Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Logan, when well written, is one of the most highly skilled characters in the Marvel U and isn’t reckless at all. So Laura fans, I’d like to welcome you to the club of having your favorite character written like a mindless idiot. It happens. Too often unfortunately. And the more writers who get their hands on the character, the more you’ll see it sadly. That’s just the way it is. *shrugs*
    Heh, when was the last time he was well written? No, seriously, i have forgotten when that has happened.

I am well aware of that fact, we are currently witnessing it right now with her on this X-men team and being only utilized for a romantic drama with another character again...i can't speak for others but i just know what is coming and brace for it.
    Last edited by Hulkout42; 11-28-2021 at 07:01 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Hulkout42 View Post
    Heh, when was the last time he was well written? No, seriously, i have forgotten when that has happened.

I am well aware of that fact, we are currently witnessing it right now with her on this X-men team and being only utilized for a romantic drama with another character again...i can't speak for others but i just know what is coming and brace for it.
    I have had my fair share of enjoyment with HoX/PoX ,Dawn of X and early Maverick issues

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    We don’t know for sure and probably never will, but I firmly believe that they gave the Logan stans OML to fill the void created by his death which allowed Laura to assume the mantle for as long as she did. So, yeah, I’m arguing that if not for OML being around and getting his own series, Laura would’ve never been Wolverine for as long as she was.

It was an experiment to see if the two could co-exist. Then the real Logan came back and took his codename back… until they decided that, “Hey, we can have two Wolverines just like there’s two Spider-men.”

That’s how I see it anyway. I know in your mind Laura could’ve completely replaced Logan as Wolverine if only she was given the chance, but fans like me would’ve just walked away from that honestly. She’s not our Wolverine. And never will be. Sorry. I don’t dislike the character. Quite the contrary actually. But she can’t replace Logan for me.
    She wasn't a replacement for Logan. Nor should she even have been considered as such. Logan was Logan. Laura is Laura. But that doesn't mean she shouldn't have been given a fair chance to actually make her own mark as Wolverine without having a Logan around to undermine her.

There's a LOT Marvel could have done specifically with the differences between them that Taylor touched on (IE her refusal to kill when possible). Put her on the flagship book and give her a chance to actually do something, especially if she's in the same situations that Logan often faced, but highlighting the differences in how they approach being Wolverine. Logan is the Cowl; He's the anti-hero who would do the ugly things that traditional heroes couldn't. By contrast, Laura was, by this time, becoming the Cape. There was a tremendous amount of potential for how that difference could have worked, but Marvel chickened out and didn't allow her to.

Nope, her only team role after becoming Wolverine was to have Bad Teen Drama as part of a disturbingly emotionally abusive relationship.

So for Laura to have been given a “fair chance” Logan has to be completely removed from the board. Got it. Sounds fair. LOL.

In my book fair would be what they did: Put them both on the board (and they even gave Laura the edge by putting an old version of Logan on the board at that!) and let the fans decide who they want to follow with their wallets, and the writers decide which one they want to use in their books.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-28-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Nope, her only team role after becoming Wolverine was to have Bad Teen Drama as part of a disturbingly emotionally abusive relationship.
    Not true. She was also an accessory for Gabby's comic relief in X-Men Red.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Inhumans vs X-Men

The Draco

Fantastic Member Captain Buttocks's Avatar

I forgot Mutant X

Comfortably the worst thing ever produced by the X-Office. Those last issues have to be read to be believed.

I echo the dislike for Inhumans vs X-Men and pretty much everything connected to that era. I haven't read a ton of it, but what I have read was enough to convince me that I didn't need to go any deeper. I particularly hate the twisting of Cyclops' character into an outright villain/supposed replacement for Magneto.

Bendis' run is a low point for me too. I liked the idea of bringing the O5 to the present day for an arc or two, but they overstayed their welcome and I didn't find any of them likeable, interesting or engaging.

I have to mention the current Krakoa era. Even though I love some elements of it, I think it relies too heavily on characters behaving completely out of the ordinary with no explanation. I find anything to do with Arakko pretty dull, X of Swords and the Hellfire Gala were both convoluted non-events, and I feel like the mutant supremacy angle (which is more present in some books than others) goes against the very core of what I love about the franchise. Not to mention the horde of villains that have happily been brought into the fold with no real consequence or, apparently, foresight. I am a fan of much of Hickman's other work, so I can take a certain amount of character bending to allow for an engaging plot, but it's just too much for me.

The current version of Excalibur and Way of X are both nigh unreadable for me.

That's not to say there haven't been bright spots - I love House of X, Powers of X and am looking forward to starting Inferno.

Current Krakoa era
    Rosenberg's Uncanny
    X-men Gold
    IvX
    AvX
    Everything Rob Liefeld has ever done

What I hate the most?..Anything that contains visual nostalgia..no one gets it worse than the original ANAD crew..great characters but their original costumes have been and continue to be some of the worst costumes in comics..Colossus, Nightcrawler, Banshee..
    it's just embarassing at this point..don't care what the story is, if it's a modern story or era and it contains underwear, underwear on the outside of pants, one piece bathing suits, pirate boots, pointy shoulders, 60s skirts, 70s v-neck pop collars..it's on the list

And I love/hate the Fraction era..yeah, the stories are not great..but at least the characters looked like they belonged in this century..Colossus finally had a cool costume, and Nightcrawler too..got me back into the books after a handful of years..and I love it for that..and I hate it for that too...because f@$k..I've thought many times since then that it can't get worse than this only to be proven wrong again and again

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    I echo the dislike for Inhumans vs X-Men and pretty much everything connected to that era. I haven't read a ton of it, but what I have read was enough to convince me that I didn't need to go any deeper. I particularly hate the twisting of Cyclops' character into an outright villain/supposed replacement for Magneto.
    It's funny how, even with the attempt to twist Cyclops into a villain, they still couldn't make him a convincing bad guy within the actual story. He just destroyed a Terrigen Cloud? I was reading more Inhumans stuff than X-Men stuff during that time period, and even I thought it was ridiculous, and that the Inhumans were pretty clearly in the wrong.

Extraordinary Member

I've come around somewhat on X of Swords. The third-act swerve will always bother me, but the event is still very big with high stakes, does have plenty of great moments and lasting consequences with Gorgon and Rockslide dying for 'real' and Arakko coming to our dimension, an epic final battle, and I can see the game Saturnyne was playing in manipulating the rules to protect the younger cohort of Krakoa's champions while sticking it to Wolverine, Storm, and Betsy over Wolverine's attempt to kill her and her dislike of Betsy. The gala and Inferno have made me appreciate X of Swords more. To be fair, the gala was advertised as a fashion event, not like the usual comic event that's supposed to have so much drama. Inferno has been a whole lot of nothing, no stakes, no momentum, and no justification for it being an event in the first place.

I'm still mad at Fallen Angels and I never liked Excalibur (the new one) either.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Maybe I missed it but I don’t think anybody mentioned X-Men Blue. Worse then Guggs’ Gold book which ran concurrently, at least in my opinion.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Trial of Magneto

Absolute dog water.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Trial of Magneto

Absolute dog water.
    Didn't get any better in #4 then? I cancelled after the "Kaiju" nonsense and the incoherent storytelling.