Extraordinary Member

Default Samus Aran vs MCU Iron Man

Samus Aran, as of the end of MEtroid Dread, takes on tony Stark from the end of the MCU, using the same suit he did to fight Thanos in Endgame

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

The ice beam is really really powerful when you get down to it. Given the numerous humanish sized things that it can just flashfreeze solid, or freeze solid within a couple of shots in other cases, I think she can probably get Iron Man with it. The only ice problem he's solved is not anything close to that level of freezing.

Take that out of the equation and Nanosuit Iron Man is pretty durable and can stay out of range of any deadly grappling if this is Metroid-Samus. On the other hand, Metroid powers or not, she had the hyper beam through to the end, which packs a pretty heavy punch. She's pretty durable herself, and the screw attack takes care of most solid ammo. Taking any possible hyper beam or Metroid powers out of the equation, neither of them really wants to end up in melee for a bunch of reasons (Iron Man being really strong, and Samus being able to turn into a spinning buzz saw that chews cliffsides, steel, monsters, and bullets on a moment's notice), so this is probably a mid to long range battle of attrition. Both have ways to make themselves really hard to target or hit, both have ways to get around those ways. Both can last quite awhile. Samus has an unlimited main weapon that she can spam nonstop and goes through walls and shields and all sorts of things. Iron Man has taken bigger hits than her. They're both bad people in their own ways. It could be a fairly even match, really.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-23-2021 at 08:30 PM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Does she have any defenses against fiction-style super hacking?

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I mean her suit is some kind of alien tech mental construct that obeys her will and doesn't appear to be managed by a computer, so I'm not sure MCU Tony has feats for hacking it mid-combat.

Otherwise I think all her hacking feats are in Metroid Prime, which I'm not sure the canonicity on.
    Last edited by BitVyper; 11-24-2021 at 07:50 AM.
    I am a mighty wizard from magic lands

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I don't remember MCU Iron man doing a lot of ranged super hacking.
    Quote Originally Posted by BitVyper View Post
    I mean her suit is some kind of alien tech mental construct that obeys her will and doesn't appear to be managed by a computer, so I'm not sure MCU Tony has feats for hacking it mid-combat.

Otherwise I think all her hacking feats are in Metroid Prime, which I'm not sure the canonicity on.
    The Prime series is canon. This is verified by Ridley's apperance in Metroid: Samus Returns.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post

The Prime series is canon. This is verified by Ridley's apperance in Metroid: Samus Returns.
    Sakamoto also reaffirmed in a recent interview that Prime was a canon "sub-saga" to the main Metroid series.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Soul # 7 View Post
    Iron Man 2 had him hacking satellite camera feed of secured compounds from all around the world using just his smart phone.

Age of Ultron also had his suit's computer autonomously hold off Ultron from hacking ever nuclear facility on the planet and later from jumping into a new body... *BUT* that's not exactly a clean feat for Tony as he admits that developing an AI as advanced as JARVIS/Vision was an accident that he was never able to properly replicate. That said, her having alien tech that other space-faring civilizations are unable to replicate (not counting things like things like Phazon/the Ing/X-Parasite, which are more eldritch abominations doing eldritch things rather than actual hacking) is probably the biggest hinderance, but sci-fi hacking rarely ever takes that into account.

Spectacular Member

The second Prime game has an enemy, rezbits, that try to hack her suit. They were created by technological peers of the Chozo, so they'd have some understanding of the suit's design. The end result is that Samus has to reboot the suit, which takes maybe a second or two.

Probably not a fight-winning tactic by itself, although it could work as a distraction for something else.

As of her most current iteration via Fusion and Dread Samus's suit is seemingly more biological extension of herself at this point anyway

Also if she can physically touch Tony's suit it's over
    Last edited by Hiromi; 11-26-2021 at 02:53 PM.