Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

For those saying that Damian doesn't blame Bruce/isn't talking about City of bane, lets be clear. It doesn't matter Damian is speaking the truth.

The fact that he isn't blaming Bruce or referencing CoB makes it even worse. To him that is okay. He has yet to realise that his father let him take the fall for his actions. He is being punished for being a good partner and following his father's instructions to the letter.

I know Drake said Robin is batman's light but that doesn't mean absolving Batman's guilt for getting the man who raised him killed.

Normalising Abuse doesn't make it better.
    Turning it into a meme doesn't make it okay
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-24-2021 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But should the blame fall on Bruce or just on writers like Tom King who can't write Bruce as a semi-competent human being?
    The Blame falls on both. Bruce was written badly by King but since it is canon then that's who Bruce is until another writer retcons it or alters it to put the blame elsewhere. Which is what they tried to do with Alfred RIP by putting the blame on Damian. However they neglected to change issues 76 to 83 of King's Batman.

these characters are fictional and who they are is everything that DC approves as canon. That is their truth.

Bruce has being abusing kids in his care since Dick Grayson was Robin.
    Last edited by Fergus; 11-24-2021 at 10:04 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But should the blame fall on Bruce or just on writers like Tom King who can't write Bruce as a semi-competent human being?
    To be fair, in this case it's more like DiDio's fault. Alfred wasn't even supposed to die, it was his call, so they could set up 5G status quo.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    For those saying that Damian doesn't blame Bruce/isn't talking about City of bane, lets be clear. It doesn't matter Damian is speaking the truth.

The fact that he isn't blaming Bruce or referencing CoB makes it even worse. To him that is okay. He has yet to realise that his father let him take the fall for his actions. He is being punished for being a good partner and following his father's instructions to the letter.

I know Drake said Robin is batman's light but that doesn't mean absolving Batman's guilt for getting the man who raised him killed.

Normalising Abuse doesn't make it better.
    Turning it into a meme doesn't make it okay
    Your really underselling him time under Talia and ras
    He’s been taking abuse all his life physically mental and emotional

I guess it'll come down to how Williamson writes their dynamic since he's writing both Bruce and Damian's books now.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Morgoth View Post
    To be fair, in this case it's more like DiDio's fault. Alfred wasn't even supposed to die, it was his call, so they could set up 5G status quo.
    Didio, you say?

What a complete surprise...to someone somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Your really underselling him time under Talia and ras
    He’s been taking abuse all his life physically mental and emotional
    I really don't think Ra's had that much influence in his upbringing. He seems like he's been a very distant grandfather
    Last edited by Micael; 11-24-2021 at 03:58 PM.

That's a Plastic-Man sized stretch there.
    It's the Dynamic Duo! Batman and Robin!... and Red Robin and Red Hood and Nightwing and Batwoman and Batgirl and Orphan and Spoiler and Bluebird and Lark and Gotham Girl and Talon and Batwing and Huntress and Azreal and Flamebird and Batcow?

Since when could just anybody do what we trained to do? It makes it all dumb instead of special. Like it doesn't matter anymore.
    -Dick Grayson (Batman Inc.)

Is there more to this or am I just not reading this right? I'm not seeing where it points to Bruce as his abuser.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

My point is when he was talking about abuse he wasn't talking about Bruce or the City of Bane. He also doesn't think the abuse is something that he unfairly gets, because he literally said that it's a punishment for 'failing Alfred'. That is certainly not a fact and a truly miserable mindset for a young boy like him, but to blame it all to Bruce or City of Bane is just like some of people in here said, a reach, because we know that he already had this kind of mindset since long time ago. I'd say the scene is happened by the accumulation of City of Bane, his assassin childhood, and the absolute disaster that is Adam Glass Teen Titans since he also said about to be called a monster. Who knows, maybe he also somehow remembers what happened in LOSH
    Last edited by Light of Justice; 11-24-2021 at 05:58 PM.

You guys know they're not real people right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    You guys know they're not real people right?
    The way some people religiously hate Bruce I have to ask myself that question everyday.

Ignoring the leap in logic to justify this panel supposedly being about Bruce abusing Damian, I just love how Bruce doing anything wrong is always 100% on him. When any of the Batfamily are written in a way their fans don't like it's always 100% the writers and editorial's fault.

I can only imagine the mental gymnastics there'd be if Saint Damian, or any of the Batfam, consistently does truly abhorrent things in the future. They won't get the abusive ******* label Bruce has, whoever writes them that way will be called a hack and blamed for ruining them. They'll get none of the accountability Bruce is held to.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post

Damian Might Be the Biggest Victim of Batman
    With his Whole life I think that was including his LEAGUE OF ASSASINS LIFE too.

They made him suffer during MORE YEARS.

baumblume

Why did Bruce send Damian in to the city, which is being controlled by Bane? Even Batman himself, who has more skill and experience than Robin has been defeted and had his back broken by Bane, and has never managed to bring him down by himself, so why would he send a 13yo in alone. In context it made it seem like he was sending Damian in blindly, after receiving a signal, and nothing more, that Alfred was safe, since there's no way he would knowingly send one person in to a city being controlled by his rouge gallery. It makes Bruce look careless and reckless and Damian and Alfred are paying the price for it

I have no doubt that Damian is blaming himself for it. Not only that but I'm sure the rest of the family is too, since everyone seemed to think Damian was acting on his own accord and not on Bruce's orders, based off of Tim's reaction to Damian heading into the city.

Honestly, I'm just so tired of the Bane plot line. It's a mess and nobody is handling it well. It just seems like Tom King just wants to focus on a tragic romance story between Bruce and Selina, without acknowledging or developing Bruce's relationships with anyone else. Which is why we have him hitting Tim, and sending his son to face off with Bane at the price of Alfred's life. With the amount of loss Bruce has suffered in his life, he would not willingly risk the life of those he cares about

Damian is Robin. Bruce had Damian do Robin things. That’s what it is to be Robin. Which as a concept has been widely accepted.