Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 299
  1. #241
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,821

    Default

    Huh. So the unironic defense of Telepathic Privilege over the Sanctity of the Electoral Process, then. Fair enough. (Mock) Battle lines have been drawn. Don 't say we didn't we didn't warn you once Gabby start crying over Jean beating up Captain Democracy or whatever.

  2. #242
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Criticizing telepaths for reading minds is such a flatscan thing to do...uff, I expected more from you people. Human standards for ethics really don't apply here.

    Mutants only overcame mortality because of telepaths. So you better bow down to them & show respect!

    New improved Quiet Council should be: Xavier, Jean, Emma, Selene, Exodus, Stepford Cuckoos, Quentin, Psylocke, Legion, Kwannon!
    ????? XD

    WTF .... of course we ignore the 5 that without them there would be no resurrection process (which in reality with an alters reality more powerful than Proteus, type Jamie or MR x nor would the others be necessary) in addition to the protocols of Resurrection seems absurd to me and that they take away emotion from the stories, said protocols should never have appeared in the first place, and I hope they will soon disappear, that they will eventually.

  3. #243

    Default

    The resurrection protocols would not function without Goldballs.

    #IStandWithBallsofGold

  4. #244
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,192

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    ????? XD

    WTF .... of course we ignore the 5 that without them there would be no resurrection process (which in reality with an alters reality more powerful than Proteus, type Jamie or MR x nor would the others be necessary) in addition to the protocols of Resurrection seems absurd to me and that they take away emotion from the stories, said protocols should never have appeared in the first place, and I hope they will soon disappear, that they will eventually.
    I mean it's not the resurrection protocol fault that you can't get emotionally invested in the characters. Their are plenty of people who are pro RP that are still very much emotionally invested in the X-Characters and the storylines.

  5. #245
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    The resurrection protocols would not function without Goldballs.

    #IStandWithBallsofGold
    Yeah. Exactly they would not work without it, and without the rest of the 5, theoretically (I say theoretically because there are mutants that logically can replace some of them) so I quote that giving more credit to telepaths than they have is ridiculous, and in all If the credit in addition to "the 5 "would be Cerebro, a machine that keeps a backup copy of the memories of the mutants. Which by the way those resurrection protocols seem very far-fetched to me, you have Proteus there who is an realitywarper, although he is very limited and the least powerful in his class, I also don't think that if you enhance it with Fabián Cortez or with Hope, I could not do a resurrection by itself, and without the need for Cerebro.

    And I insist when you have people like Mr. X, Jim MAD Jasper, or Jamie Bradoock, the resurrection protocols seem absurd, any of those three have made successful resurrections by themselves, AND REAL NO CLONES, which I insist is what They are still that Karkoa CLONES resurrection protocol.


    Using " The 5 "more Cerebro and Xavier seems so stupid to me when Jamie Bradoock can do this alone and much better than them lol, but ask Betsy XD.

  6. #246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Yeah. Exactly they would not work without it, and without the rest of the 5, theoretically (I say theoretically because there are mutants that logically can replace some of them) so I quote that giving more credit to telepaths than they have is ridiculous, and in all If the credit in addition to "the 5 "would be Cerebro, a machine that keeps a backup copy of the memories of the mutants. Which by the way those resurrection protocols seem very far-fetched to me, you have Proteus there who is an realitywarper, although he is very limited and the least powerful in his class, I also don't think that if you enhance it with Fabián Cortez or with Hope, I could not do a resurrection by itself, and without the need for Cerebro.

    And I insist when you have people like Mr. X, Jim MAD Jasper, or Jamie Bradoock, the resurrection protocols seem absurd, any of those three have made successful resurrections by themselves, AND REAL NO CLONES, which I insist is what They are still that Karkoa CLONES resurrection protocol.


    Using " The 5 "more Cerebro and Xavier seems so stupid to me when Jamie Bradoock can do this alone and much better than them lol, but ask Betsy XD.
    Yeah but should they really trust Jamie with the resurrection of millions of mutants? That dude doesn't need anymore of a power trip.
    Boop! Krakoa forever!

  7. #247
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah but should they really trust Jamie with the resurrection of millions of mutants? That dude doesn't need anymore of a power trip.
    Obviously not, but... how should they not trust Proteus, for example, that from history it is known that he is a thousand times worse human than Jamie, and there you have Proteus as part of the 5.


    Just name that, because the protocols are very elaborate, when you have at least two mutants that alone could do that job and much better.
    But as I said, I am one of the supporters that those resurrection protocols must disappear as soon as possible.


  8. #248
    Invincible Member numberthirty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    22,172

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sylarmax View Post
    Obviously not, but... how should they not trust Proteus, for example, that from history it is known that he is a thousand times worse human than Jamie, and there you have Proteus as part of the 5.


    Just name that, because the protocols are very elaborate, when you have at least two mutants that alone could do that job and much better.
    But as I said, I am one of the supporters that those resurrection protocols must disappear as soon as possible.

    With good(not to mention, pretty obvious...) reason.

  9. #249
    Astonishing Member mugiwara's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Criticizing telepaths for reading minds is such a flatscan thing to do...uff, I expected more from you people. Human standards for ethics really don't apply here.

    Mutants only overcame mortality because of telepaths. So you better bow down to them & show respect!

    New improved Quiet Council should be: Xavier, Jean, Emma, Selene, Exodus, Stepford Cuckoos, Quentin, Psylocke, Legion, Kwannon!
    What's next? Criticizing a mutant with X-ray vision for peepping under people's clothes?

    What telepaths are doing is even worse. People like Jean are perverts who are invading the most private part of a human being.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

  10. #250
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    People like Jean are perverts who are invading the most private part of a human being.
    A perverted telepath would be one who psychically floods a teenager with sex scenes.

    Anyway, someone reminded me of this scene. Interesting.



    Link: https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...en-vote-winner
    Last edited by Mercury; 11-27-2021 at 05:06 PM.

  11. #251
    Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,821

    Default

    I'd actually forgotten Jean's election meddling made a liar out of Sean Cassidy of all people, lol. Ouch.

    Anyway. Since the "Do telepaths have the right to covertly alter the electorate's perception of events because they possess privileged information and are emotionally involved in the election's outcome, leave Jean alone" debate isn't going anywhere due to telepath privilege/entitlement being sacred or whatever, I figured we could discuss Jean's future as a cult leader.

    I mean, Lorna came off as meek, apologetic and basically ended up praising/thanking Jean for taking away her (Lorna's) decisional power. That's really, really, *reeeaaally* impressive. We're talking PhD in Sociopathic Master Manipulation, here. Xavier himself would be impressed. Kind of jealous, too.

  12. #252
    Extraordinary Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Posts
    6,190

    Default

    I'm not talking about if what Jean did was right or wrong morally, but I heavily dislike when writers make outcomes of such morally questionable decisions an absolute positive in the comic.The Bobby was one such case, there's no negative ramifications to that breach of privacy.

    It just seems like the writer covering his own butt, one can't contend or think she did something wrong because it didn't have any bad outcome.Even though we know the writer handled it poorly it works out anyway.

    It's the "consequences justify the action" thing, no negative ramifications means there's not much point in the debate.Does that make sense?

    (Btw I'm not saying that decision should have been negative.I'd just like to see that and other cases like that shine a light on both Positive and Negative consequences in the future)

  13. #253
    Mighty Member Sylarmax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm not talking about if what Jean did was right or wrong morally, but I heavily dislike when writers make outcomes of such morally questionable decisions an absolute positive in the comic.The Bobby was one such case, there's no negative ramifications to that breach of privacy.

    It just seems like the writer covering his own butt, one can't contend or think she did something wrong because it didn't have any bad outcome.Even though we know the writer handled it poorly it works out anyway.

    It's the "consequences justify the action" thing, no negative ramifications means there's not much point in the debate.Does that make sense?

    (Btw I'm not saying that decision should have been negative.I'd just like to see that and other cases like that shine a light on both Positive and Negative consequences in the future)
    Completely agree, whether or not her powers are wrong and those who defend her are very hypocritical and double standards, just because their favorite characters are x or y is telepath, but they are the same ones who consider it an abuse that Rogue uses her powers to take powers or information without permission of an enemy WTF and they have even branded her as a predator XD.

    But if the telepath does it in turn (if it is a mental violation what they do most of the time) let's look the other way, no problem lol.

  14. #254
    Mighty Member jpmst17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,298

    Default

    For me, this series has been the definition of mediocre. Cyclops is almost non-existent, X-23 pretty much does nothing, Shiro is a side character. Duggan's issues are also kind of dull. Really, the only exciting thing has been the Ben Urich stuff. I hope this series turns around soon

  15. #255
    Jean Grey Scholar Mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2021
    Location
    My mind.
    Posts
    3,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I'm not talking about if what Jean did was right or wrong morally, but I heavily dislike when writers make outcomes of such morally questionable decisions an absolute positive in the comic.The Bobby was one such case, there's no negative ramifications to that breach of privacy.

    It just seems like the writer covering his own butt, one can't contend or think she did something wrong because it didn't have any bad outcome.Even though we know the writer handled it poorly it works out anyway.

    It's the "consequences justify the action" thing, no negative ramifications means there's not much point in the debate.Does that make sense?

    (Btw I'm not saying that decision should have been negative.I'd just like to see that and other cases like that shine a light on both Positive and Negative consequences in the future)
    Bobby admonished Jean twice for telling him in private that she new he was gay. What other bad outcome or negative consequence would you have liked to see?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •