Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Definitely agree with you. I know Lorna fans have been waiting for a writer to make a connection back to her Genosha days, but it seems like that's wishful thinking atp. At the end of the day I still like the characterization of Lorna here, but every writer isn't an Ewing who can easily tie-in old continuity to new stories.

I like that Laura at least expressed some discomfort with being used by Lorna, but still hoping to see more from her in this run.

The voting stuff was iffy to me. Jean's heart is in the right place but you really shouldn't meddle with what's supposed to be a fair vote in any way. Also Lorna's melancholy is vague enough that it could just be self-doubt or it could be something deeper like an actual depressive episode. If it's the later I do think it's inappropriate for Jean to be like "what's best for you is joining my super hero team."
    To be fair, all Jean did was throw Lorna in the race, which is what she wanted to do to begin with before second-guessing herself. Jean didn't manipulate all of the mutants on Earth and S.W.O.R.D. to vote for her, which would have constituted meddling with a fair vote. Furthermore, Lorna could have reasserted her second impulse - i.e., to not join the team - at any moment.

I do understand people objecting to what Jean did, though.

Jean being Jeen. I've missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex. View Post
    Haha!! I love that!!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Covetous_One View Post
    What Urich did wasn’t an ultimatum he basically said the truth that he and their enemies know about the resurrections just not the how.
    I can see that. I'm a hardcore Cyclops fan and I don't like being talking to him any type of way. LOL!
    Mutant and Proud!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I like that Laura at least expressed some discomfort with being used by Lorna, but still hoping to see more from her in this run.
    Yeah, it's good that she said something and Lorna apologized, but I hated her joking when she regained consciousness. I don't expect the same reaction as in Avengers Academy, where was also a betrayal, but I want more then I got, if she's to be written in character.

I feel like Duggan decided that Vault is beginning of her story, and it's the only thing that matters. See here, she was more concerned about not knowing what happened when she was unconscious (because omg, memory, she's Wolverine, right guys?), then that Lorna was using her.
    I hope next issue resolves Wol/Synch thing, and we can move on.

Lorna/Jean was great, just hope next time beside lurking in her head Jean shrugs Lorna.

Actually, Jean being Jean.

This from 1986. That time 'Ro made Jean do a horizontal Marilyn Monroe, lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneTitan View Post
    I can see that. I'm a hardcore Cyclops fan and I don't like being talking to him any type of way. LOL!
    Well by the looks of it and what I can assume is attempted misdirection. You may be a Captain Krakoa fan next issue.
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    To be fair, all Jean did was throw Lorna in the race, which is what she wanted to do to begin with before second-guessing herself. Jean didn't manipulate all of the mutants on Earth and S.W.O.R.D. to vote for her, which would have constituted meddling with a fair vote. Furthermore, Lorna could have reasserted her second impulse - i.e., to not join the team - at any moment.

I do understand people objecting to what Jean did, though.
    Agree that Jean didn't do anything as amoral as changing people's minds, but it seems like the candidates "speeches" were the only deciding factor that would impact people voting for them (and previous popularity). There was no campaigning beforehand, so changing the one thing that Lorna psychically said to the voters does impact the votes. I'm sure those that lost out on this opportunity would feel some type of way about it. Again not a huge deal, but like I said a lil iffy.

Also wanna clarify this is pretty nitpicky! Overall was another solid entry and I'm glad Duggan is following through on giving every character a focus issue.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 11-24-2021 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I enjoyed this. A lot of things coming together, while expanding on Lorna's character.

Continue to love the way Duggan writes Lorna, and it's really refreshing to see a writer trying with Lorna. It was nice seeing Lorna flex her power here too. Blocking that radiation, and taking care of that reactor was nice. Also love the EM sight thing. A great reference to a feat Lorna's done in the past.

However, I do wish Duggan could have connected the way Lorna was feeling to her own character history. Williams had that problem too where she would just mention all these things Polaris was feeling, but it had no connection Lorna's journey as a character. Linking Lorna's personal experiences to explain why she's feeling the way she is would make this issue much stronger. I also wish her motivation was deeper.

As a big Polaris and Jean fan, I adored seeing them interacting in an actual significant way. Hopefully we continue to see these two get moments together.
    There is a great deal to like about this story. The scenes with Jean were strong. There are a lot of parallels to Xavier and Mags with their conversations over time, but with a different history and personality between them. The power usage was good, the doctor jokes and the scenes at the nuclear plant were good. The battle was fun. I wouldn't have minded if the story played up the conflict with Laura, but I am fine it didn't too.

What was lacking I do agree was a motivational connection between Lorna's history and what she is doing now.

Javier Pina was a strong replacement pen for Larraz as well.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-24-2021 at 08:30 AM.

I've missed too
    She's not wrong, if she's wrong she was trying to get it right

Quote Originally Posted by AppleJ View Post
    Soooo ... Rogue is basically absent from her own team book yet again? Does she appear at all?
    No, but the characters who did appear kept asking "Where's Rogue?".

The Red Dragon

Exactly. I liked what she did in this issue.

Jean doesnt always do the right thing. I personally feel what she did with Polaris not a wrong thing though.

But some fans are so against it. So disappointing…

See this is why we cant have a well rounded Jean Grey, people flip their lids if she does something that could be interpreted as wrong. Jean’s not a saint and I don’t want her to be one. Those putting her on a pedestal is a huge disservice to her character and is severely limiting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    No, but the characters who did appear kept asking "Where's Rogue?".
    She helped Polaris throw something into the sun. Unfortunately, she died on the way back to her home planet.
    2024: The Year of Hellion

The Urich part is very IC. He did the same to Matt back in the Miller days.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Lorna was the focus of this book. I think it's ok given that Rogue has done more of note in the previous 4 issues than her entire Howard Excalibur run. I am sure there will be good things for her down the line, but this was a good issue for Lorna to get some shine. It will be ok.
    Lol hell no, Rogue don't had nothing before, this book for now is only Jean and Synch Zzzzzzz