Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Destiny of X

From todays xmen monday
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Did they release today's piece already?

No they didnt release anything yet today, so we should be getting something soon if not later on the day. Seems like instead of teasers we’ll get a more concrete idea of what exactly Destiny of X is about and what we should expect in this new era.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Extraordinary Member

Thanks

Also this might be related to that

https://twitter.com/sispurrier/statu...31828610433026

Okay… LFG!!! I’m excited, but fully prepared to be let down too. I’m going into this like I went into the Falcons game yesterday… excited by the possibility of beating the Bucs, but also understanding that my desired outcome is a tall order. Fingers crossed.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I’m excited, but fully prepared to be let down too.
    Words to live by

They still seem convinced somehow that putting things on hold for a Ben Percy event is as exciting as doing it for Jonathan "Messiah" Hickman.

Honestly I think it was just to buy some time for this line-wide relaunch/revamp.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    They still seem convinced somehow that putting things on hold for a Ben Percy event is as exciting as doing it for Jonathan "Messiah" Hickman.
    And Hickman had the benefit that his run was promised to be completely different, following a series of horrible status quos (for 15 years) and a very badly received story that saw the entire Marvel universe being peak bleak for the mutants once again.

Hence why it seems like it managed to reactive a lot of lost readers interest into the line again.

Meanwhile what they now try to hype up is explicitly said to be "more of the same" and a reinforcement of the stauts quo which seems to have lost many of the previous reactivated buying readers again over the past 2 years and with the departure of Hickman as central figure.

It's like trying to sell an album by John Lennon and Yoko Ono as The White Album 2. Sure his fans are going to like it either way, but it's not going to draw the many fans who only liked the Beatles as group effort.

PS: I'm not trying to say HOX/POX is the comic version of The White Album. Merely using it as comparison.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Honestly I think it was just to buy some time for this line-wide relaunch/revamp.
    Yupp. As with HoX/PoX. Except we'll still be getting X-Men books, a Marauders Annual and delayed New Mutants...so it's not as though we won't have anything to read if we're not buying the Wolverine books.

Lack-lustre teasers aside, I'm interested to see what they'll be publishing next year Spring so I hope the announcement gives more than just thin, unseasoned gravy.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 12-06-2021 at 08:44 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Ooo. I like.

EDIT: This appears to be fanmade, but I'll wrap it in quotes and leave it up b/c it's pretty.
    Ali’s thicccc as a 2 piece and a biscuit.

Extraordinary Member

Supposedly Leah is getting a new book...

https://universoxmen.com.br/2021/12/...-x-e-lesbicas/
    Last edited by Spiderfan001; 12-06-2021 at 09:28 AM.

I could be wrong, but I think 'Destiny of X' is just the branding name of the X-Books line up that will be relaunching post-XLoW/XDoW.

After House of X / Powers of X, we had the 'Dawn of X' line of books from October 2019 to October 2020.
    After X of Swords, we had the 'Reign of X' line of books from December 2020 to December 2021.
    So presumably after X Lives of Wolverine / X Deaths of Wolverine, we will get the 'Destiny of X' line of books from April 2022 to early 2023.

If you follow this line of thinking, then instead of teasing an event, the teasers we got are teasing the books that will be part of the line up.
    The Wolverine teaser could be a Benjamin Percy Wolverine book that follows up and explores the ramifications of XLoW/XDoW.
    The Storm teaser could be the Al Ewing X-Men book (that is presumably a sequel to S.W.O.R.D.).
    The Sinister teaser could be the rumoured Kieron Gillen book.
    And so on...

So Si Spurrier could be teasing the announcement of a specific book in the new line-up (presumably one that involves Destiny) that could cause a lot of excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Thanks

Also this might be related to that

https://twitter.com/sispurrier/statu...31828610433026
    "Breaking the internet." Remember when Hellion got his telekinesis buffed and he kept accidentally breaking/exploding things?

Hellion event confirmed, baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Supposedly Leah is getting a new book...

https://universoxmen.com.br/2021/12/...-x-e-lesbicas/
    Lord let it be with xfactor team.... Please.