Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Tiny Changes that would increase your enjoyment of X-Books

What are some tiny changes to issues that would greatly increase your enjoyment of X-comics?

I'm not thinking large-scale changes like retcon Pietro & Wanda so they are mutants again/changing the whole plot to a story, but small things like colouring or an extra line of dialogue that would increase your enjoyment of a comic.

Some Examples that I'd have loved to have seen/ Maybe will see some day

Saturnyne's hair being coloured more platinum blonde/straight up silver. It's been miscoloured blonde for the whole of the Krakoan Era - it just makes her look too much like Emma Frost for people who don't know her from Classic Excalibur/Captain Britain.

Cypher and Kate Pryde's friendship being acknowledged. I don't think they've been seen together on panel since his resurrection in Necrosha. I don't need a whole story arc dedicated to their friendship but he should have been at Kate's funeral in Marauders or they could have just been drawn chatting in the background of a Hellfire Gala issue.

I wish Kwannon had a throaway line explaining why she's being called Psylocke now. Even something like "everyone keeps getting confused and calling me it so now it's stuck" would work for me.

Whenever Julian's not in a panel, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Hellion?"
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Give Wolverine his gray temples like he had in DoFP. It’s about time since we’re basically at the same point in the timeline. And I thought he looked cool like that.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KylunFan View Post
    What are some tiny changes to issues that would greatly increase your enjoyment of X-comics?

I'm not thinking large-scale changes like retcon Pietro & Wanda so they are mutants again/changing the whole plot to a story, but small things like colouring or an extra line of dialogue that would increase your enjoyment of a comic.

Some Examples that I'd have loved to have seen/ Maybe will see some day

Saturnyne's hair being coloured more platinum blonde/straight up silver. It's been miscoloured blonde for the whole of the Krakoan Era - it just makes her look too much like Emma Frost for people who don't know her from Classic Excalibur/Captain Britain.

Cypher and Kate Pryde's friendship being acknowledged. I don't think they've been seen together on panel since his resurrection in Necrosha. I don't need a whole story arc dedicated to their friendship but he should have been at Kate's funeral in Marauders or they could have just been drawn chatting in the background of a Hellfire Gala issue.

I wish Kwannon had a throaway line explaining why she's being called Psylocke now. Even something like "everyone keeps getting confused and calling me it so now it's stuck" would work for me.
    The mis-colouring of Saturyne’s hair irritated me too, yet another example of Marvel not having a ‘bible’ for their characters, see all the many times they get skin colour wrong, they corrected Loa’s skin on Marvel Unlimited but they get one if their premier characters (Storm) wrong all the time.

That’s my tweak; employ an intern to keep an up to date file on all main characters.
    Hair/skin/eye colour (Pantone chaps, it’s a thing), history, family, important events.
    Any new writer/art/colourist should get sent a copy when they come on board a book.

Oh, and your comment about Doug and Kate is very true.

Pyro acknowledging his history and relationship with Avalanche. Also Phantazia.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Pyro acknowledging his history and relationship with Avalanche. Also Phantazia.
    Yes to that! Either show him hanging out with Avalanche and Blob at the Green Lagoon bar, or give some explanation as to why he isn't hanging out with them. Or end Pyro's run on Marauders with him moving in with Avalanche.

On that note, I'd like to see more acknowledgement in general of the old relationships between characters seem to have been forgotten in the Krakoa era. We don't need full-on scenes of them, just background shots with characters that actually know each other talking to each other. Crowd scenes always seem to involve random mutants thrown together, but it would make things seem a bit more real or in character if instead we got Doug talking to Kate, Blob and Unus together, maybe Emma with Catseye and Roulette (bless Hellions for that scene of them beating down Empath), Frenzy and some of the former Acolytes, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Whenever Julian's not in a panel, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Hellion?"
    Lol. This, but for all of my favourites.

Fantastic Member

One really tiny change - fix Empath's hair color in Hellions. Some issues it's straight-up blond. Empath was never blond. He's always had light to medium brown hair. It's such a little thing, but it drives me nuts. There's no reason for blond Empath.

More Academy X kids.

I want Hellion, Surge, Mercury, Anole, Rockslide, Elixir, Dust, Gentle, Pixie, X-23, Blindfold, Trance, and Loa on a team together in their own ongoing series. That's what I want. If they did that I'd come back to the books in a heartbeat.

Consistency with everyone's eye colours. Especially Gambit's.

A plausible reason why Jubilee and Gambit would risk their lives, Shogo's life and the cats by living in such a dangerous place.

More people questioning the current status quo.

"Psylocke" going back to her old name Kwannon or Revanche.

Tone down Sinister's flamboyance. He's TOO different now.

More consistency with powers. Especially Rogue and Gambit.

Characters properly acknowledging past relationships.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopozyzy View Post

A plausible reason why Jubilee and Gambit would risk their lives, Shogo's life and the cats by living in such a dangerous place.

You raise a good point.

I quite like Excalibur but the bits I dislike are nearly all the Shogo centred parts. He's randomly de-aged from books like Generation X (Vol.2) and I think him turning into a dragon is super dumb anyway.

Fantastic Member

One more - I'd like to see more characters get their curly hair back. There are many characters that were introduced with curly or wavy hair that have had it straightened by artists, mostly due to changing styles over the years, I guess. (And maybe white-washing as well, since some of these characters have also had their skin lightened, which is a whole thorny issue in itself.) Sunspot, Jetstream, Magma, Kitty Pryde, Nightcrawler, original Pyro, Wanda, and others that I'm probably missing, all had curls or wavy hair when they first showed up, and are now frequently drawn with straight hair. And of course characters can change their hair over the years, but in eras when it seems like every character has straight hair, bringing the curls back would give some of these characters a more unique and less generic look. At least they fixed the issue with Kitty in Marauders.

And while we're at it, fix skin color issues on characters like Jetstream, who are colored significantly lighter than they were in their earlier appearances.

Known and established mutants should be background characters instead of random green person we will never see again.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Seeing any black mutants lead a team. For Pete's sake we're not in 1946 anymore. Is the message that among all the mutants that have lead main teams there are no black male mutants with exceptional leadership skills...?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Stop trying to make us feel bad for the creeps that would get sued/cancelled in RL. Smallest violin in the world and all that.