Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Default Jonothan Starsmore: Chamber Appreciation

I miss this guy. Maybe he'll show up at the Gala somewhere.

How was Brisson's take on Jono? I'm assuming "boring", but I missed those issues.

And since this is the first post in an appreciation thread, the obligatory pics:

5c60e73a188e30552fdefd90a6433c44.jpg
    2e8ad98380b4f2a124fc1c1ac02b7f2f.jpg
    4942c602d87d3a0c37c3c5a68b82c33d.jpg

And since I didn't want to start this thread while my tablet was updating, for fear the browser would shut down in the middle of posting,I drew a quick sketch:

20210427_200354.jpg

Where has he been lately?

I always like him and his look.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Last I saw of him was in New Mutants #15 at Doug's wedding reception. He didn't have a line, though.

Chamber is great.

There's been no indication he will, but I really want him in Way of X. I really enjoy Spurrier's voice for him.

Also, I have this weird desire to see him assigned to being Pete Wisdom's partner.

-Pav, who thinks they'd be a cool pair...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Brisson's Jono was... strange and too violent. He refered to Jubilee child as "har brat" and killed the Marauders on cool blood.

I thought that was Rosenberg's run?

Always thought he had potential. Hoping 2021 will be Jono's year

Last edited by K7P5V; 04-27-2021 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I thought that was Rosenberg's run?
    Och! Yeah, I got confused there. I do not even remember Brisson's Chamber.

From what I've heard, that's about par for the course for Brisson's New Mutants run.

Quote Originally Posted by Leirus View Post
    Och! Yeah, I got confused there. I do not even remember Brisson's Chamber.
    He basically got captured by Cosmar in that run. Asked Dani why Magma ignored him and that was it. I've been so disappointed with how he's been treated.

Thank you for starting this. I've missed him so much in the books I've been talking about him for my first posts way too much He's been there, yet not quite been himself.

The thing I've been hoping they would answer is why Jono is still missing his face and chest. The five could surely help him. Like be on standby to protect his face or design a brace like in AOA. I just wish a writer would care enough to answer that (and reunite him with Angelo so I won't curse Austen so much.)

And Pav, I so agree Pete and Jono would make a great team. The snark would be off the charts. Pete would have his hands full, and the swearing alone from both, oh dear.

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    He basically got captured by Cosmar in that run. Asked Dani why Magma ignored him and that was it. I've been so disappointed with how he's been treated.
    Ugh. Well, at least he talked to Dani, I love it when my favs interact, and it doesn't happen very often. (Loved the "poker" scene.) Guess I'll check the run out from Hoopla over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Salemdelight View Post
    Thank you for starting this. I've missed him so much in the books I've been talking about him for my first posts way too much He's been there, yet not quite been himself.

The thing I've been hoping they would answer is why Jono is still missing his face and chest. The five could surely help him. Like be on standby to protect his face or design a brace like in AOA. I just wish a writer would care enough to answer that (and reunite him with Angelo so I won't curse Austen so much.)

And Pav, I so agree Pete and Jono would make a great team. The snark would be off the charts. Pete would have his hands full, and the swearing alone from both, oh dear.
    Don't worry about talking too much about your favorites. At least half the board does that.

I can't understand why Ayala isn't using him in New Mutants, given the themes of their run, so far. It looks like it would be the perfect place to look into why he isn't healed.

As for Pete Wisdom, I'm not a fan, but all that snark might be fun.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Always thought he had potential. Hoping 2021 will be Jono's year

Thats such a great page.

... Jono was one of my favorites of Gen X but... He just gets so morbid at times. I think I need some lightness as a balance. But writers don't seem to want to do that. I think when he was trying to be an X-Man he lightened up without losing his personality traits as well.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    Chamber is great.

There's been no indication he will, but I really want him in Way of X. I really enjoy Spurrier's voice for him.

Also, I have this weird desire to see him assigned to being Pete Wisdom's partner.

-Pav, who thinks they'd be a cool pair...
    Well... Stacy X is going to be there. And with Kurt there as well it would be rather nolstalgic.