10 or so issues).
    His art makes me… gah!
    There are plenty of artists I don’t like, but that’s usually them not being to my taste, rather than just bad.
    There are plenty of mediocre artists, they’re seldom dire and often improve over time.

He. Can’t. Draw.
    Can’t draw backgrounds. Can’t draw tech. Can’t draw swords. Can’t draw normal people. Can’t draw animals. Can’t draw street clothes.
    I could go on.
    Can’t. Draw. Feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Have you liked anything since 1999? Ha.
    Bits and pieces, small standalone stuff. The long crossover stories and such? Nah, they all fail in comparison to what became before em IMO. I also liked HoX and PoX, but after that the Krakoa stuff has been a huge disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Solitaryhawk View Post
    I can't say I hate his stories, but if it was about art you hate, he would absolutely be near the top. The man has no understanding of human anatomy. And I'm sure he's familiar with what a female looks like, but based on his drawings you have to wonder. I don't mean just the fact that certain areas are enhanced and they're at peak physical condition, I mean the fact that bones. don't. go. together. that. way. AT. ALL.

Almost all of the stories starting in ‘01 and maintaining to the present. There were a few good stories in the midst, but most weren’t and led to so many characters having their personalities completely rewritten and ending up in the island ethnostate nonsense. The last ten years have been particularly egregious and it has only worsened.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Remember in those old X-Force comics by Liefeld where Cable would sometimes say "stab his eyes!" or Shatterstar would say "za vids!"? To this day I still don't know what that was about lol.

Just stupid future speak and/or Mojoverse talk. IMO it kind of felt like a throwback to Claremont’s foreign speak, which wasn’t a great representation of how people from those countries actually talk. But yeah, **** was cheesy all around. Ha.

I use to feel hate for AvX and IvX, but honestly, they are so badly executed, they're very funny to revisit. Especially with the present context of everyone involve.

I would say in recent years, the Dissambled Era was definitely a low point for the franche. Blue, Gold and Red were not the best shows of books (Especially Gold) but at least the mutants seem to have it kinda together.

Most of Wolverine and The X-Men in general drives me mad, Schism too, the whole let's split up for the children felt so hollow when the children barely had an actual opinion about things. Even the kids featured at this time mostly just went with what the adults said.

Austen had a lot of bad ones but I do like to read it for the lols.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    I would say in recent years, the Dissambled Era was definitely a low point for the franche. Blue, Gold and Red were not the best shows of books (Especially Gold) but at least the mutants seem to have it kinda together.
    I'm surprised Disassembled isn't mentioned as much, unless everyone is just lumping it in with Rosenberg's run as a whole. Damn, that story was a mess in every conceivable way.

• Nate's Four Horsemen of Salvation don't do jack.
    • Archangel drama for no reason, that's never addressed again.
    • Nate says he doesn't want to listen to Apocalypse, before proceeding to listen to Apocalypse in the next issue.
    • The adult X-Men looking down on the X-students as inexperienced kids, despite the fact that these very kids grew up fighting for their lives after M-Day, because the adult X-Men weren't able to help them.
    • Despite the fact that the X-Men looking down on them all started out as X-Men at their age or younger.
    • Despite the fact that Jean had Laura and Gentle, their peers, on her team without issue.
    • Despite the fact that Jean had a much younger kid on her team.
    • Despite the fact that Pixie already graduated and became a full X-Man already.
    • Even Legion looks down on them as kids, even though he was dating one of their classmates.
    • They have a moral take-away that they don't understand how hard it is to be an X-Man, haven't suffered nearly enough, and don't know true battle, even though they totally freaking do.
    • Magik and Limbo is listed as an example, even though Pixie and Rockslide actually went to Limbo and helped rescue Magik.
    • The kids are also whiny and petulant, but considering how hypocritical the adults are, I can't blame them.
    • Jubilee was in this? I think? All I remember her is her getting beaten up once or something.
    • I think the cure subplot originated here, too?
    • Oop, the mansion's fucked again.
    • Sure, let's just throw in the Life Seed at the end just because.
    • Nate sucks at explaining himself, but if we didn't, then we couldn't pad this **** out for 10 issues.

It was written by a bunch of writers who weren't communicating with each other, and dealing with editorial interference. But it's also like none of the writers actually read past X-Men books and only checked some Wikipedia pages for ideas to crib.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

No certain order...

1.) Hama's entire Gen X run.

2.) Monet-was-Penance fiasco

3.) Decimation - Overpowered scarlet witch just removes genes from millions of people? Please. It was lazy.

4.) Decimation aftermath - Virtually no focus on the depowered mutants. It was all about the mutants dealing with being the only ones left. What little potential was totally wasted.

5.) Raab's Excalibur run.

6.) Synch's death. Sorry, Brian Wood/Warren Ellis. That was REALLY poorly done.

7.) Austen. The whole thing.

8.) Avengers vs. X-Men - Manufactured conflict and trash from beginning to end. The breakup of Black Panther and Storm was the worst garbage ever to hit the page. The immediate hookup with Wolverine after. Speaking of Jason Aaron...

9.) Not really X-Men, but... Anything Jason Aaron has done with the Phoenix. Ever.

10.) Vampire Jubilee. I tried. I really tried. I really REALLY tried. It was just another "Jubilee as victim so we could watch everyone else react to/rescue her" storyline. Liu and Strain were the only ones who did anything meaningful from it.

11.) Excalibur current. The Braddock family are amazing. Kwannon's appearance was great for her. Gambit had maybe one good moment. Does NO ONE see the problem with Jubilee being a literal Chinese(-American) Dragon Mother?! (How did that ever fly past editorial?!) Never mind her continually taking her HUMAN SHOULD-BE-A-TODDLER SON to the most dangerous place in all existence. Then there are the constant cliff-hangers followed by time-jumps in the next issue. And the completely overlooked continuity errors even from one issue to the next.

12.) Battle of the Atom - Junk. Pure junk. Nothing good came out of that at all.

Avx, IvX, and the whole O5 deal.