Quote Originally Posted by The True Detective View Post
The way some people religiously hate Bruce I have to ask myself that question everyday.

Ignoring the leap in logic to justify this panel supposedly being about Bruce abusing Damian, I just love how Bruce doing anything wrong is always 100% on him. When any of the Batfamily are written in a way their fans don't like it's always 100% the writers and editorial's fault.

I can only imagine the mental gymnastics there'd be if Saint Damian, or any of the Batfam, consistently does truly abhorrent things in the future. They won't get the abusive asshole label Bruce has, whoever writes them that way will be called a hack and blamed for ruining them. They'll get none of the accountability Bruce is held to.
The huge and important difference between Bruce messing up in canon and batfamily members messing up in canon is that DC seemingly hates Bruce ever facing any serious consequences for his actions while the other characters do get punished by DC. That is what makes fans so mad and why they are so defensive of their faves. You are confusing fans of the batfam wanting to see Bruce being held accountable with DC actually holding Bruce accountable in their stories when it's not the same.

When there is backlash to what a writer has Bruce do in canon, like when he sent Damian to Gotham alone during City of Bane, when he beat up Dick for wanting to tell the rest of the family he survived the events of Forever Evil or when he punched Tim in the face, then there are usually two things that can happen. 1) The incident is ignored alltogether and nobody seems to hold a grudge against Bruce or he gets called out in one panel and then everyone magically moves on forever or 2) we get a weird excuse for Bruce's behaviour (punch code) or another character takes the blame and gets punished for what Bruce did (Dick gets insulted and punched for not telling the rest about being alive, no character ever truly corrects Damian when he says he's at fault for Alfred's death)
DC has at no point after City of Bane made it clear that Damian truly isn't at fault and that it was Bruce's plan that was flawed. Neither Pennyworth RIP, nor Tomasi's last arc on Tec nor Robin has made that clear for the reader, leading to a lot of people actually blaming Damian for Alfred being dead because they didn't read City of Bane or didn't read it properly.

At the end of the day Bruce will always be treated as a hero by DC. Damian doesn't have the same luxury, just look at the last Teen Titans run and their plans for 5G.