Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Default Batman & the Batfam in Animation General Discussion

Just a place to talk about the various incarnations of Batman/Batfam throughout animation. Best/worst adaptations, wishes for future adaptations, etc...

Thus far YJ has all of the big players sans Catwoman/Harley Quinn introduced w/Batwoman just introduced in this past episode (she may have been in S3...)

I'm curious to you all what do you curious to be the worst Batman movie or show. So far I hope we get a batgirl and Nightwing animated movie. Batgirl year one or pre crisis origin would be good. What would be a good Nightwing year one animated movie because technically Nightwing being Nightwing in many times connected to titans

I wonder with YJ. What will they do with Jason in YJ. We also learn the new Catwoman animated movie is somewhat connected to the YJ show. That similar events also are happening
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 11-21-2021 at 10:47 PM.

Under the Red Hood was my favorite Batfam story.

Unfortunately Batman Beyond is the closest we've gotten to a Tim Drake Robin cartoon.

I liked Beware the Batman but it's more an Outsider show than a Batfam show.

The Batman (2002) had a pretty good take on Barbara but Dick was meh.

YJ had a decent take on Dick but Tim and Jason are middling. The Batgirls were meh till the last few episodes.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-22-2021 at 09:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Under the Red Hood was my favorite Batfam story.

Unfortunately Batman Beyond is the closest we've gotten to a Tim Drake Robin cartoon.

I liked Beware the Batman but it's more an Outsider show than a Batfam show.

The Batman (2002) had a pretty good take on Barbara but Dick was meh.

YJ had a decent take on Dick but Tim and Jason are middling. The Batgirls were meh till the last few episodes.
    Damn I actually like The Batman Dick Grayson. It was really cool seeing a really young first robin after having a college age Dick Grayson in DCAU and an adult Dick Grayson in Batman Forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Micael View Post
    Damn I actually like The Batman Dick Grayson. It was really cool seeing a really young first robin after having a college age Dick Grayson in DCAU and an adult Dick Grayson in Batman Forever.
    I'm not huge Dick Grayson fan but I think I just preffered him with the Titans or the Team from YJ.

Yeah, Kate was in season 3 of YJ, but I don't think she ever spoke. She was there when the Justice League broke up.

I'll second Under the Red Hood being the favorite animated film. Not only a great film, but Jensen Ackles knocked it out of the park as Jason Todd (and he played a similar character on Supernatural in Dean Winchester).

For Young Justice, like others, I have been very curious as to what the plans with Jason will be. And only the al'Ghuls are aware of him right now.

I'm actually uninterested in YJ Jason. I never got to meet him as Robin and the show is too dependent on me knowing other takes.

Bluebird

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Yeah, Kate was in season 3 of YJ, but I don't think she ever spoke. She was there when the Justice League broke up.

I'll second Under the Red Hood being the favorite animated film. Not only a great film, but Jensen Ackles knocked it out of the park as Jason Todd (and he played a similar character on Supernatural in Dean Winchester).

For Young Justice, like others, I have been very curious as to what the plans with Jason will be. And only the al'Ghuls are aware of him right now.
    Harper Row is also a somewhat recurring character in Young Justice S3 & S4(?), though not really connected to Gotham and unclear if she’ll ever suit up as Bluebird.

Love The shared movie universe. It got me into comics.

Love the Harley Quinn show. The show has batman, batgirl, Harley, Catwoman, Robin.

Nightwing is in season 3
    Dick Grayson was mentioned in season 1 and Jason was mentioned in season 2

I dropped out of YJ after season 2.

Enjoyed injustice. That movie was pretty much a brief synopsis but I enjoyed it. It had Batman, Dick, Damian, Catwoman and Harley

Love Under the RedHood. it's tied with B&R as my favourite animated movies.

can't wait for Supersons. Wish it was a series not a movie
    Last edited by dietrich; 12-08-2021 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Love this universe

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Haven't seen the 4th season, but in the previous Tim and Jason were basically minor back ground characters. I don't think one can really rate their take on them.

Dick is kind of the only Batfamily member that really got much focus in that show. And Barbara is iirc the only other that got at least some screen time (up to season 3).