Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Default Death Battle(10 Year Anniversary): Storm vs Korra

Thought this deserved its own thread seeing its garnered a lot of online discussion

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Haha, I was wondering how this would go. I imagine a lot of people got salty over this. But yeah, the winner is pretty obvious looking at both characters.

Quote Originally Posted by xhx23x View Post
    Haha, I was wondering how this would go. I imagine a lot of people got salty over this. But yeah, the winner is pretty obvious looking at both characters.
    It seems like every post I saw many were upset because they felt the match was a major stomp in Storm's favor. I thought even with Storm being nerfed in the video the battle was pretty well-balanced. In fact Korra was beating her a$$ much of the fight.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    It seems like every post I saw many were upset because they felt the match was a major stomp in Storm's favor. I thought even with Storm being nerfed in the video the battle was pretty well-balanced. In fact Korra was beating her a$$ much of the fight.
    Seriously? Yeah, Korra had the upper hand many times, but she never took advantage of it. And it made sense in the fight. But yeah, I thought that it was a pretty fair showing with both.

But Storm just has experience with beating radical teens

Astonishing Member

Seriously? Yeah, Korra had the upper hand many times, but she never took advantage of it. And it made sense in the fight. But yeah, I thought that it was a pretty fair showing with both.

Did...she just rip somebody's heart out?

exactly and great point!!

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    yes she did. Marrow needed a time out.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    She got better. It's okay.

What a random fight.

If Korra has blood domination, well, goodbye Storm. But otherwise Storm wins

Storm could electron-bend Korra into a pretzel if she wanted to, nevermind bloodbend. Korra never had a real chance against Ororo.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    What a random fight.

If Korra has blood domination, well, goodbye Storm. But otherwise Storm wins
    im not so sure Storm's willpower has allowed her to break free from those who have tried to control her. I think she could overcome this form of manipulation as well.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Storm could electron-bend Korra into a pretzel if she wanted to, nevermind bloodbend. Korra never had a real chance against Ororo.
    I would love to see her do that in canon. also agree korra was definitely out of her element here.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 11-24-2021 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Man, what a missed opportunity to have that realized in pixel form.

Man, what a missed opportunity to have that realized in pixel form.

lol, 10ch
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Astonishing Member

Thought this deserved its own thread seeing its garnered a lot of online discussion
    Personal opinion.

Any vs. battle that involves people from different settings just feels to me like an excuse for people from both fandoms to proclaim their "thing" the better without there actualy being any way to really provide a conclusive evidence for either victory.

Because every fictional setting works with different set of laws, rules and guidelines, which are limiting or expanding how much characters can push or downright break the laws of physic with or without super powers.

What might be a great feat in one universe might be commonplace in the other and vis versa.

One setting might allow everyone and their grandmother to fly, but when they fight they are locked to what people in the real world can do, while another setting might allow everyone to be so strong they can break mountains appart, but flying by their own power is impossible. All while the people of both settings are meant to be "normal" humans in their respective worlds.

So would it make sense to put them in a vs. fight against another when they are clearly empowered by different set of rules?

Likewise different settings tend to involve different levels of dramatization of fights and focus on choreography. One setting might involve everyone just punching and kicking like people in an MMA ring, while the other regulary involves everyone jumping, flipping and slow mo moving around like in a Wuxia movie.

Again does it make sense to pin these characters against another when all we could witness of their fighting styles are based on different demands in dramatization?

I would say no.

Even in universe vs. debates are a difficult thing to do with any satisfying argument in favor of one or the other to make, because just like with Wrestling it's all up to the bookers who wins and who loses, the rest is just selling it to the audience or downright ignoring their opinion and declaring someone the winner to push them.

yes she did. Marrow needed a time out.
    Weirdly enough, ignoring Weapon X (which i assume many of us do), she was never as cruel and evil again after her involutary heart removale there. So i guess she had some time to ponder about her life choices while healing up in a dark, damp sewer with a lot of rats.

Shame no writer every picked that up as starting point for her trying to atone for what she did.

She got better. It's okay.
    Second heart plus healing factor. Lucky is the mutant who's body is mutated more than just what is externaly visible.