Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    baumblume

Default Robin 8 refers to Bruces child abuse in city of bane.

Damian Might Be the Biggest Victim of Batman

K, so that was bad but I don't think it was that one specific incident he was referring to. Given how Damian still feels about that whole situation, I don't think there was any correlation to what he said and...that particular incident. He still very much believes Alfred's death was on himself and not Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post

That certainly puts him up there. There's that, and then Bruce tricking Jason into going to the place he died in order to trigger Jason's PTSD. Not to help Jason in some twisted way, but to "bring his son back" (Damian). So, not only traumatizing Jason, but disregarding him as a son altogether.

So, yeah. Bruce has some pretty messed up crap to answer for.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    K, so that was bad but I don't think it was that one specific incident he was referring to. Given how Damian still feels about that whole situation, I don't think there was any correlation to what he said and...that particular incident. He still very much believes Alfred's death was on himself and not Bruce.
    Yes he said his whole life, while Alfred death lies heavy on his shoulder it Proably has less to do with Bruce then his own guilt. And as far as abuse. His first robin series went over the training and tasks he was forced to complete before the age of ten. Bruce has really only been around for Damian about 2 years and it’s been mostly good compared to the league of assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    That certainly puts him up there. There's that, and then Bruce tricking Jason into going to the place he died in order to trigger Jason's PTSD. Not to help Jason in some twisted way, but to "bring his son back" (Damian). So, not only traumatizing Jason, but disregarding him as a son altogether.

Jason is like 40. He’s not a child anymore. Bruce might have stuff to answer for, but that doesn’t even register lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    K, so that was bad but I don't think it was that one specific incident he was referring to. Given how Damian still feels about that whole situation, I don't think there was any correlation to what he said and...that particular incident. He still very much believes Alfred's death was on himself and not Bruce .
    Which is diabolical. The fact that Bruce knows that. Heard him say that. Knows the truth. And let him go on believing that.

Damian's words here echo Bruce's mindset in Alfred RIP. Damian's taken abuse his whole life, why stop now? He can take the blame and my guilt for Alfred death.

Bruce is a cruel man especially to the kids in his care.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Jason is like 40. He’s not a child anymore. Bruce might have stuff to answer for, but that doesn’t even register lol.
    Yeah. Fans need to stop making excuses for Jason. Jason has been traumatised [they all have] Jason is also a man who didn't hesitate to traumatise and blame a 13 year old for something he didn't do.

Jason also blamed Damian for Alfred's death.

making Jason telling Damian Alfred's death was his fault especially evil. Damian was 13 a couple of years younger than Jason was when he died.

That is messed up. What kind of person does that to child?

Quote Originally Posted by baumblume View Post

This is heart breaking.

THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Yeah I'm gonna have to agree. What Bruce did was fucked up but you really gotta stretch to believe that that's what Damian was referring to more than anything else. Pretty sure when he said his whole life, he meant....his whole life. Not one very specific incident in his life that he probably doesn't even consider to be abuse.

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

I don't think he blamed Bruce there. Nor even quotes Jason's words. He said that he failed someone (Alfred) because he was not good enough. This means that in his mind the mission itself is not a mistake but he was supposed to do better at the mission to save Alfred. Granted he was place in a position that prevent him to do anything but we know how hard Damian takes a failure (himself or the others).

Regarding abuse, he was more abused by LoA than Bruce and I doubt Damian sees it as a bad thing since he's so unconcerned regarding that (and the prospect of receiving more of it).

People really misconstrued what I was saying. Only meant that Bruce has a history of being a jackass to his kids. But sure, make it seem like I was making excuses.

People really misconstrued what I was saying. Only meant that Bruce has a history of being a jackass to his kids. But sure, make it seem like I was making excuses.
    But should the blame fall on Bruce or just on writers like Tom King who can't write Bruce as a semi-competent human being?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    But should the blame fall on Bruce or just on writers like Tom King who can't write Bruce as a semi-competent human being?
    This is my stance on it.