Default Metro Man (Mega Mind) VS MCU

After a decade of inactivity, Metro Man takes on the MCU to see how well he’ll do.

MCU gets plenty of copper

This feels like a curbstomp thread. Because Metro Man is way, WAY too fast for the MCU to even perceive him if he goes all out.

And unfortunately, copper doesn't do anything to Metro Man. That was a lie so he could fake his own death and figure out what he wanted to do with his life, not what the world expected of him.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Pretty sure MCU has some speedsters, right?

Plus they have the infinity gems and Captain Marvel is pretty powerful on top of that

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    Pretty sure MCU has some speedsters, right?

Plus they have the infinity gems and Captain Marvel is pretty powerful on top of that
    The MCU has speedsters, yes. But Metro Man is at a level that he was able to leave Mega Mind's 'death trap', go over to Mega Mind's lair, look at him, then go and sit in a park having an existential crisis, go to the library to pick up self-help books, go to a dinner and READ those books, come to a realization, and return to Mega Mind's 'death trap' with none of the many, MANY people noticing he had even moved, much less did all of that. That's X-Men Quicksilver on PCP levels of speed.

And Captain Marvel is pretty powerful, but that means nothing when her opponent is fast enough to leave her as a statue while raining down low-level Class 100 punches on her.
    Last edited by The Dog; 11-22-2021 at 08:42 PM.
    Critics who treat adult as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.
    - C.S. Lewis

Megamind disguised as Metroman casually cut a skyscraper in half. He has that kind of crazy gadgets in his belt and Metroman still never had to consider him any real threat.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    And Captain Marvel is pretty powerful, but that means nothing when her opponent is fast enough to leave her as a statue while raining down low-level Class 100 punches on her.
    I don't disagree with the above assessment, but I'd quibble on this.

Based on everything we saw Titan do with the same powers, Metro Man doesn't have the strength feats to be anywhere near the Class 100 bracket. He's like Class 80 tops based on things that he did.

This doesn't change the outcome, he is wildly too fast for the MCU.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Dog View Post
    That's X-Men Quicksilver on PCP levels of speed.
    I thought the stereotype was PCP made you violent/ignore pain. I thought crack was the one that made you think you were going super-fast (or speed, I guess... An appropriate name for the effect).
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I thought the stereotype was PCP made you violent/ignore pain. I thought crack was the one that made you think you were going super-fast (or speed, I guess... An appropriate name for the effect).
    Angel Dust tends to make you think you've got super powers. If anything, you'd think Speed would be the 'go fast' stimulant.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    I don't disagree with the above assessment, but I'd quibble on this.

Based on everything we saw Titan do with the same powers, Metro Man doesn't have the strength feats to be anywhere near the Class 100 bracket. He's like Class 80 tops based on things that he did.

This doesn't change the outcome, he is wildly too fast for the MCU.
    Fair point to the strength, but it's still strong enough to **** up every character in the MCU.

Especially, as I said, when he's fast enough to do everything in this clip so fast NOONE watching even realized he'd left and did everything I said above (relevant scenes start at 1:24):

And I didn't mention it before, but Metro Man is fast enough to take the stones from whoever has them. Hell, he's fast enough to take the stones, leave, hide them, get lunch, and come back. If I'm not wrong, he's low-level Flash fast.
    Last edited by The Dog; 11-23-2021 at 04:57 PM.
    - C.S. Lewis