Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Colossus. The only good thing for him to come out of this era was his gala costume and he didn't do anything at the gala. He's been made into a total wimp, paraded around for a show trial, and now murdered his current girlfriend under someone else's control, so his joining the council is not a moment of triumph but just another giant mistake.
    It seems like someone has it out for the poor guy. Then again, it's been admitted already. At least somewhat.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    It seems like someone has it out for the poor guy. Then again, it's been admitted already. At least somewhat.
    Honestly....since the mutant massacre life had not been nice to ...neither writers...I don't remember any story where he did not looked like tool, an anive moron or worst.
    Seriously so far the most dignified arc of story was when he joined the acolytes, the rest....we are on " I will attack pet wisdom because he date kitty" to " yeah...whales look much better with lobster legs,!" Range...
    What happened to those whales by the way? Is an odd thing always made curious...

Extraordinary Member

Colossus. The only good thing for him to come out of this era was his gala costume and he didn't do anything at the gala. He's been made into a total wimp, paraded around for a show trial, and now murdered his current girlfriend under someone else's control, so his joining the council is not a moment of triumph but just another giant mistake.
    This one takes the cake, funny how Kitty got boosts after boosts and he fell off hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Nature Girl
    Moira
    Kitty

People want to know why I hate on Hickman and this era so much. I’ll point to those three characters and what has been done to them.
    Add Rogue too X_x

Rogue went from being well-treated for over two decades (in every respect) and relevant to both xbooks and leading an Avenger squad for years. For in the Hickman era to be ignored in every possible way and to be if she appears as a wallpaper, and in the story that basically involves her two mothers she will not even appear, and with Duggan it is not that it improves the thing much of He is currently in a book that is the solo of two characters, at least for the moment.
    Last edited by Sylarmax; 11-23-2021 at 03:53 AM.

Incredible Member

Moira is more interesting than ever, Kitty is not that different, Nature Girl is completely ruined as a character forever.

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Nature Girl
    Moira
    Kitty

People want to know why I hate on Hickman and this era so much. I’ll point to those three characters and what has been done to them.
    Really? You hate what has been done to them?
    Well, people want to know why I disagree. Nature Girl, Kitty and Moira were boring as hell and now they are finally made interesting.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Astonishing Member

Which reminds me. Beast. His downturn has started way before, but the current era just doubles down on it.

On the topic of Nature Girl's recent direction can those in the know please explain her shift in aesthetic?

How/why she's got this burnt match look on her head? Is this an extension of her powers in some way? Did she get burned? Is it make up? Paired with a severe hair buzz? And also, I wish that artists would commit to a set of antlers for this character. The current shape/model of the antlers is giving me Party City arrow through the head gag head band.

Anyways.
    Yeah, can anyone explain or provide a scan that explains her aesthetic shift? Plz and thank you babies!

Last edited by Fokken; 11-23-2021 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Add Rogue too X_x

Rogue went from being well-treated for over two decades (in every respect) and relevant to both xbooks and leading an Avenger squad for years. For in the Hickman era to be ignored in every possible way and to be if she appears as a wallpaper, and in the story that basically involves her two mothers she will not even appear, and with Duggan it is not that it improves the thing much of He is currently in a book that is the solo of two characters, at least for the moment.
    Chile we’re talking about characters whose characterization drastically changed, not who has or hasn’t gotten focus. The minute a writer puts focus on Rogue again she’ll be fine.

Upvoting all the Colossus comments because he has definitely gotten a raw deal. Like how am I supposed to be invested in his “fall from grace” if he had no agency in the whole thing?
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-23-2021 at 05:37 AM.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    On the topic of Nature Girl's recent direction can those in the know please explain her shift in aesthetic?
    She shifted once before from deer/caribou-looking antlers to some sort of wooden spikes/branches coming from her head, which seemed to suggest to me that when her focus was on communing with animals, it went in a deer-direction, and when it was on communing with plants, she had branches instead, but I have no idea if that's just a cracked-out delusion on my part, and the writers had any such notion, nor what it means that she has weird burned-looking-antlers now (she's channeling animals damaged by man, and her antlers are all deformed / partially destroyed because of that? I dunno...).

That's actually a really insightful assessment of her appearance, both current and previous, Sutekh. Thank you!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I actually loved Apocalypse in the Krakoan era. Hope he come's back soon to test Krakoa again.
    I loved him too and think the development was great, but it did feel like it just ended?

Part of me thought he'd return but as a villain again. He'd come back having seen even more horror while with Armageddon and be determined that Krakoa is too weak. He would've been a better reveal in Inferno than Colossus. Except he'd backstab Xavier/Magneto and reveal his true plan.

The Nature Girl drama reminds me of when Iceman came out. Huge numbers of so called Iceman fans came out of nowhere to bash him being gay. After the buzz went down, nobody has heard from them again.

Nobody cared about Nature Girl before now it's the worst thing Krakoa has done? Plus, bad writing usually gets ignored. Look at Emma killing all those Inhumans? Never got brought up again cause the story was so hated. XMEN Green sounds horrible bit it's also not important. Future writers can easily ignore this story ever happened (assuming they want her as a hero), or maybe they can save it and continue taking her down the villain girl but with better writing?

Kitty? Kate? The only big change with her is her name.

X-Men Green won't have any ramifications for anything unless a writer picks up the Nature Girl thread and does something really good with it. And then no-one will mind anyway.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Nature Girl?

Let's see.

1. Mute crush for Eyeboy eons ago.

2. Jail bait for Colossus in Age of Ass.

3. Bald nega-captain planet that stabs necks with scissors.

Hmm...
    Ithought it was eyeboy crushing on her not other way round

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Also not remotely destroyed but Cyclops being okay w/ crucible(painful murder of non-combatant innocents to give them their birthright) and w/ Jean having Logan on the side is definitely out of character.
    Cyclops was not shown to be okay with the Crucible, and he's also seeing Emma on the side.