Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I get the idea of telepaths constantly being tempted not to meddle with peoples' heads. But there's just never consequences for them doing so. Can't really call it flirting with the dark side or something similar if even the 'good' ones do it casually and constantly, and other 'good' characters don't do anything about it. Someone usually wags their finger at them, but they rarely face actual consequences. The blase way they mess with people and peak into their most private thoughts is terrifying. And that "I know you better than you do so I'll 'fix' what you're doing" is the same kind of BS that quickly made Xavier into the jerk we all hate.

Its one of those "with great power comes great responsibility" things for me. Its like, you know this is exactly the kind of reason people are afraid of you and hate you, right?
    i think it doesnt get called out due to the fact that telepaths are so tied to the x men in general. looking outside the x line telepaths are very scare in marvel, and no one else wants to call out the x men because its punching down. its clearly a bad thing, but because a minority group that gets a new genocide every few years is the one involved, no writer wants to call it out for what it is

Criticizing telepaths for reading minds is such a flatscan thing to do...uff, I expected more from you people. Human standards for ethics really don't apply here.

Mutants only overcame mortality because of telepaths. So you better bow down to them & show respect!

New improved Quiet Council should be: Xavier, Jean, Emma, Selene, Exodus, Stepford Cuckoos, Quentin, Psylocke, Legion, Kwannon!
    Last edited by Exodus; 11-26-2021 at 07:18 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I meant all of it, not you or anyone else in particular.Then again this is what makes these forums fun

Also what is that gif lmfao

Sounds like something a Telepath would make you say...
    Judge Judy putting Selene to shame

I initially posted I thought Jean's decision was a slippery slope, but then I realized I did this with a former student. I'm an art teacher and he's a fantastic artist. He had an audition for a great arts-based high school here in Philly. His mom called me and said he didn't go to the audition. I spoke to him and he said not only did he not go to the audition, but he never even completed the required portfolio b/c he was scared and doubted himself.
    I told his mom to call the school and reschedule the audition. I made him sit in my classroom for two days and complete the portfolio. He did it and was admitted to the school.
    He e-mailed me later and thanked me because he actually loves the school. We still keep in touch and he's happy at the school.
    So, I guess I did the equivalent of what Jean did. I'm not a telepath, but I used my power to push his first instinct after his second thought was one of self-doubt.
    Mutant and Proud!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I initially posted I thought Jean's decision was a slippery slope, but then I realized I did this with a former student. I'm an art teacher and he's a fantastic artist. He had an audition for a great arts-based high school here in Philly. His mom called me and said he didn't go to the audition. I spoke to him and he said not only did he not go to the audition, but he never even completed the required portfolio b/c he was scared and doubted himself.
    I told his mom to call the school and reschedule the audition. I made him sit in my classroom for two days and complete the portfolio. He did it and was admitted to the school.
    He e-mailed me later and thanked me because he actually loves the school. We still keep in touch and he's happy at the school.
    So, I guess I did the equivalent of what Jean did. I'm not a telepath, but I used my power to push his first instinct after his second thought was one of self-doubt.
    In some point we are that friend who is pushing other to do what this person really want to do but it's afraid of.
    Sometimes we are also the one who needs to be pushed.
    Apparently in this thread friendship is a bad thing.
    Last edited by Dam; 11-26-2021 at 09:34 AM.

#IStandWithTelepaths

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    Criticizing telepaths for reading minds is such a flatscan thing to do...uff, I expected more from you people. Human standards for ethics really don't apply here.

Mutants only overcame mortality because of telepaths. So you better bow down to them & show respect!

New improved Quiet Council should be: Xavier, Jean, Emma, Selene, Exodus, Stepford Cuckoos, Quentin, Psylocke, Legion, Kwannon!
    There should be an Illuminati-esque second council of just telepaths for the drama.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dam View Post
    In some point we are that friend who is pushing other to do what this person really want to do but it's afraid of.
    Sometimes we are also the one who needs to be pushed.
    Apparently in this thread friendship is a bad thing.
    Reasoning or rationalising on a case by case is fine ,but that is a nice example,what Jean did with Scott in HCT is the not so nice example she went against his emotions by willing him to love a telepathic manipulator like Emma even when that was not on his mind. With this how can we be sure Jean is not stepfording people around her? Not everything has to be on panel to say she did it here but not there.Even if Polaris had doubts, that is a natural emotion.Jean was basically hijacking someone's natural individuality and free will to make and unmake or countermand any given decision in the moment. That's just wrong and besides this thought if read by Jean in the moment could lack the context of why Polaris doubted herself.This is not a mother talking to a child, but a fully grown woman talking to another adult.Polaris could have had actual reasons to question herself despite wanting the role. The deeper I look at it, the worse it looks.

Sounds like something a Telepath would make you say...
    A telepath wouldn't say anything, they could just think it.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    A telepath wouldn't say anything, they could just think it.
    I said make you say as in she's controlling all the people who are saying IstandwithTelepaths

No one expects the telepath inquisition.

I said make you say as in she's controlling all the people who are saying IstandwithTelepaths
    That's ridiculous. Telepaths can't make you say things like that. If they could, they wouldn't put up with your posts. So stop complaining and #stand with the telepaths, flatscan.

Side-note: Emma was so hot in that one panel. I would stand with her.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    That's ridiculous. Telepaths can't make you say things like that. If they could, they wouldn't put up with your posts. So stop complaining and #stand with the telepaths, flatscan.

Side-note: Emma was so hot in that one panel. I would stand with her.
    They got you too huh

Didn’t Jean Grey make a bunch of people poop their pants?

Making someone say something is probably way easier?

#IStandWithTelepaths

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post

They don't even need a table. Every meeting can be done in the Astral Plane, and take a few seconds. The level of efficiency.