Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Hate to say it but the Krakoa era made death even more meaningless than before. At least before you knew whoever died was going to be taken off the board for a while. Months to years for even the popular characters. If you cared about the characters it mattered because you weren’t going to see them anymore for however long. You also got character reactions that were somewhat appropriate for a death.

Now they’re expected to return the next issue or same issue. Writers have been killing off characters knowing they can easily revive them and it’s just lost any sense of stakes. If character reactions to x death are shallow since everyone knows they can be brought back.

BANNED

I don't care for stories to threaten me that characters might not be published for a while. These characters have been going for 60 years. Death is an overrated crutch.

I'm glad we're now in a situation where the X-Men have to respawn at base whenever they get effed up. Makes the writers/editors have to think of something besides "ooooh someone dies". Garden variety writers shouldn't kill off characters anyway. If any culturally significant character is going to be killed off, the story should be nothing less than Eisner-worthy. If the story is not that, leave the character's actual death to something else.

Also, the Rez Protocols mean that the team can get legitimately effed up in fun ways.

I'm happy to see both editors on XL/XD of Wolverine are excited for it.

As for the resurrection protocols, I'm a big fan. Where else in comics can you find this? It's certainly unique and I hope it sticks around a while longer.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I don't care for stories to threaten me that characters might not be published for a while. These characters have been going for 60 years. Death is an overrated crutch.

I'm glad we're now in a situation where the X-Men have to respawn at base whenever they get effed up. Makes the writers/editors have to think of something besides "ooooh someone dies". Garden variety writers shouldn't kill off characters anyway. If any culturally significant character is going to be killed off, the story should be nothing less than Eisner-worthy. If the story is not that, leave the character's actual death to something else.

Also, the Rez Protocols mean that the team can get legitimately effed up in fun ways.
    This. The writers doing boring things with the resurrection protocols were going to be writing boring stories anyway (or inflicting meaningless ultraviolence on Wolverine). The ones I've enjoyed of the Krakoa era are the ones who've managed to give death different stakes, like Daken's loss of self or Honey Badger's personhood being in question.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Never been a fan of the resurrection protocols, but throwing them out the window now that all the B/C/D/Z listers are back would just feel kind of... conveniently dramatic. Humanity's bound to freak out over something at some point anyway. Might as well keep them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's fine to be happy with the Resurrection Protocols bringing back a lot of fan favorites while not caring for them as an ongoing element in X-Men comics.
    Exactly

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    Love that Sinister hint. He's been even more eccentric than usual lately. Whatever happens at the end of Inferno, I'm sure he'll find a way to exploit it. Can't wait to see how that unfolds.
    Unironically Sinister is the one whose arc I'm looking forward to most.He's been building up so much and I can't wait to see it come to fruition

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Current X-men writers still thinking their characters being recloned over and over, so they can casualy kill them frequently and have them in universe smugly and unquestioning regard themself as immortal (which they are obviously not since they require unreliable and not longterm proven machinations for it), which is actively repulsing a lot of potential or former readers who just want their approachable, relatable, human super heros who risk their lifes for others regardless of who they are knowing they might not come back via contrived circumstances next time?

If that's still the direction going forward, i'm less than thrilled about the upcomming next generation of titles.
    You should take a look on Eternals movie and the comics, they are avoiding repeating the ressurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Thanks for posting, sbp1972!

Here's the exclusive artwork:

Wanda and her boys, nice!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I like the RPs. What I dislike is writers using it as a gag...Percy/Kid Omega or using it as an "easy out" (don't want to spend much time plotting a fight...kill and send them to the RP)...Percy/X-force.

I would have loved if it was used sparingly and poignantly but...

At least some writers used it with intent and some import (Vita/Scout/Karma, Duggan/Kate)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think it's fine to be happy with the Resurrection Protocols bringing back a lot of fan favorites while not caring for them as an ongoing element in X-Men comics.
    My take. I kinda hoped Inferno would end them (especially with the teases of humanity discovering them and definitely when the X-Men basically told Orchis "we have a clone farm" in Inferno)