Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

I thought it was a large coconut.

Tbh I kinda wish one of the homeless people just started ****-talking the X-Men and ask them why they don't just transport some of the homeless to their island, where they could be safe and cared for. The X-Men have plenty of good reasons why they can't do that, of course. It isn't feasible and carries way too many risks for everyone involved. But from an outside perspective, giving out food and blankets seems like minimal effort, especially since they already take in hard-luck people based on their genetics.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Uhh what is that Ev is holding?
    Soon as I saw that panel I wondered the same thing.

The stories being told every issue aren't really bad, they're just really shallow. It reminds me of Jason Aaron's Avengers; all flash and no substance. It doesn't help that so many of the X comics coming out right now just don't have anything going on, and some like SWORD barely have a plot at all. I just kind of want something more.

It doesn't help that all of these issues are coming out at the same time as Inferno, which makes the rest of the entire X line feel superfluous. But that was a problem since HoXPoX.

Yeah. Feels like the line is treading water until the relaunch after Inferno and XLoW/XDoW honestly. Either treading water or wrapping up, as in the case of S.W.O.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The stories being told every issue aren't really bad, they're just really shallow. It reminds me of Jason Aaron's Avengers; all flash and no substance.
    That is literally the nicest thing anyone has ever said about Aaron's book.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That is literally the nicest thing anyone has ever said about Aaron's book.
    I hate Aaron's writing, but I will say he's at least enthusiastic about it. His stories just have all the depth of a kid smashing action figures together. I needed more to keep reading.

What have the sales of the books been like recently?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    The stories being told every issue aren't really bad, they're just really shallow. It reminds me of Jason Aaron's Avengers; all flash and no substance. It doesn't help that so many of the X comics coming out right now just don't have anything going on, and some like SWORD barely have a plot at all. I just kind of want something more.

It doesn't help that all of these issues are coming out at the same time as Inferno, which makes the rest of the entire X line feel superfluous. But that was a problem since HoXPoX.
    yea the events of this era haven't been great for the rest of the books pacing wise. x of swords brought a lot of the books to a halt so it could do its story for two months and then everyone had to tell their stories in-between that and the hellfire gala which meant a lot of plots were quite slow and not really moving forward and now almost everyone's treading water until the end with a few exceptions who are in the rap up phase. the only one who managed to avoid this is zeb wells on hellions and its shows with how good his book is
    Last edited by carmoc1234; 11-25-2021 at 11:09 AM.

All in all Reign of X wasn’t as good as Dawn of X. At least IMO. Hoping for a better overall effort in the Destiny of X era coming next.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I was actually pleased and entertained with the few RoX books I'm buying (I make it a habit to never buy/read books I hate/have absolutely no interest in) and once Inferno is done I'm really looking forward to seeing just how they streamline the X-line in Spring 2022
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

The Red Dragon

I had to go back and look and sure enough there was another artist that worked in this issue other than Pena. I thought the Hellfire Gala flashback was kind of sloppy looking compared to the rest of the book so it was probably done by the other artist.

I wonder if this was a deliberate choice or did something change that required art changes.

One last thing I will add to the Jean and Lorna ish...

She didn't just impose herself into Lorna's mind.
    At the time she was telepathically connected to every mutant in the world...relaying the candidates and their reasons for running to everyone else, who all then voted and made their choices...telepathically. All in the space of a few minutes.

That was an awesome feat in and of itself.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I had to go back and look and sure enough there was another artist that worked in this issue other than Pena. I thought the Hellfire Gala flashback was kind of sloppy looking compared to the rest of the book so it was probably done by the other artist.

I wonder if this was a deliberate choice or did something change that required art changes.
    That artist was Ze Carlos. As to why...? Perhaps Javier Pina was a little pressed for time?

The Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    One last thing I will add to the Jean and Lorna ish...

She didn't just impose herself into Lorna's mind.
    At the time she was telepathically connected to every mutant in the world...relaying the candidates and their reasons for running to everyone else, who all then voted and made their choices...telepathically. All in the space of a few minutes.

That was an awesome feat in and of itself.
    Agree. It’s not entirely right or wrong what Jean did, but that’s what makes it interesting. It’s up for interpretation/debate.

I personally feel this is comparable to if a friend really wants this new job but is unsure of themselves so at the last minute they decided not to apply.

Except in this case Jean knew exactly what Polaris really wanted via telepathy. The whole point of the election was to be honest, but Polaris wasn’t being honest with herself. Jean as a telepath saw the truth of what Lorna really wanted and basically had her throw her hat in the ring.

It’s not like Jean influenced the vote in favor of her.
    Last edited by Tank; 11-25-2021 at 12:18 PM.

Exactatiously.

She knew what EVERYONE was thinking as they thought it.
    She knew Lorna's initial thought and the split second she changed her mind...and decided to relay the initial thought instead to the voters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tank View Post
    I personally feel this is comparable to if a friend really wants this new job but is unsure of themselves so at the last minute they decided not to apply.
    Good analogy. Friend A decides not to apply but leaves their resume and application lying around for their Friend B, who knows the location or website of the company, to find, and they submit both on behalf of their Friend A, resulting in the latter getting called for an interview and/or immediately hired.