Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thinking on this not a fan of the changes to Apocalyspe and Mr Sinister.....both feel weaker and less threatening then before and never liked Sassy Sinister its just not my Sinister personally....I hope and pray this is not the version the MCU goes with although with the heavy emphasis on humor in those movies if they do go that route it wouldn't be the least bit surprising would hate for him to be portrayed as sassy non threatening joke.

Sinister’s arc isn’t done yet. I’m thinking he could still turn out to be a frightening threat, especially with an army of chimeras at his back.

And Apocalypse could always come back, though personally I hope he doesn’t. Feels to me like his arc is done, so let it be.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Sinister is sassy, yes, but non-threatening? He has been shown to have ended Krakoa in life 9 nearly on his own, and achieved pretty much everything he set his mind on in Krakoa. Hell, until Empath's betrayal, he was pretty much the one person in Krakoa with a perfect win record.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Sinister is sassy, yes, but non-threatening? He has been shown to have ended Krakoa in life 9 nearly on his own, and achieved pretty much everything he set his mind on in Krakoa. Hell, until Empath's betrayal, he was pretty much the one person in Krakoa with a perfect win record.
    Some people define "threatening" as just being dark and moody.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    All the old X-Rogues basically got neutered lol. Now they’re all in that Magneto zone of “anti-hero/anti-villain”.
    That’s one of the issues I have with the Krakoa era; all the mutant villains have been placed as a part of their society most of them Kumbayaing it up with really no form of capital punishment if they step out of line so long as they don’t break any of the three laws (just look at Shaw. He killed Kitty and is still sitting on the council and lost any scheming aspect to him) and the majority of the villains who have taken their spot as enemies for the X-books just don’t compare.

I can’t name a single character who acts in character on Krakoa. Granted, a lot of characters have been moving in this direction a while now and characterizations directly conflict with previously defined characterizations so much that I question how much research the writers did. No X-Men character would approve of this if they were written in character. Really what I’m saying is, mutant ethnostate island is stupid and needs to go. As does much of the continuity that warped so many characters, making them unrecognizable, really starting in ‘01 with the name-change to New X-Men. Of course there were some great stories and great characters brought after and they should be kept around, but much of it has utterly destroyed their heroic bona fides.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!