Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Destiny of X

This is terrible marketing.

Hope is so Fetch.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Ooo. I like.

EDIT: This appears to be fanmade, but I'll wrap it in quotes and leave it up b/c it's pretty.

Last edited by Mercury; 12-02-2021 at 02:55 PM.

Is this the X-Men brand of What If? stories since they have shown Miles/Gwen for the Spider-books.

I just read through the thread and loved the range of emotions from "no more Logan!" to "oOooOoOh this looks interesting."

I'm super intrigued. Imagine if the mutants get scattered into different timelines or something? Oof
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Saithor View Post
    Honestly at this point I wonder if my pet theory that they are secretly bringing in Jason Aaron to take over from Hickman would be an improvement.
    Delete your account right now. Every single X-Comic he has ever written has ranged from trash to absolute god awful trash.

Also, the hand-wringing over Wolverine is tiring. For the most popular character name me a single event in X-History where he was THE central character, especially compared to Cyclops and Jean. Even Schism was more about Cyclops than Wolverine.

Granted, the promo is both **** and uninspired. Why does Hope still even exist as a character?
    Last edited by OmegaStorm87; 12-02-2021 at 03:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Hope with a stupidly oversized gun will always be the real Kid Cable.
    No doubt. I could’ve accepted her as Nathan’s replacement more so than Kid Cable.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Usually Tom Muller designs a great logo for this, I wonder if he is stepping away as well

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Makes sense for the mutant messiah to be the new leader of mutantkind.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I just read through the thread and loved the range of emotions from "no more Logan!" to "oOooOoOh this looks interesting."

I'm super intrigued. Imagine if the mutants get scattered into different timelines or something? Oof
    Considering we are about to have a "nothing gonna be the same again" storyline with Wolverine going through 10 different timelines, i'm not sure i would want another alternate timeline exploration story right afterwards. Feels kinda derivativ to me.

I would be more interested in a chunk of mutants (including named chracters) leaving Krakoa fully behind for the various reasons (including those voiced by readers/fans who feel uneasy or repulsed by the characterization and depiction of mutants under this "nation"), which includes revoking their ressurection protocol place, so we can have at least some part of the X-men and mutant stories again who aren't hostage to the Krakoa status quo, while retaining it for those readers who like it (for the time being).

Less chism and more diaspora/exile.

Now of course, this could still be a problem when someone likes a character but not the status quo or via versa and said character ends up on the "wrong" end. But at least it could still offer some potential for writers to do some other directions again.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-02-2021 at 04:43 PM.

As a Hope fan, I love how relevant she once again is after AvX served as her swan song

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    As a Hope fan, I love how relevant she once again is after AvX served as her swan song
    It is nice. I do think this is going to be something like Destiny peering in on possible timelines or something like that....can't think of too many other things that make sense with this. Huh, here's a thought. Is Moira going to do something to mess with the precogs ability to nail down a specific timeline as a final insult to Destiny? Either that or it's a time travel plot.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I think after X Lives & Deaths we are going to get a timeline split in the X-Line and we will have titles that focus on each Moira timeline.

It's going to correlate to Multiverse of Madness, Avengers Forever, and all that Metaverse crap

Marvel HIRE ME!
    Last edited by charliehustle415; 12-02-2021 at 04:55 PM.

Hope nailing that Charles Xavier cosplay

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Considering we are about to have a "nothing gonna be the same again" storyline with Wolverine going through 10 different timelines, i'm not sure i would want another alternate timeline exploration story right afterwards. Feels kinda derivativ to me.

I would be more interested in a chunk of mutants (including named chracters) leaving Krakoa fully behind for the various reasons (including those voiced by readers/fans who feel uneasy or repulsed by the characterization and depiction of mutants under this "nation"), which includes revoking their ressurection protocol place, so we can have at least some part of the X-men and mutant stories again who aren't hostage to the Krakoa status quo, while retaining it for those readers who like it (for the time being).

Less chism and more diaspora/exile.

Now of course, this could still be a problem when someone likes a character but not the status quo or via versa and said character ends up on the "wrong" end. But at least it could still offer some potential for writers to do some other directions again.
    I’m VERY surprised we haven’t had an “Exiles” book yet that’s a group of Krakoan defectors.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I’m VERY surprised we haven’t had an “Exiles” book yet that’s a group of Krakoan defectors.
    Same here. The title was free and relatively well known as one for a X-men title. It would also have been quite natural for some characters to chose such a path (ala the Morlocks who decided to stay on their own albeit allied), or be forced on that path for a deed not bad enough for the pit, but too problematic to remain on the island.
    Last edited by Grunty; 12-02-2021 at 05:48 PM.