Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    They already tried isolationism in the 5th life, it didn't work.
    They still were on Earth, and humans knew there were mutants around. They could try a bit harder.

Also, right now mutants are living in another planet.
    Mars is like the next street over by MU standards... I am speaking of another galaxy, maybe another parallel universe where Earth has already been destroyed by Galactus or whatever.

They also not repeating Utopia- now they have way more resources, people, are much more united and are on course to become the most powerful nation on Earth. Plus, you know, having Apocalypse, Shaw, Selene, etc, with the same goal as you is a good idea.
    I acknowledged that; I explicitly said "Utopia, but on Krakoa and with Apocalyse, Mr. Sinister, Selene, Exodus, Sebastian Shaw...etc."

And you are ignoring that my comment was about the reaction of the other mutants to these villains' presence on the island... they should be scared, their presence should work as a deterrent for mutants to move there, not as a stimulus to do so...

These guys are massive threats on themselves; they all have their own agendas and any of them could ruin everything... Apocalypse has always wanted mutants to become stronger through war; Mr. Sinister wanted to replace mutants with his own engineered species...etc. Even if by some miracle these have become good guys, the X-Men and allied mutants should be terrified of having them around...

The complaint about resurrection being "just a duplicate with your memories, therefore isn't you" it's also non-sense. Right now, there's not a single cell in your body that was already there 15 years ago, so you are essentially a duplicate with your memories.
    So, if there were a guy who were just like you, you would be okay getting killed? If you had a twin brother, you would be willing to kill yourself because, hey, there is another one of you around...?

Quote Originally Posted by AdamFTF View Post
    The problem with Moira is that she's not a regular human anymore.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I think the X-Men should have human friends. And not just "technically" human like other superhumans, but HUMAN human as in no powers. But they seem to lose those friends really easily. Not even "loss" in the sense of death. But loss in the sense of them just disappearing or being forgotten about. I'm a little out of the loop on comics, but tell me if any of the X-Men's human friends have appeared lately. Stevie Hunter? Candy Southern? Peter Corbeau? Kavita Rao? Yukio? Charlotte Jones? Tom Corsi? Trish Tilby? Lee Forester? Any of them?

The one that lasted the longest and had the biggest presence in the X-Men was Dr. Moira MacTaggert until she was unceremoniously and unfairly killed 20 years ago. But then she's brought back and the explanation is that she was secretly a mutant the whole time, but her power was just one that wasn't easily displayed. What this retcon suggests is that mutants, particularly X-Men, cannot have lasting, meaningful friendships with even sympathetic humans. And if they seem to, the reality is that human was actually a mutant the entire time and you didn't know it.

I guess there's Kyle Jinadu-Baeubier for now. Though it doesn't seem like quite enough. And Shogo Lee, who they keep turning into a dragon because they don't know what to do with a human infant (he shouldn't have to do much, just be a symbol of maturity for Jubilee).
    They seem to be veering towards presenting all of Humanity as trash who deserves to die...
    Last edited by Habis; 11-23-2021 at 04:33 PM.

Post-M-Day was a dark time, and Krakoa was a light at the end of the tunnel. Krakoa came with more promise than Utopia, namely resources, resurrection, the promise of forgiveness, a safe place where their enemies can't reach them, and diplomatic freedom. From the outset, Krakoa seems like a legitimate paradise that addresses many of the biggest issues mutants face. And while there are a lot of flaws, Krakoa really has lived up to the promise for many. Mutants aren't just surviving, but thriving.

There have been mutants who had problems with the villains (Lost, for example.) We've also seen mutants who have rejected Krakoa. But as a whole, many formerly-bad mutants have used this opportunity to turn their lives around. And it's not like mutants aren't used to former villains joining their ranks.

Resurrection isn't cloning. Aside from the fact that the writers and characters treat it as the real deal, Death herself has confirmed the resurrections are legit. Spider-Man has already tackled cloning as a viable means to legitimately resurrect a person, soul and all. The revived characters aren't clones of the originals, but the originals brought back.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Krakoa destroyed Apocalypse. He was all about that survival-of the-fittest life. Now, he got soft and paid the price. Now he's selling flowers on street corners trying to make bitcoin.
    All the old X-Rogues basically got neutered lol. Now they’re all in that Magneto zone of “anti-hero/anti-villain”.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Colossus. The only good thing for him to come out of this era was his gala costume and he didn't do anything at the gala. He's been made into a total wimp, paraded around for a show trial, and now murdered his current girlfriend under someone else's control, so his joining the council is not a moment of triumph but just another giant mistake.
    Not gonna lie, X-Force has been so aggressively mediocre for the past twenty issues or so, I'd kinda forgotten everything but the latest Love-Interest-Murdering/Council drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    Post-M-Day was a dark time, and Krakoa was a light at the end of the tunnel. Krakoa came with more promise than Utopia, namely resources, resurrection, the promise of forgiveness, a safe place where their enemies can't reach them, and diplomatic freedom. From the outset, Krakoa seems like a legitimate paradise that addresses many of the biggest issues mutants face. And while there are a lot of flaws, Krakoa really has lived up to the promise for many. Mutants aren't just surviving, but thriving.

There have been mutants who had problems with the villains (Lost, for example.) We've also seen mutants who have rejected Krakoa. But as a whole, many formerly-bad mutants have used this opportunity to turn their lives around. And it's not like mutants aren't used to former villains joining their ranks.

Resurrection isn't cloning. Aside from the fact that the writers and characters treat it as the real deal, Death herself has confirmed the resurrections are legit. Spider-Man has already tackled cloning as a viable means to legitimately resurrect a person, soul and all. The revived characters aren't clones of the originals, but the originals brought back.
    I agree with a lot of this. I’ll also add that not every mutant is “okay” with dying. Not only did Way of X directly address the issues with undervaluing life, but specific mutants like Storm and Whiz Kid have expressed wanting to live over going through the protocols.

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Yes, Apocalypse was neutered into a good guy who engineered the takeover of Avalon, installed Jamie Braddock as King, tortured Morgan Le Fey, killed all the Externals, and set up a trial by brutal combat system for depowered Mutants to get their powers back in front of cheering Krakoans. Can’t believe they turned him into a hero like that.

I was fine with humans friends but I’m fine without them. The Mutant story shouldn’t be defined by humans or require validation in-story from humans. Moira was a nothing character who was never coming back, so I’ve got no problem with that.

I don’t know who’s been “destroyed”, but I do think Quentin Quire has been poorly handled from a story and power standpoint. Omega my butt. Other than that, I think way more folks have benefited during the Krakoan age.

Spectacular Member

I liked the first volume of New Mutants.

I'm mixed on the changes to Moria....I like how central she is but her characterization has been iffy imo.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Scans and/or issue numbers

Also the tweet, because Hickman's does not confirm anything

Also people on here denying anything b/w Jean and Logan and yet a scene of them semi-flirting gets you to agree Scemma happened
    Agree, I don't see any direct or implied admission that Scott and Emma are a thing on Krakoa. The triangle is Logan-Jean-Scott not Emma-Scott-Jean..I'm not saying it's a complete stretch that there's a different polyamory configuration, but on panel evidence that is pure conjecture.

The “heroes” sometimes used to work with villains under certain circonstances. And, other times, they tried to reform “villains” and succeeded like with Rogue.

But, this, it’s the idea that your DNA is more important than your principles. It’s a stange idea and not a fertile one: Krakoa is a closed universe.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    The “heroes” sometimes used to work with villains under certain circonstances. And, other times, they tried to reform “villains” and succeeded like with Rogue.

But, this, it’s the idea that your DNA is more important than your principles. It’s a stange idea and not a fertile one: Krakoa is a closed universe.
    This isn't them just Krakoa accepting villains because mutants > flatscans. They need to come together for their own survival, because they have no other options. Working apart didn't work. And they still try to punish the villains where they can, because the safety and well-being of humans is still a top priority. And it's been working out, since lot of former villains have taken the opportunity to genuinely turn their lives around.

This isn't them just Krakoa accepting villains because mutants > flatscans. They need to come together for their own survival, because they have no other options. Working apart didn't work. And they still try to punish the villains where they can, because the safety and well-being of humans is still a top priority. And it's been working out, since lot of former villains have taken the opportunity to genuinely turn their lives around.
    And isn’t that boring? I will be a better person cause I want to survive…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Sounds like as good a reason as any.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I mean, it's a pretty legit reason. Change or die, as Destiny said. Though Krakoa isn't just about survival, but thriving. To be part of a community that likes you and tries not to judge you for who you were in the past. For immortality, cures, the return of the powers you lost (which are part of you/your identity), or acceptance from your peers. For some, their lives are better on Krakoa than they were before. We saw a bit of this with Daken, where he was surprised by the kindness of his X-Factor teammates. He didn't expect anyone to save him when he was stranded in that storm or whatever, but Northstar did without question.

That's the thing about Krakoa: it's salvation in multiple forms. There's something sinister behind the scenes, but it still does a lot of good.

Astonishing Member CrimsonEchidna's Avatar

Surprised about the lack of mention of Henry McCoy. In an era where most other characters that had gotten done dirty went under character rehab, the team just quadrupled down on Hank being a reprehensible asshat. lol
    The artist formerly known as OrpheusTelos.