Amazing Member

Default Miles Morales then and know

When Miles showed up how did you feel about him and how you feel about him now and if anything’s about him changed fast what was it that made you change your feelings toured him?

I was fine with Miles. I got into Marvel Comics with Bucky Cap so Peter's death wasn't as a big deal. I thought Miles would be more interesting as a mutant. I was hoping Bendis would've brought him in the 616 as one of Cyclops's recruits.

I'm less interested in legacy characters. They just feel like the understudy who could never shine. Ironically the MCU would be more beneficial for the Champions. They're not stuck as teens and will eventually take over as the main players.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-22-2021 at 08:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I was fine with Miles. I got into Marvel Comics with Bucky Cap so Peter's death wasn't as a big deal. I thought Miles would be more interesting as a mutant. I was hoping Bendis would've brought him in the 616 as one of Cyclops's recruits.

I'm less interested in legacy characters. They just feel like the understudy who could never shine. Ironically the MCU would be more beneficial for the Champions. They're not stuck as teens and will eventually take over as the main players.
    Loved him when he came out. He was a character that was easy to Identify with, and his power was a cool variation of O.G. Spiderman. Bendis wrote solid stories for Miles. The best part was that. Miles was very different from Peter. Now I'm frustrated with the comic writers more than anything cause they could do so much more with him to develop his world. After seeing the energy from Into the Spiderverse there's too much that could be done with Miles but isn't cause they want to release 5 Peter Parker books..??? There's talk of why can't Peter be THE guy, but then they bring back Ben.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Loved him when he came out. He was a character that was easy to Identify with, and his power was a cool variation of O.G. Spiderman. Bendis wrote solid stories for Miles. The best part was that. Miles was very different from Peter. Now I'm frustrated with the comic writers more than anything cause they could do so much more with him to develop his world. After seeing the energy from Into the Spiderverse there's too much that could be done with Miles but isn't cause they want to release 5 Peter Parker books..??? There's talk of why can't Peter be THE guy, but then they bring back Ben.
    Fair points. What did you think of the Spider-Man: Miles Morales videogame, if I may ask?
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Extraordinary Member

Liked him a lot first, 1610 was always the more realistic grittier version where Peter was the light(literally the best part as well) and his death was phenomenal and I could see the "need for Spider-man" in 1610.

Bendis wrote him fine in 1610, it wasn't nearly as good as his 1610 Peter but not bad at all.How much of Peter's stuff they gave him held him down IMO.That and how Peter's relations to 1610 heros was brutal in a way but Miles was accepted left and right.The silver spoon Bendis thought would make him better mad him worse but despite all that he was solid.(Wish he made his own suit like the adaptations)

Then came in his Mom's death and thats when I got in his character seriously, it's my fav stories of his.I felt he finally got to realize Spider-man isn't a game.

Then Secret wars and 616.Massive downgrade for me, specially getting rid of the above story but atleast he had his memories.I tried but didn't like what I read.To this day he has virtually zero original rogue's gallery, his supporting cast isn't special(maybe aside from Ganke), no great developed romances and he had no THAT story for me anymore.

Ahmed's been solid, a bit boring but steady.Which is kinda the opposite of what Miles needs to move to the next step IMO but it keeps him cozy where he is.And he lost his 1610 memories, yeah that kinda killed it for me.I think what Miles needs is world-building, lots of it.

I love ITSV, and like the MM game a lot.I hope comics take inspiration from these adaptations(aside from Spider-Gwen romance, because didn't/doesn't work in comics).

After seeing the energy from Into the Spiderverse there's too much that could be done with Miles but isn't cause they want to release 5 Peter Parker books..??? There's talk of why can't Peter be THE guy, but then they bring back Ben.
    Peter doesn't have 5 books, hasn't in a while.He doesn't even have his own one rn.And Miles's own book is playing safe and not doing much new w/ him, Peter's books don't inhibit Miles from developing.

And Beyond's pitch would never work w/ Miles, because he's already Spider-man(they even said so in comics, "he's already stepped up").Not to mention Miles working for an obviously evil corp isn't in character or a good look for him.That and it only lasts 19 issues...

And Peter will always be THE guy, pitting Miles/Ben or anyone else against that is harming them.Same w/ Jace, Jon, Shuri, Sam Alexander,etc. or any legacy character, they are Batman, Superman, Black Panther, Nova, etc. as well but fighting for the unspoken THE only makes fans dislike them more.Marvel/DC never stated that one of them is a THE yet everyone knows it.That should explain itself.Dividing the fanbase isn't the way to go for having a legacy character.

(I don't think you meant it this way, this is mainly for people who think sidelining OG's will somehow make the legacy more popular instead of disliked)
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-29-2021 at 04:12 AM.

Astonishing Member

I was hoping they would have turned Miles into Peter's sidekick.

Quote Originally Posted by shooshoomanjoe View Post
    I was hoping they would have turned Miles into Peter's sidekick.
    Check out Insomniac's take in the PS4 game.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Check out Insomniac's take in the PS4 game.
    Tbf Peter just jobbed to Rhino and then left.I love the dynamic in dialogue though.

Spider-man 2 is going to be the test if they can handle 2 Spideys IMO

The comics Miles, the 1610 one and now 616 is a horrible character. I've never liked him. He always seemed to me like a ripoff. He was forced on front in almost every story, sidelining Peter. I've never liked him and I still don't like him. And something tells me that I'm going to dislike him even more after his upcoming showdown with Ben. I bet he will be written as a superior Spider to Ben without good reason, just because. I hope I'm wrong.
    His new suit does not help, it looks terrible. Marvel, bring his old amazing suit asap!

Into the Spider-Verse Miles is different, at least for me. I can relate to him and I actually like him and can't wait for more of this variant. The same goes for Insomniac's Miles. He is fine, not on the same level as ITSV Miles but close. I can't wait to see their adventures.

I'm happy that "new generation" of comic book fans have it's own Spider kid, but this whole idea could be done better. Movie and videogames proved it.