Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny of X

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think after X Lives & Deaths we are going to get a timeline split in the X-Line and we will have titles that focus on each Moira timeline.

It's going to correlate to Multiverse of Madness, Avengers Forever, and all that Metaverse crap

Marvel HIRE ME!
    Interesting theory... I dig it.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering we are about to have a "nothing gonna be the same again" storyline with Wolverine going through 10 different timelines, i'm not sure i would want another alternate timeline exploration story right afterwards. Feels kinda derivativ to me.

I would be more interested in a chunk of mutants (including named chracters) leaving Krakoa fully behind for the various reasons (including those voiced by readers/fans who feel uneasy or repulsed by the characterization and depiction of mutants under this "nation"), which includes revoking their ressurection protocol place, so we can have at least some part of the X-men and mutant stories again who aren't hostage to the Krakoa status quo, while retaining it for those readers who like it (for the time being).

Less chism and more diaspora/exile.

Now of course, this could still be a problem when someone likes a character but not the status quo or via versa and said character ends up on the "wrong" end. But at least it could still offer some potential for writers to do some other directions again.
    Very interesting idea and I'd be all for it. "Unity" has been such a big driver of Krakoa and the mutants so some fractioning done right would be entertaining imo.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As a Hope fan, I love how relevant she once again is after AvX served as her swan song
    Speaking of that, did Marvel forget about the six-minute war?

Fantastic Member

What?! Marvel remembered Hope? Nice to see her having a council seat. Even if it is alts or possible future. Give her some kind of development.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Sobbing and ready.
    Same here. Would love to see X-Verse give Storm some strong plot driven focus.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Good grief, trinary choice, we *get it*. The insanely unironic cheese is killing me, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering we are about to have a "nothing gonna be the same again" storyline with Wolverine going through 10 different timelines, i'm not sure i would want another alternate timeline exploration story right afterwards. Feels kinda derivativ to me.

I would be more interested in a chunk of mutants (including named chracters) leaving Krakoa fully behind for the various reasons (including those voiced by readers/fans who feel uneasy or repulsed by the characterization and depiction of mutants under this "nation"), which includes revoking their ressurection protocol place, so we can have at least some part of the X-men and mutant stories again who aren't hostage to the Krakoa status quo, while retaining it for those readers who like it (for the time being).

Less chism and more diaspora/exile.

Now of course, this could still be a problem when someone likes a character but not the status quo or via versa and said character ends up on the "wrong" end. But at least it could still offer some potential for writers to do some other directions again.
    Exactly ,every single mutant being stuffed on Krakoa is contrived ,even if writers want to paint mutantdom as one monolithic collective.The QC is a microcosm of intra mutant dynamics.Not all mutants have animus towards the world, not all mutants have cut their familial ties , and mutants even on Krakoa cannot stand other mutants so it would make sense that there are factions ,with some mutants making non Krakoa enclaves on earth that are autonomous or even linked with humanity in some form.Some people like Shaw for example are so obsessed with elitist 'trappings' that for me his presence on Krakoa is questionable, all his black market or other shady ventures are tied to Xavier's shell companies.Are we really to believe Shaw would be willing to remit all proceeds to Xavier? For a council seat to keep the peace maybe but I don't buy Shaw doing what he does for Krakoa ,when he can leverage more power from humanity on his own terms. Exodus too should be off the island,first of all he may be loyal to Krakoa but he too has it in his powers locker to resurrect the dead, so it's a perfect segue to have him for example break away from Krakoa once he finds out precogs are for whatever reason excluded from resurrection protocols.The Mystique story of appealing to Exodus' belief in providence or prophecy was perfect to let him resurrect Destiny and walk away from the council because he saw through Magneto's / Xavier's injustice.Anyway that ship has sailed but it could still be valid if the protocols with Onslaught infiltration are not trusted by Exodus or are done away entirely ,and he tells other mutants if Krakoa has discarded immortality as a mutant right..it has lost its way and he persists bestowing that right to his followers a la WS.The point is there is much richer story telling potential through 'diaspora' mutants.Selene is another mutant wasted in this regard.
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-03-2021 at 02:08 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    I think after X Lives & Deaths we are going to get a timeline split in the X-Line and we will have titles that focus on each Moira timeline.

It's going to correlate to Multiverse of Madness, Avengers Forever, and all that Metaverse crap

Marvel HIRE ME!
    God yes, that would be badass.Heck maybe they have versions from our timeline go into/trapped in previous ones as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    My bet is the universe is resetted when Moira dies, but she is depowered during her 11th life (maybe she gets so sick of her mutant allies that she gives up and uses her "cure" on herself in order to live a last normal life in peace) so we have a new timeline that is similar to the current one but without Moira interacting with mutants in any meaningful way (and hence, without Proteus).

There still be a Krakoa nation, but without supervillains, the Resurrection Protocols and the Crucible.

Legion, Destiny, Blindfold and maybe Wanda may remember Moira thanks to their powers.

Yeah, I think that's how it will be in the long term...
    Maybe, I can see that

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Yeah this got me hyped, No offense to Logan or Storm but they aren't getting me hyped as the front-runners of a new era(I dig that warlock one though)

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Hope with a stupidly oversized gun will always be the real Kid Cable.
    Amen

Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Diammandis View Post
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

So did Muller leave with Hickman? And marketing took over the font?

Ohhhh snap. This is getting more and more interesting.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I wonder if these are the headliners for the various unannounced books come March? Just a random collection of characters for Destiny of X? Or possibly the actual Immortal X-men team? Hmm…

The characters so far being shown are seemingly very important to Krakoa.
    You have Logan leader of Xforce, and with X lives and deaths I'm sure he’ll become an even major player in Krakoa afterwards.
    Storm, the Regent of Sol, Hope Summers who is the de-facto leader of the five, and then you have Mr. Sinister, who’s practically been a major player in this era since the beginning with him experimenting on Chimeras and such.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I wonder if these are the headliners for the various unannounced books come March? Just a random collection of characters for Destiny of X? Or possibly the actual Immortal X-men team? Hmm…
    I think these may be hints for different books.

I'm more excited now. Everything we knew of the future post Lives of Wolverine was the new Marauders and that X-men and New Mutants continue. The announcements were probably delayed because of the books being delayed as well. Seeing these characters highlighted in different situations is fun.