Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I think Moira is in a really interesting space, but I can understand not liking the drastically different direction she's gone in.

However, Kate hasn't done too shabby. I think Duggan's greatest offense is occasional mediocrity, but she's otherwise cemented a cool position in Krakoan society, finally gotten a non-training uniform (even if the pirate's coat is a little kitschy), and she kissed a girl and liked it.

I’d have to disagree across the board. Moira had been out of the books for years, Nature Girl was irrelevant and Kitty didn’t change too much imho. She’s always been a fighter.

I will concede if one preferred Nature Girl as a pacifist then I can understand the criticism, but she wasn’t doing anything besides being wallpaper until X-Men: Green.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d have to disagree across the board. Moira had been out of the books for years, Nature Girl was irrelevant and Kitty didn’t change too much imho. She’s always been a fighter.

I will concede if one preferred Nature Girl as a pacifist then I can understand the criticism, but she wasn’t doing anything besides being wallpaper until X-Men: Green.
    I gotta disagree with the NG sentiment here. I'd rather have a character intact and good, but barely used, than have them get a big story where their character is butchered or made unrecognizable. Not that I have any comment on Nature Girl herself, since I didn't read a lot of stuff with her beforehand.

(Eu te amo, Robbie Reyes.)
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I gotta disagree with the NG sentiment here. I'd rather have a character intact and good, but barely used, than have them get a big story where their character is butchered or made unrecognizable. Not that I have any comment on Nature Girl herself, since I didn't read a lot of stuff with her beforehand.

(Eu te amo, Robbie Reyes.)
    I can understand your point, although I wouldn't call her change in personality getting "butchered," rather its just a change for now. Nature girl certainly wasn't depicted at all like she was in XMG in previous outings as far as I can remember, but she also wasn't really getting any page time at all. The phrase "any publicity is good publicity" comes to mind in regards to her. Also I actually liked the changes made to both her and Moira personally so there's that.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Not really sure why Kitty would be anywhere near Apocalypse, Moira and Nature Girl's Tier of WTH-Happened. Editorial wanted her a bit edgier and it comes across as kinda cheesy/forced. No biggie.

Nature Girl?

Let's see.

1. Mute crush for Eyeboy eons ago.

2. Jail bait for Colossus in Age of Ass.

3. Bald nega-captain planet that stabs necks with scissors.

Hmm...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Krakoa destroyed Apocalypse. He was all about that survival-of the-fittest life. Now, he got soft and paid the price. Now he's selling flowers on street corners trying to make bitcoin.
    Totally quoted for truth.... It's how ironic everything has so much changed after hox/pox for him but HoX/PoX was a decent portayal for him

I actually loved Apocalypse in the Krakoan era. Hope he come's back soon to test Krakoa again.

Racist flstscans
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Totally quoted for truth.... It's how ironic everything has so much changed after hox/pox for him but HoX/PoX was a decent portayal for him
    You guys are just losing it Apoc finally having a reason for his survival of the fittest mentality is great. It took him from a 2d villain to a well rounded character.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Nature Girl
    Moira
    Kitty

People want to know why I hate on Hickman and this era so much. I’ll point to those three characters and what has been done to them.
    You're forgetting Betsy Braddock

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    IIRC this poster holds X-Men Gold in high regard to provide context.
    Kate is IMO the opposite spectrum of gold, both are extremes and bad for her.

But as people have stated she's going through her "edgy" phase.I don't think it destroyed her as much as the others.

Also Betsy is one that fell off hard, Kwanon's great though.

I'm sorry for the 3 fans of Moira and Nature girl, but both those characters were irrelevant and most readers wouldn't know about them w/out this.Atleast Moira is well written and interesting, can't say the same for nature girl

Also not remotely destroyed but Cyclops being okay w/ crucible(painful murder of non-combatant innocents to give them their birthright) and w/ Jean having Logan on the side is definitely out of character.
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 11-23-2021 at 01:07 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    You guys are just losing it Apoc finally having a reason for his survival of the fittest mentality is great. It took him from a 2d villain to a well rounded character.
    And turn him entirely into someone else forever. His motivation, beliefs, character has totally changed now. He is nothing more than a wannabe of Magneto. Apocalypse should be exactly how Taylor is writing him in Dark Ages.
    Last edited by Vishop; 11-23-2021 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I actually loved Apocalypse in the Krakoan era. Hope he come's back soon to test Krakoa again.
    Hickman's Apocaplyse is the best he's ever been.

There I said it.

I wouldn't mind getting a peek into Amenth and what he's doing there.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member

Colossus. The only good thing for him to come out of this era was his gala costume and he didn't do anything at the gala. He's been made into a total wimp, paraded around for a show trial, and now murdered his current girlfriend under someone else's control, so his joining the council is not a moment of triumph but just another giant mistake.