Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    You can have best of both worlds

Just have a mass ressurection and turn the 5 thing into a one time ritual and bring all of them back using but some power source or something as a way to explain why it can't be done again.
    Well we all know the nature of superhero comic books are cylical and we all know that eventually Marvel is going to make the very wrong decision to get rid of the Resurrection protocols and then we'll be right back to killing off lesser-known / popular characters for shock value and keeping them dead / forgotten for years.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

As for the X-Men looking less capable, I'd say getting dropped by every generic human with widely available power nullifying tech does that more than any deaths that have happened.

Shock deaths were bad bad then but have even less meaning now, and are used far more.

They lost what little value they had and have never been used this much.
    But they're not used for shock any more. That's the point. It's what makes the resurrection protocols great.

Writers need to think of other stakes. Some struggle, others don't.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well we all know the nature of superhero comic books are cylical and we all know that eventually Marvel is going to make the very wrong decision to get rid of the Resurrection protocols and then we'll be right back to killing off lesser-known / popular characters for shock value and keeping them dead / forgotten for years.
    Well they are being sidelined as is...

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    But they're not used for shock any more. That's the point. It's what makes the resurrection protocols great.

Writers need to think of other stakes. Some struggle, others don't.
    Yes, they are.Deaths have skyrocketed in Krakoan age and it's 95% for shock which it doesn't even have.

Most struggle, and few don't.

Astonishing Member

Well they are being sidelined as is...

Yes, they are.Deaths have skyrocketed in Krakoan age and it's 95% for shock which it doesn't even have.

Most struggle, and few don't.
    They sure are! That's the drawback to having so many darn characters to choose from. That being said I very much prefer having all the characters in the toy box ready and waiting to be utilized by writers rather than writers wanting to use a lesser known character and being told no by editorial because that character was killed off for shock value in an event seven years ago and forgotten about.

Christian's finally back.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Re: The Protocols. Being brought back from the dead is inevitable for characters like Wolverine, Nightcrawler and Cyclops. But so many lesser-known, but still loved characters are killed or written out for shock deaths, and their revivals are much less certain. The Protocols gave them a chance to come back and possibly even get focus again. For that alone, I consider them a godsend.
    I have to agree. Everett's return has been one of my favorite things about the protocols.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I disagree. The X-Men die far more frequently now. They appear less skillful at times as a result. The actual problem is that the writers feel compelled to kill off characters unnecessarily. That hasn't been addressed. The resurrections just give an easy answer for their return. That being the case, the resurrections don't seem like that big of a "win".
    I figure they appeared less skillful because too many writers aren't actually interested in writing actual teams, degrading many books into "The One I Want To Write and Some Others That Were Forced On Me, So They Will All Be Written As Bleeding Losers."
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Yes Lorna!
    Lorna or Brand?

I think it's fine to be happy with the Resurrection Protocols bringing back a lot of fan favorites while not caring for them as an ongoing element in X-Men comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Hmm Immortal X-Men? Only "immortal" ones I can think of are Logan & Clan, Iceman, Selene, & Mystique at least off the top of my head cause none of them really age.
    All of those are not immortal and all of them have been seen old versions except Mystique.

If the only xmen that centuries in the future is still alive and young is Rogue, but I doubt very much will be included in that book, this was in particular the horrible treatise, it takes a Mike Carey again to remember all the skills by Rogue.

They're really hyping X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine huh.

Was about to say why is no one talking about that

"AIPT: The X-Men line post-Inferno is very mysterious, but you certainly know what’s to come! SO, could you tease a future project you’re currently working on?

Mark: OMEGA.

Lauren: SINISTER.

Drew: CEREBRO.

Sarah: THE SPARK.

Anita: LIMBO.

Jordan: DESTINY. "

Lauren was the one who said Immortal X-men.

Ofc. it can be two different titles but pointing it out nonetheless
    Love that Sinister hint. He's been even more eccentric than usual lately. Whatever happens at the end of Inferno, I'm sure he'll find a way to exploit it. Can't wait to see how that unfolds.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by DigiCom View Post
    Lorna or Brand?
    Lorna cause that's the costume she rocks in X-Men and Brand currently has short hair.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by MexM View Post
    They're really hyping X Lives/X Deaths of Wolverine huh.
    I really couldn't care less so them hyping it is honestly very smart marketing cause as of now I ain't buying it lol

Quote Originally Posted by sbp1972 View Post
    I wasn't paying close enough attention, I missed that she made both the "Immortal" and "Sinister" comments. Could this be the book that brings the Chimeras into the story? Sinister/Immortals/DNA-manipulation/Chimeras, seems to flow there. Just a thought.
    And don’t forget in the Powers of X future I believe it was mentioned that Sinister’s Chimera breeding pits or whatever were on Mars… and Ewing’s team is presently based on Mars… so… just thinking out loud here, but could Immortal X-men be the title of the Storm and Cable led X-men title that replaces SWORD by Al Ewing? With Sinister as a primary antagonist. Hmm…