Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Destiny of X

I’m just teasing. Not being serious at all.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I figure these teasers are a "One of these is where the character depicted will end up"

The issue however is that besides Sinister and Hope, none of them present super interesting new storylines or are so devoid of context as to not matter.
    That's the thing...there is absolutely no context to any and all of this. And that's why I cannot get interested one way or another until I learn more.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

If we got rid of all derivative characters, we'd have HOW many characters left?
    My flag is bacon.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    We'd still have too many to feature prominently in 5-6 books.

The derivatives aren't even really popular outside of X-23, and Gabby has a noted love/hate thing going on. Just get rid of the rest of them.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Please don't, one of those people is enough. A character with derivative powers or origins can stand on their own with good writing. These boards are already toxic enough (lol)
    Criticism isnt toxicity. Comics have been stale over the last twenty years because they are reiterating old ideas. That's is why we only see the longtime comic readers and very few new comic book readers

BANNED

Heck when we see the general audience they have already become weary of Captain America hence Falcon and Winter Soldier didnt really have the synergy that MCU had. It's a common mentality.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vishop View Post
    Criticism isnt toxicity. Comics have been stale over the last twenty years because they are reiterating old ideas. That's is why we only see the longtime comic readers and very few new comic book readers
    except some don't criticize they just hate. They do not have anything of value to add to the charachters,They are just bitter their fave isn't an omega level mutant. So they infect every discussion about hope and try to make it's inhospitable to people discussing her. If you do not like derivatives that's your cup of tea but, they aren't inherently a bad thing, they can provide a new perspective on an old charachter without altering the original charachter and with good writing they can be even better than the original.
    Also comics especially xmen aren't stale especially in powers division the arakkii exist and the abilities they have are mind blowing to say the least. And dawn of x is literally revolutionary.

Just Logan...
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    Just Logan...

That wouldn't stop Marvel...
    My flag is bacon.

That wouldn't stop Marvel...
    I’d buy everything lol

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I’d buy everything lol
    Imagining a Logan book starring Logan in all the roles, even the love interest

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    well, they haven't tried to make Hope Summers happen for about 10 years or so.
    well there starting up again....unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    At least his love interest wouldn’t die lol.

Astonishing Member

Depends on where you draw the line for "deriviative characters"?

Direct immitation? Same exact powers? Same general powerset? Same general role?

Is Blink a derivative of Nightcrawler? Seeing how she is another teleporter with unnatural skin color (i know Nightcrawler has blue "fur" not skin color).
    Is Marrow a derivative of Wolverine? Seeing how she is another mutant with build in blade weapons and healing factor (i have actualy seen people proclaim her to be a "failed attempt at a female Wolverine").
    Is Emma Frost just a derivative of Living Diamonds? Seeing how she is just another psychic who can turn into a diamond form (I'm kidding).

So yeah joke aside, where do we draw the line for deriviatives?

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Huh huh Hrraaalp! Ptui!
    My flag is bacon.